Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Belichick Grabs Official

wallieump99

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Patriots-Ravens game, Bill Belichick grabbed one of the officials.

Do you think he should be suspended for 1 game (since we would've been ejected from his current game, but it was over)? Or will the NFL just fine him.

Probably a fine. I wouldn't count on a suspension and frankly there has never been a coach ejected from a NFL game so I am not sure if he would have been or not I would have seen a flag for it but I am not sure about being ejected. I remember "the chin" once running down an official at half-time once and shoving a picture in his pocket and he was not thrown out of the game.

He's not gonna be suspended, that would be ridiculous. I'm sure some sort of fine is coming his way. He is a first-time offender, though, so maybe he'll get some leeway with that.

Spygate...granted not related to this but his record isn't exactly like Tony Dungy's with the league office. I don't think he'll be suspended either but he's not a first-time offender.

Spygate...granted not related to this but his record isn't exactly like Tony Dungy's with the league office. I don't think he'll be suspended either but he's not a first-time offender.

Oh yeah...That was a while ago though, and no violence was threatened by touching a ref/player or anything in the Spygate incident, but then again, it is on his record. These are two separate offenses so I don't know if it'll be taken into consideration with this incident but we'll find out. A fine is coming though, no doubt about that.

http://espn.go.com/b...altimore-ravens

I think Spikes will be hearing from the league office as well. Also BB you are dreaming or you really do have the league in your back pocket if you don't get fined for grabbing the ref tonight after the big deal the league made about telling the coaches to back off the refs this week. For those who have family who use the forum be for warned there is language at the end of the article although it is mostly covered up.

Did I miss something?

Did he not agree with the field goal being good or what? Honestly, I've said it before, the reffing is laughable at times, but it's been laughable even with real refs in there at times. People are just using them as a scapegoat when things don't go their way. The refs need to assert their authority over the players/coaches.

Did I miss something?

Did he not agree with the field goal being good or what? Honestly, I've said it before, the reffing is laughable at times, but it's been laughable even with real refs in there at times. People are just using them as a scapegoat when things don't go their way. The refs need to assert their authority over the players/coaches.

Ummmm, these replacement refs are really bad. They are not just scape :goat: s.

If I was Belichick I would have punched him in the face. These replacements are disgracing football.

I wouldn't resort to physical violence per say, but those replacement zebras are simply awful. No question about it SilentHill. When you manage to tick off Bill Belicheck and John Harbaugh multiple times in the same game, that says something. And what it says isn't :cuss: good. :wall::thmdown::help:

After the Patriots-Ravens game, Bill Belichick grabbed one of the officials.

Do you think he should be suspended for 1 game (since we would've been ejected from his current game, but it was over)? Or will the NFL just fine him.

Its clear cut.....manhandling the refs gets you a suspension...

one game....he sits...he has to

He wanted an explanation. Since these HORRIBLE refs are so inept that mis-calling a FG wouldn't be a surprise....it WAS a scoring play, Bill wanted an explanation and this HACK of a ref, this pretend ref wants to shrug him off and ignore an NFL head coach because he feels he's being picked on for sucking at his job.....?

ABSOLUTELY NOT, NO Bill should not be fined for that. So many games are being ruined by these hacks. The first three weeks are a joke. So many games turning on these bad calls.

I'm just about done with the NFL this year until the officiating is fixed. The product is so poor it borders on phony.

The only thing that's warranted at this point is that they STOP PLAYING until they have officials that know the rules. The league is making a mockery out of itself.

He wanted an explanation.

The first three weeks are a joke. So many games turning on these bad calls.

I'm just about done with the NFL this year until the officiating is fixed. The product is so poor it borders on phony.

I hope that you are right ruksak. The officiating is pathetic. I agree 100% I blame Roger Goodell for this fiasco. What's that expression the military uses? FUBAR? Bleeped Up Beyond All Recognition. That's what the NFL is turning into to me too.

I wouldn't fine Bill either. I thought the kick was no good at first glance too. Well said ruksak. Well said. Bring on the NFL boycott.

Its clear cut.....manhandling the refs gets you a suspension...

one game....he sits...he has to

I find it.....curious....that the NFL is loading it's guns and pointing them at coaches and players with the intent to preserve the integrity of the game when these refs are an all out assault on the integrity of the game.

Bad calls are a part of the NFL...it happens with any crew. Sometimes a ref just doesn't see an infraction or a knee touch. What's happening now is far beyond that. We're seeing many instances where the refs clearly don't even know the rules or what to look for, they aren't sure what is, and is not, pass interference.

Just pay the dang real refs and stop worrying so much about your big 'ol piece of pie, NFL.

Perhaps if that ref had acknowledged Bill instead of ignoring him, Bill wouldn't have felt the need to touch him.

The NFL is making itself clear..."Do not touch or talk to our untouchable hacks". .......as if they deserve such an umbrella of protection.

Belichick isn't the only coach whose frustration boiled over yesterday: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065721/article/league-to-review-kyle-shanahan-berating-officials

Not only did the refs unjustifiably call a personal foul on our offensive coordinator because of confusion caused by their own incompetence but they also screwed up the ball placement. They marked off five yards for a false start before the personal foul and marked it off again after the personal foul, which is why if you look at the NFL.com play-by-play you can see a non-existent 20 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That is true incompetence. We had maybe a 5% chance of tying the game up with a deep shot before the 20 yard fiasco which is why this hasn't been big news... but it did effectively reduce our small chance to nil.

I find it.....curious....that the NFL is loading it's guns and pointing them at coaches and players with the intent to preserve the integrity of the game when these refs are an all out assault on the integrity of the game.

Bad calls are a part of the NFL...it happens with any crew. Sometimes a ref just doesn't see an infraction or a knee touch. What's happening now is far beyond that. We're seeing many instances where the refs clearly don't even know the rules or what to look for, they aren't sure what is, and is not, pass interference.

Just pay the dang real refs and stop worrying so much about your big 'ol piece of pie, NFL.

Perhaps if that ref had acknowledged Bill instead of ignoring him, Bill wouldn't have felt the need to touch him.

***The NFL is making itself clear..."Do not touch or talk to our untouchable hacks". .......as if they deserve such an umbrella of protection.***

I agree with all of it except the last sentence. These guys are out of their element and are trying their best, probably wanting a job long term. They don't deserve to be touched in anyway by a player or coach.

The NFL is making itself clear..."Do not touch or talk to our untouchable hacks". .......as if they deserve such an umbrella of protection.

That is an excellent point ruksak. Why blame the coaches and players here? Projection, according to the American Heritage dictionary, is defined as "The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or desires onto someone or something as a naive or unconscious defense against their own anxiety or guilt." Sound familiar Roger Goodell?

Or Projection can be defined as "The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or suppositions to others: "Even trained anthropologists have been guilty of unconscious projection—of clothing the subjects of their research in theories brought with them into the field."

Stop projecting your own guilt onto coaches, players, and eventually the fans and please face reality Mr. NFL Commissioner. You created this monster and only you can kill it, neuter it, and fix it with money getting distributed to the regular zebras plain and simple.

I agree with all of it except the last sentence. These guys are out of their element and are trying their best, probably wanting a job long term. They don't deserve to be touched in anyway by a player or coach.

I got a touch for them, one gleamed from the bottom of my boot.

I understand the sentiment you're aiming with here....BUT...these guys are scabs, plain and simple. Their very existence is an insult to the integrity of the game. They're taking a paycheck to do a job that they are failing at miserably.

I would have BB's back even if he decided to trip that coward ref as a means to get him to respond. He wasn't ignoring Bill because he was doing what's right...he ignored him because he just wanted to trolley off that field and get his $$$. The last thing he wanted was to explain a rule that he has no idea about in the first place.

As bad as things have gotten, this attacks the NFL's bargaining position in regard to the officiating contracts. The NFL isn't coming out swinging at disgruntled players and coaches for the sake of the integrity of the game. They're volleying an assault to get everyone in line because the more that coaches and players make a spectacle of the issue, the more the NFL loses bargaining position. The striking officials must be grinning ear to ear by now, and the NFL is getting desperate to stop it.

Replacement ref or regular ref I don't care you can't touch the refs. Rather he was a replacement ref or regular ref doesn't matter when it comes to that. Frankly I think that ref handled it perfect he just kept on going. Just because the coach wants to talk to you doesn't mean you have to stop and talk to him. I think the refs were done being talked too last night because the players and coaches are lobbying them trying to get calls and they showed it earlier in the game when Harbaugh got a flag for trying to talk to a ref. Frankly I didn't agree with that flag, IMO you have to wait for the coach to do something out of line before you can flag him for what IMO was them thinking he was going to try to lobby but I could understand why the guy threw it. Frankly that's part of the problem right now the players and coaches are trying to lobby the refs into calls and the refs have been listening to it too much IMO and the way you stop that is to just make the call and move on and let the players and coaches know you aren't going to listen to them and if the league office gets on the refs after the game so be it. To me that's the biggest difference between the replacement refs and the regular refs. It's kinda like having a substitute teacher in school you see if you can get away with things that you knew you had no chance of getting away with with the regular teacher.

For the record I don't think BB should be suspended for yesterday but I do think he should be and will be fined.

these guys are scabs, plain and simple. Their very existence is an insult to the integrity of the game.

They're [the NFL] volleying an assault to get everyone in line because the more that coaches and players make a spectacle of the issue, the more the NFL loses bargaining position. The striking officials must be grinning ear to ear by now, and the NFL is getting desperate to stop it.

BINGO!!! If coaches and the fans fail to fall in line like good little soldiers, the NFL will crack and drop to it's knees and everyone knows this even Roger Goodell. To use a famous Tom Petty song, "I won't back down" and neither should the fans on this one either. Goodell and the owners need to be taught a lesson here: Don't take your fan base for granted or neglect them EVER!!!

BINGO!!! If coaches and the fans fail to fall in line like good little soldiers, the NFL will crack and drop to it's knees and everyone knows this even Roger Goodell. To use a famous Tom Petty song, "I won't back down" and neither should the fans on this one either. Goodell and the owners need to be taught a lesson here: Don't take your fan base for granted or neglect them EVER!!!

+1 for Tom Petty-ness

I don't think any punishment should come from the league at all. If I were Belichick and I got fined, I'd promptly find the nearest reporter and earn my fine, and the subsequent one.

If there's a game-deciding play as the clock runs out, the coaches deserve the ear of the refs to make sure there's no review pending, etc. Belichick tried to talk to several refs, and they just ran right past him, ignoring him. I'd have grabbed someone as well. The crew chief should have taken the initiative to explain to Belichick that the ball went over the goal post, and the play is not reviewable.

And, like others here, I'm not a huge fan of Belichick's personality either. But I think the refs did him wrong by ignoring him, and I probably would have followed them into their locker room if necessary to get a simple acknowledgment.

+1 for Tom Petty-ness

haha:funny::lol: Yes ruksak, I'm pretty adamant in my NFL zebra position and I refuse to move one inch.

Adamant- "Very determined and not influenced by strong or firm appeals to reconsider obstinate, unyielding, and inflexible."

I will take your Petty-Ness and raise you this: 80's pop star Adam Ant. Cheesy song, but the humorous word play on the singer's name works very well in this case, I might add.

http://youtu.be/19f6961h-G4

I just think the frustration is misplaced. Take it to the podium. Grabbing refs or complaining about them is pointless, they are just scabs taking a paycheck , just like anyone else would. It's like yelling at color blind preschool kid because he colored the sun in green. Take it to Goodell, take it to the press.

Lobbying or flat out intimidation of refs is much , much worse than a ref making a bad call. I mean if we're gonna complain about the lack of credibility , this is it at its worse.

I just think the frustration is misplaced. Take it to the podium. Grabbing refs or complaining about them is pointless, they are just scabs taking a paycheck , just like anyone else would. It's like yelling at color blind preschool kid because he colored the sun in green. Take it to Goodell, take it to the press.

Lobbying or flat out intimidation of refs is much , much worse than a ref making a bad call. I mean if we're gonna complain about the lack of credibility , this is it at its worse.

you saying Bill was trying to intimidate the ref by grabbing him trying to get an explanation?

I don't think any punishment should come from the league at all. If I were Belichick and I got fined, I'd promptly find the nearest reporter and earn my fine, and the subsequent one.

If there's a game-deciding play as the clock runs out, the coaches deserve the ear of the refs to make sure there's no review pending, etc. Belichick tried to talk to several refs, and they just ran right past him, ignoring him. I'd have grabbed someone as well. The crew chief should have taken the initiative to explain to Belichick that the ball went over the goal post, and the play is not reviewable.

And, like others here, I'm not a huge fan of Belichick's personality either. But I think the refs did him wrong by ignoring him, and I probably would have followed them into their locker room if necessary to get a simple acknowledgment.

Superman is right. Fining Bill Belicheck would simply solve nothing and exacerbate the problem. Besides, Robert Kraft would just put the amount of his fine in his bank account anyway and indirectly pay it. That's what I'd do if I was Mr. Kraft. All Bill wanted was a little elaboration on FG kicking rules that's all. I was actually getting more upset at the rookie refs than either Belicheck or Harbaugh were showing on the sidelines.

If Bill gets fined that will be so asinine and foolish IMO. Maybe it will bring the zebra crisis to a head and force a comprehensive solution immediately. God, I sincerely hope so. This traveling carnival show is getting way out of hand and it must be terminated NOW...