Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

keys to stopping jets

Stephen

Making Sanchez throw

Careful what you wish for... Keller and Hill may be back this week.

Indy needs to hold them down early and get the Jet crowd frustrated. If that happens then I think NY may ,fold like a cheap tent. If they get off to a fast start Indy will be in trouble.

Vick ballard will have a breakout day.The jets will focus to much energy on reggie wayne allowing,dwayne allen ,coby fleener,donnie avery and ty hilton to have a great day.On defense cory redding,jerry hughes and dwight freeney will have a good day.I predict four sacks on sanchez and two interceptions.GO COLTS!

1.Load 8 men in the box because the Jets are a power blocking team, Greene is a between the Tackles runner

2.Dont get beat deep by Kerly or Hill

3.Mix up multiple blitzes especially coming from the left side on 3rd down as I believe the Jets RT is suspect even if an upgrade over Hunter

4.expect Rex to bring multiple blitzes, throw into that pressure, substitute Mewelde Moore he is listed as probable, use him on 3rd and medium or 3rd and short on occasion to keep the Jets D guessing

5.Get our Tight Ends involved in the pass game

6.send Wayne in motion to get him some mismatches

7.Have Conner be the QB spy when Tebow is in the game. he is bigger then Freeman and can probably have an easier time of taking Tebow down

Man I can see the win over the Packers is going to a lot of our heads. Keep in mind the Colts LOST to the Jags in the last game before that. This is going to be a hard game and is not the give me that some are making it out to be. This is the classic trap game for a young team going on the road for a lot of these guys only second time in their career and for the first time in a month. They are going up against a fairly experienced team who is going to playing for it's lives and proved against the Texans on Monday night they aren't quitting on the season. Add to that we are going to be down six to seven starters on top of this and that the Colts have struggled at times, mostly in the second half, on offense themselves this game is going to be a challenge. Make no mistake the Colts can win this game but they could just as easily lose this game as well.

Man I can see the win over the Packers is going to a lot of our heads. Keep in mind the Colts LOST to the Jags in the last game before that. This is going to be a hard game and is not the give me that some are making it out to be. This is the classic trap game for a young team going on the road for a lot of these guys only second time in their career and for the first time in a month. They are going up against a fairly experienced team who is going to playing for it's lives and proved against the Texans on Monday night they aren't quitting on the season. Add to that we are going to be down six to seven starters on top of this and that the Colts have struggled at times, mostly in the second half, on offense themselves this game is going to be a challenge. Make no mistake the Colts can win this game but they could just as easily lose this game as well.

Yep.... Truth...

This is no gimme..... not even close, Indy has got to play VERY WELL to win. And all the injuries on D combined with all the youth on O. It's a potential recipe for disaster.

That said... Indy has the better QB. Go Colts.

1.Load 8 men in the box because the Jets are a power blocking team, Greene is a between the Tackles runner

2.Dont get beat deep by Kerly or Hill

3.Mix up multiple blitzes especially coming from the left side on 3rd down as I believe the Jets RT is suspect even if an upgrade over Hunter

4.expect Rex to bring multiple blitzes, throw into that pressure, substitute Mewelde Moore he is listed as probable, use him on 3rd and medium or 3rd and short in the passing game on occasion to keep the Jets D guessing

5.Get our Tight Ends involved in the pass game on 2nd and 3rd downs

6.send Wayne in motion to get him some mismatches

7.Have Conner be the QB spy when Tebow is in the game. he is bigger then Freeman and can probably have an easier time of taking Tebow down

Correction on #4

maybe i mised something, but whatever happened to Brazill? is he hurt or something?

Just lost on the depth chart at the moment. He's been really good on special teams other than when he returned kicks the first week. Keep in mind he was a late round pick it might take a little while for him to develop.

not many snaps on O yet

Right that's why I was saying he's lost on the depth chart at the moment. I am just not worried that he's not playing much yet. He's young and a later round pick it might take a year or two for him to fully develop into the player people are hoping we got when we drafted him. Two examples of this are that Garcon didn't really play his rookie year as a later round pick and while not a later round pick clearly it took Wayne a couple of years to develop into a solid WR in the NFL.

Right that's why I was saying he's lost on the depth chart at the moment. I am just not worried that he's not playing much yet. He's young and a later round pick it might take a year or two for him to fully develop into the player people are hoping we got when we drafted him. Two examples of this are that Garcon didn't really play his rookie year as a later round pick and while not a later round pick clearly it took Wayne a couple of years to develop into a solid WR in the NFL.

I agree with you just tried to use the multiqote toll to respond to Leon's question and messed up.

I suspect this team(Jets) is going to play with just as much energy as we did last week. We need to be focused for sure.

I think with us, obviously, Chuck [Pagano]'s a personal friend of mine. We coached together, he coached my brother for years and years, and I just think the world of him. But with that said, we have our own things we are playing for, and one of those is, we need a win in the worst way. I certainly understand where they’re coming from and the fact they want to win for their coach. We want to win for each other, we want to win for our fans and that’s going to motivate us

.http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/REX-Trying-to-Eliminate-Self-Inflicted-Wounds/b90b914b-a9ec-418a-a133-e2635d08e592

Thank you. We are in no position to be thumping our chests. We are still very young, inexperienced and inconsistent until proven otherwise. Can we get a road win first? No opponent can be taken for granted. Over confident pot shots at the Jets expense at this time just doesnt make much sense. Thankfully I am sure the players and coaching staff are respecting the opponent and taking this game very seriously.