Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie Replacement

PrincetonTiger

Chad, TO, and Plaxico, oh my!

The only one of those three I would have the slightest interest in is Plaxico. TO and Chad haven't done much of anything in years and don't even look close to being the players they once were let alone the off the field issues that comes with them. Even with Plaxico I am not all that interested. There is a reason no one has signed him to this point.

Yes, the Colts can not keep a spot on the active 53 if his injury is longterm

IR him and either look for another a guy who plays another poistion where we are beat up right now mostly likely spots would be CB or Oline. I'll hope for the best but his reaction was one who knew it was bad but I am wiling to wait till we get the official word.

Can we bring Whalen back off of IR when his foot heals? How does that work this year again?

He was on IR before the new rule came out so I don't even think he was eligible to be brought back but either way it doesn't matter because he was not designated to comeback even if he could be. He's out for the year.

Computer is going hog-wild........3rd time is a charm....GRRRRRR!

to 8818's response on Burress...(would not quote...)

I am intrigued by Plaxico......he looks in great shape. I am not going after him though.... retooling/re-loading?... Brazill...and use Vaughn on kickoffs. Hilton is showing great stuff too.

We need our TEs and receivers to run out every route.....Allen, Adams and Hilton all stopped on routes today....

I am with you...a wait and see........until we can see :) Then make a solid roster move.

The only one of those three I would have the slightest interest in is Plaxico. TO and Chad haven't done much of anything in years and don't even look close to being the players they once were let alone the off the field issues that comes with them. Even with Plaxico I am not all that interested. There is a reason no one has signed him to this point.

I'm not interested in any of them. I was just going for the lols.

Won't be shocked to see a trade or fa signing or two or three this week. I won't be shocked if we try to get Welker. Sorry I'm in Madden mode and am trying to make the bye week exciting. GO COLTS! :goodluck:

If I've learned one thing it's NEVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER trade the with the Pats. You never come out ahead of a trade with them. Also frankly I think we are okay at WR Brazil or Adams just needs to step up and fill the last spot. I am okay going with Wayne and Avery with Hilton in the slot.

I think we're alright addressing it in-house.

Anyway, can we at least be patient and wait for the prognosis? I mean, I saw a Bleacher Report article saying Collie should retire by classifying a knee sprain as a life-threatening injury.

Look, I like the guy, and I worry about him, but I swear to God, if the guy got a paper cut opening his mail tomorrow, some of the people around here would say that he'll probably be dead before 40 because of the blood loss. Chill out a bit.

We were fine the first two weeks without Collie on the field. I think we need to get help elsewhere on the defensive side. We could use another CB or S.

Especially if the injuries to King or Davis are long term we would almost be forced to go get another corner. If those guys are healthy I wouldn't be shocked if they went after another o-lineman if we are still banged up there. Again this is all assuming the injury to Collie is as bad as it looked.

Won't be shocked to see a trade or fa signing or two or three this week. I won't be shocked if we try to get Welker. Sorry I'm in Madden mode and am trying to make the bye week exciting. GO COLTS! :goodluck:

Your funny. How would you pay for Welker, mod edit

Edited by shecolt
political content

Our receivers are not that good.

We do need to bring another in now.

Seriously?? PLEASE tell me who the Colts could bring in that would automatically be an upgrade to what we have now....

The receivers are fine.. I would play Hilton and Avery on the outsides to force the safety's to play deeper due to their speed. Play Reggie in the slot and let him take advantage of the LB's and nickel backs.