Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Belichick Grabs Official

wallieump99

Players get kicked out of the game. If he's not suspended I look for at least a very high 5 figure fine. Since the Packers don't have an "owner" I'd love to see the look on the face of Kraft,Jones or Skins owner if that same thing happens to them. Will they still say the refs are doing a great job WITH a smile on their face.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players get kicked out of the game. If he's not suspended I look for at least a very high 5 figure fine. Since the Packers don't have an "owner" I'd love to see the look on the face of Kraft,Jones or Skins owner if that same thing happens to them. Will they still say the refs are doing a great job WITH a smile on their face.

Saw on twitter that it was $25,000 for Shanahan and the league is going to fine BB (didn't say how much) and John Harbaugh will not get a fine. This goes back to what I said at the time with Harbaugh you had to wait for him to do something before you could punish him. Since he took a time out on the very next play he has a very legit case he might have just been trying to get a timeout and not yell at the officals.

Jules was right; that FG was no good.

Doubt it? Watch it yourself:

Btw, watch the game film, and you'll notice one thing: the refs don't even look up to see if it was good.

Awesome.

That's a bad angle and it was good. If the ball goes over the top of the post, it's good. Its has to go high and outside of the post for it to be no good.

If you drew a imaginary post, extending above the real post, and the ball hits the imaginary post, it's good. It would have to go outside of that.

That's a bad angle and it was good. If the ball goes over the top of the post, it's good. Its has to go high and outside of the post for it to be no good.

If you drew a imaginary post, extending above the real post, and the ball hits the imaginary post, it's good. It would have to go outside of that.

That's untrue.

Sorry.

Rule is, the ball has to be WITHIN the upright, not above it. Above does not = good.

That's untrue.

Sorry.

Rule is, the ball has to be WITHIN the upright, not above it. Above does not = good.

Fact-checking is critically important when you enter in to a discussion where you are insistent upon an idea that most people disagree with. :2c:

That's untrue.

Sorry.

That's what I thought but that's actually not true..according to the announcers...

The ball has to go over any part of the post..just like a TD has to see the ball go over any parrt of the pylon.

the kick was good.

That's untrue.

Sorry.

Steve tasker who I don't agree with on much but I will agree he knows his special teams stuff said on Sunday when kicked his second kick which was a lot like the ravens kick that all a ball needed to do was catch a peace of the goal post if it went over the top he said even if caught the outside and would other wise bounce off no good if the post were extended it was good. He did a really good job breaking it down in the colts game and might be worth mistening to if you can find it

fgrule.jpg

..again..This is accoridng to game announcers.last week

This is the rule but its open to interpertaiuon..and the acepted iner[ertaion (by everyone but Belichik)

is that the ball has to pass over rthe outside edges of the post plane

It does NOT say the ENTIRE ball has to pass between the outside edges of the imaginary extended post.

..as I said before..this was news to me..

That's what I thought but that's actually not true..according to the announcers...

The ball has to go over any part of the post..just like a TD has to see the ball go over any parrt of the pylon.

the kick was good.

The rule that FJC posted clearly says different. Do not put too much stock in what announcers say. They said Monday night that simultaneous possession is not reviewable, but that's wrong. It is reviewable, but only in the endzone.

The problem is, the camera angle offers a false perspective.

As seen here;

falseperspective.jpg

A false perspective dramatically skews any ability to concisely evaluate how object X aligns with object Y. As to the rule, I'm going with FJC's offering of the actual rule, which clearly says "all of the ball must pass through the outside edges".

I think they should add a camera on the top of the goal posts, and make them review-able.

I think, as FJC said, a laser on the outer edge of the goal post would work best as they are at the outer point of the FG good area . . . if the ball passers over and there is no laser shown on the ball, then the laser does not hit the ball and its good . . . if however the ball passes outside of the outer edge of the goal post, and therefore not good, the laser will be reflected on the ball and easier deemed not good . ..

btw, the ref should of stopped and talked to BB and not simply run off the field . . .

It's good to know ruksak that there are some smooth operators and ladies men on here.

I'm like a dog chasing a car, if I caught a pretty one, I would have no idea what to do with it anyway. haha:funny::lol:

1968-charger.jpg

I was only ever good at chasing cars . . . heres one that should make you all Plum Crazy . . . :hippie: