Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arains landing another gig

Coltivated

Hypothetically The colts win the majority of the rest of the season and make it anywear in the playoffs. I believe thier could be a possibitlity of another team interviewing him as a head coaching candidate. He said it has always been a goal of his. I know it is way too early to speculate i just have too much time on my hands lol. Dolphins, Browns, chiefs, cowgirs ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetically The colts win the majority of the rest of the season and make it anywear in the playoffs. I believe thier could be a possibitlity of another team interviewing him as a head coaching candidate. He said it has always been a goal of his. I know it is way too early to speculate i just have too much time on my hands lol. Dolphins, Browns, chiefs, cowgirs ?

I like what he's done here (for the most part) so far, but I wouldn't say he's someone that can't be replaced. His skill is more so in developing QB's than it is running an offense. Luck is already running the no-huddle as a rookie, so by the end of the year, I think Arians will have made enough of an impact to where he won't be as hands on with the offense as he is right now.

I'd like him to stay but if he doesn't, I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep over it. We could keep the same offense and hand the coordinator duties back over to Christensen and bare similar results as if Arians were still here. They both are inconsistent as play callers. It's really going to be about handing a greater load of play calling duties over to Luck so that when the inevitable transition from coordinators happens, we won't skip a beat. If Luck can master the system, he essentially becomes the system. If that happens, our coordiantor will only be one in title alone, making them expendable to a degree.

This is all hypothetical so who knows what will happen....

If the Colts make the playoffs with Arians at the helm, he'll get an offer to be a HC somewhere. I think he would take it. I read where he said he coached 30 something years in the NFL and never got an interview. If he got his shot now it's hard to imagine him passing it up especially if it's what he wanted all of his career.

I think he doesn't want to be a HC at all. I think he's ok being an OC for the rest of his career. He's been in this league for a long time and I'm sure he had many chances and if he did, he would've taken the opportunity. I'm just glad he's back in Indy to mentor Luck.

Yeah I believe he's a great coach very underrated highly productive and a proven winner. I pray for years to come with the colts. Him and pagano and manusky could be lights out in a few years. I never understood all the hate in Pittsburgh. I get they wanted to ground and pound but it is a throwing league and its almost impossible to stay perfectly balanced nowadays.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121008/SPORTS15/210090316/Bob-Kravitz-Colts-interim-head-coach-Bruce-Arians-has-day-remember

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8454044/bruce-arians-indianapolis-colts-ready-step-cancer-stricken-chuck-pagano

"Bruce Arians always wanted to coach his own NFL team."

Arians talking about his own desires to be a head coach and surmising on why he has never gotten a chance.

This makes me think that if he were offered an HC job, he would take it. I hope he hangs around a few years, but IF he gets the call I think he goes. Most people would jump at the chance to take their dream opportunity.

I thunk you may be missing something..here

Arinas may be our permanent head coach if Chuck Pagano cannot ever return.....

Dallas wont fire their HC, their commited to him just as much as their commited to tony *. and their even talking about giving romo a long term deal lol. so i doubt the head coach goes anywhere.

if that were the case dont you think he would have stayed with peyton????

He was just a position coach when he was here with Peyton. I could see him staying here as a long-term coordinator like Tom Moore did with Peyton. I could also see him leaving. We'd be fine, eitherway

if that were the case dont you think he would have stayed with peyton????

No because he was not the Offensive Coordinator like he is now. He was the quarterback coach.

The main thing Arians has an interest in is the ability of calling plays, which the quarterback coach

does not have that ability, hence the greater incentive to leave Indy for a playcallers role in Pittsburgh.

Arians has gone so far as to say if he couldn't call plays he would basically

leave football, because that is what he loves to do the most.

I think he could stave off the desire for headcoaching as long as he has the power to call plays.

This is hysterical. After the Vikings and Jags games there were threads about Arians lack of creativitiy and if I recall correctly, some that wanted him gone. Now there is a thread about hm becoming a head coach after the season for another team. Pretty funny stuff.

Yeah I believe he's a great coach very underrated highly productive and a proven winner. I pray for years to come with the colts. Him and pagano and manusky could be lights out in a few years. I never understood all the hate in Pittsburgh. I get they wanted to ground and pound but it is a throwing league and its almost impossible to stay perfectly balanced nowadays.

He was a good OC at Pittsburgh, heck they pretty much run the same system this year and it's the same system that succeeded with a mediocre QB at it's helm for the last seven years. The fans demanded it, but really their depleted o-line was what hurt them most last year. Pittsburgh is expected to win every year, they have a Yankees mentality and anything less something has to give. Basically he was a sacrificial lamb that was fired due to circumstances out of his control.

If and eventually when Arians is no longer a part of the Colts organization I have a few Coordinators in mind I like in no particular order

Rick Dennison

Tom Clements

Marty Mornhinweg

Pete Carmicheal

all of which run a Zone Blocking scheme of some kind which IF D Brown is still our running back down the road (I expect he will be) I think will benefit Brown alot better http://www.nfl.com/d...-brown?id=79543 I dont take this as gospel but given that the Colts ran a Zone Blocking scheme last year and Brown did pretty well on limited carries I believe it to be pretty accurate

I think Arians has filled in nicely for Pagano so far.

But him getting a HC position is highly unlikely to me. Like Romeo Crennel filling in for the fired Todd Haley and they win a few games and he becomes head coach and the team looks worse than last year.

I feel the same will happen to Arians.

Personally, I will wait for one of the offensive HC's to get fired like say a Chan Gailey, or maybe a Norv Turner if and when the Chargers fire him

If and eventually when Arians is no longer a part of the Colts organization I have a few Coordinators in mind I like in no particular order

Rick Dennison

Tom Clements

Marty Mornhinweg

Pete Carmicheal

all of which run a Zone Blocking scheme of some kind which IF D Brown is still our running back down the road (I expect he will be) I think will benefit Brown alot better http://www.nfl.com/d...-brown?id=79543 I dont take this as gospel but given that the Colts ran a Zone Blocking scheme last year and Brown did pretty well on limited carries I believe it to be pretty accurate

All those guys next moves will be for head coaching gigs. Why would they come here for a lateral? Better yet, what makes you think their respective employers would even let them leave for a lateral? Mornhinweg is the only one on that list that might be available, if Reid gets fired after this season. That's a big if, though

I think Arians has filled in nicely for Pagano so far.

But him getting a HC position is highly unlikely to me. Like Romeo Crennel filling in for the fired Todd Haley and they win a few games and he becomes head coach and the team looks worse than last year.

I feel the same will happen to Arians.

Personally, I will wait for one of the offensive HC's to get fired like say a Chan Gailey, or maybe a Norv Turner if and when the Chargers fire him

I definitely like Chan Gailey as a coordinator. He has proven to be versatile, running any variation of option, spread, pro style or what have you. I feel like he would build an offense around his players strengths rather than make the players adjust to his "system"

All those guys next moves will be for head coaching gigs. Why would they come here for a lateral? Better yet, what makes you think their respective employers would even let them leave for a lateral? Mornhinweg is the only one on that list that might be available, if Reid gets fired after this season. That's a big if, though

Arians was let go, it happens coaches get let go especially coordinators, also we dont know if any of those Coordinators will be head coaches at all, Arians has been involved in football for a long time (I believe 30 years or more) and Im not sure anyone was talking about him being a head coach in fact he was retired until the Colts called him up

I definitely like Chan Gailey as a coordinator. He has proven to be versatile, running any variation of option, spread, pro style or what have you. I feel like he would build an offense around his players strengths rather than make the players adjust to his "system"

I would love to see Luck run a pistol offense and use his speed in the option game.

Chan's offense would be a lot better if he could have more talent on the offensive side of the ball.

He really just has 2 good RBs in Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. Just imagine what he could do to our offense with Luck at the helm

And to think that the Steelers ran him out of town...

and now we're discussing if he'll leave for a head coaching job. We definitely capitalized on the Steelers' mistake.

Now, as for leaving. If he has an impressive 6 or so weeks as a HC, he will definitely get consideration from other teams seeking a new HC.