Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cory Redding

oldunclemark

I thouhgt he was just an average player..maybe slightly better

..and that may be true..or not

But in watching the NFL Net replay of the game....Redding is the verbal leader of the defense

He's talking it up and channelling Ray Lewis with inspirational words...

Very good pickup by R. Grigson

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in watching the NFL Net replay of the game....Redding is the verbal leader of the defense

Not to say that Grigson had nothing to do with it.... but, as I recall the story that both Redding and Pagano tell... right after Pagano got the job the 1st call he made was to Redding..... saying, "Cory, I need you, come to Indianapolis." And Redding said that was all he needed to hear.

Again, I'm sure Grigson was highly involved, but the first step seems to have been from Pags....

Veteran player from the 3-4 Defense, he's supposed to be the Leader.

Zbikowski was supposed to be a Leader too, but I'm not quite sure what happened in that Process

Our 'D' leaders are Mathis and Freeney...all-rpros but they arent talkers like Redding

I would not call him a top end in the league..that's a stretch...

But I certainly respect his leadership and NCF...you may be right....it could have been Pagano that got him here.

he spoke very highly of him.

....any way he got here....we need him now with 3 top defenders out........

i think what makes redding a good player is hes versatile. he can play a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT. his second sack was in the DT position. hughes had the pressure on the edge forcing rodgers right into redding. when was the last time we can say we got pressure from our DT.

He got fined by NFL this week, unsportsmanlike conduct, but I am not sure what he did.

He hit Benson a little late on the play he got injured. It was pretty weak but I can understand the personal foul call. I don't agree with the fine, however, but it doesn't surprise me coming from Goodell.

He got fined by NFL this week, unsportsmanlike conduct, but I am not sure what he did.

He kinda head butted Benson a split second after he was tackled, it looked very avoidable. It looked like he was making sure Benson was down but there was no question he was down, the head butt didn't seem malicious, it looked like their helmets touched as Redding pushed down on Bensons torso.

Yeah, I understand. I say it more in jest considering most of us had already written Reggie off.

Really, didn't think he'd leave, he's played those offseason twitter games before. At the end of the day, Reggie is a Colt and comes to work. Kudos on the creative answer though.

His big mouth seemed to irritate several teammates. There is a difference between a leader and some guy with a giant mouth. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a guy that's stepping up to light a fire....but he has to pick and choose the time for this, and from what I saw that mouth just runs on a constant.

Adam Vinatieri is easily the best free agent pickup we've had in the past ten years. Anyone remember the playoff game at Baltimore? Five field goals, either tying or breaking an NFL playoff record?

awww come on, you didn't like Corey Simon?

Did anyone? Other than the McDonalds' of the greater Indy area?

Im not sure Simon fit the Tampa 2 we were running

I liked Simon OK in 2005. Not so much after that. He had a career ending injury/condition, therefore me and all the other Colts fans (excluding DoomOf21 and Tmack) will forget about his contributions and consider him an afterthought.

I like Redding a lot more than I thought I would.

Concerning Corey Simon: He was a big factor of the best defense the Colts have had in decades.

http://www.nfl.com/s...POINTS_GAME_AVG

"I'm Dwight Freeney and I had 11.0 sacks in 2005."

"I'm Robert Mathis and I had 11.5 sacks in 2005."

I liked Simon OK in 2005. Not so much after that. He had a career ending injury/condition, therefore me and all the other Colts fans (excluding DoomOf21 and Tmack) will forget about his contributions and consider him an afterthought.

Concerning Corey Simon: He was a big factor of the best defense the Colts have had in decades.

http://www.nfl.com/s...POINTS_GAME_AVG

"I'm Dwight Freeney and I had 11.0 sacks in 2005."

"I'm Robert Mathis and I had 11.5 sacks in 2005."

The portion in red was your addition to my original quote, I never said that, nor is it what I meant.

Looking back at my post, I can see where it might be misinterpreted.

I was speaking strictly to my perception of his on-field performance, which is the same as yours above: the '05 Colts D was very good due in large part to Simon.

The portion in red was your addition to my original quote, I never said that, nor is it what I meant.

Looking back at my post, I can see where it might be misinterpreted.

I was speaking strictly to my perception of his on-field performance, which is the same as yours above: the '05 Colts D was very good due in large part to Simon.

Apologies, I thought it was pretty standard to insert comments into a quote when there was multiple quotes used to address a specific point. My comment was concerning the idea that a lot of fans have that he had a run of the mill football injury or just played poorly. In fact he had a career ending condition that cut his time playing football short.

Why on earth would you have ever thought this?

Apologies, I thought it was pretty standard to insert comments into a quote when there was multiple quotes used to address a specific point. My comment was concerning the idea that a lot of fans have that he had a run of the mill football injury or just played poorly. In fact he had a career ending condition that cut his time playing football short.

It's all good. It was a fly-by post by me & I didn't take the time to be precise in what I meant. Takes 2 to tango.

Back on topic...

He's been playing lights out and he's been a tremendous leader.

I underestimated his play and way underestimated his leadership. Dude has charisma.