Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your favorite colts player of all time besides Manning.

StewieG

Maybe not my favorite players but bringing back some memories. C'mon Barry what about Big Daddy Gene Lipscomb!. Mosi Tatupu was great but some consideration should have been given to Alex Hawkins as Special Teams Award. Kevin "The Creature" Call and our favorite running back Joe Don Looney. Thanks grandpa for the names! Of course you guys don't think those were players during my era?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i was nto and never have been a Baltimore Colts Fan but I have been an Indy Fan since the move in '84. Surprised so few votes for Dickerson (* off field but a monster on the field) and Ken Dilger (class act) and i know he was only here for a short time but no votes for Rison???? Thought someone would at least mention him.

My favorite without question is Harbaugh, the '95 AFC championship game against the Steelers in Three Rivers is my favorite game of all times (even though the no instant replay screwed us over and we lost). Matter of fact that is my favorite season overall. I don't secretly root for SF, i openly do. They are NFC so it's ok in my mind :)

Pre-Indy: Mike Curtis, Bubba Smith, Art Donovan, Johnny Unitas, John Mackey, Ted Hendricks and Jim O'Brien (his kick beat the Cowboys in the SB 5 which makes him an all-time great in my book!)

I was a kid watching that in front of the tv. One of my greatest memories. The day I cemented my love for the Colts and my hatred for the Cowboys.

Thank you

Unitas easily

Love Bubba not that great an actor but was so happy when we drafted him

Mike Curtis is needed now, he can teach defensive toughness to Ray Lewis

I have to say though I love all players named, people are indicating to me at least that they are Colt fans basically after they moved to Indy

What a rich history before that, Gino Marchetti, Jim Parker Art Donovan , T Raymond Beery , Lenny More , John Mackey/ there is a reason an award is named after him ,,,,,,, need i go on , all = deserving of being someones favorite

100% agreement

Johnny Unitas is my favorite of all time..Peyton is 2nd

jim harbaugh. after ten plus years of watching ho-hum qb play, jim was electrifying with his tarkentonesk play making ability. for the first time in my fandom, i was priveledged to see great qb play for MY team. i will always be a fan of the man

it's ironic he was brought in intended to be a back up to what's his name i don't remember statue in the pocket from tampa bay who had lit us up the season prior

That would be Craig Erickson.

I'm on the Harbaugh bandwagon as well. I've even forgiven him for being a Michigan man. :)

A couple of off-the-wall faves: Jason Belser (I would love to find a vid of when he almost killed Keyshawn Johnson) and James Mungro (Little man, big heart. Also found humor in how Stuart Scott would call him James Ruh-roh on Sportscenter).

Faulk until he got traded. I became a Colts fan when he got drafted (since I didnt really follow the NFL at the time either) and here I am today.

In the post-Faulk era, outside of Peyton, id go with Bethea. The Colts never had a good safety in coverage really until he came along.

Not sure how I forgot to mention my favorite current Colt.....41. He's the definition of reliable. Also not sure how I forgot to mention Dom Rhodes....he was such a great back for us, especially in the 06 playoff stretch/super bowl. And lastly, nobody was more respected than #21 when he was healthy. A difference maker beyond comprehension.

Love Love Love Harrison, Wayne, Matthis, Edge and Freeny (what a cutie) More recently Collie has stolen my heart and Pierre will have a special place just because he brought so much to his county during a time of strife. Sanders and Saturday are never far from the front either. so many choices so much talent! All I have to say is the owner ought to getdown on his knees every day and thank whatever god he worshipes for every day these MEN made his team better!

Peyton helped throw away Super Bowl XLIV should fans not like him either?

Sans the pick-6, Peyton's stats in XLIV were outstanding. We shouldn't have been in that position. Garcon's drop, Hank Baskett, soft coverage, Caldwell's dumb decision to have Stover try a 52-yarder, etc.

Reggie. I met him and he is just a straight up chill player that has swag

During one of Rich Einsen's NFL podcasts, sometime last year, Reggie was a guest on his show and #87 talked about being room mates with Ravens safety at the University of Miami. Reggie asked Ed to look after his pet snake one weekend while he was away. Ed promised to look after the snake, but it died shortly after Reggie left. Reggie got a text from Ed. All it said was "Hercules is dead man." Now, I might have the name of the snake wrong, but Reggie is a hilarious storyteller and he does indeed tell a compelling tale, or should I say tail, with some serious "swag." haha:hat: :whatever:

Sans the pick-6, Peyton's stats in XLIV were outstanding. We shouldn't have been in that position. Garcon's drop, Hank Baskett, soft coverage, Caldwell's dumb decision to have Stover try a 52-yarder, etc.

That's my point one bad game or in Peyton's case one mistake is not a reason to hate a player who did well the rest of the time he was here. Without Morrall the Colts wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl in the first place.

I like different players for different reasons, Reggie Wayne for his devotion and hard work, Bob Sanders for putting his health on the line and play it all out, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday for being smart, serious guys, and good friends with Peyton ( a plus :)), Dwight Freeney for his talent and knowing what's best for him (very business like guy), etc. Notice that I only named players from Manning era as, before 1998, I didn't even know what football is about, much less being a Colts fan.

Big play Ray Buhcannon, He had swag before it was a word. He would hit you and pick the ball off. I'm sorry I have to name two. Eugene Daniels, He would lay the wood, and pick it off. Go Colts. For some of you new Colts follower you do not know the two players I'm speaking of.

Def a Ray Buchanan fan!!! See avatar...

I didn't mind the 51 yarder, and think it was the right call. I mean if Stover made it the outcome would have been completely differnt. We would be up 20-16. So the Saints don't have to go for two making the game 20-23. Peyton could have milked the final drive instead of rushing for a TD which ultimately lead to the pick 6.

The only reason he got picked was because the offense was rushing for a TD to make sure they had time for another drive. Even if they tied the game at 24 the Saints had 3 minutes to kill, and drive for a score. They would have scored too, we didn't stop them since the first quarter.

I didn't mind the 51 yarder, and think it was the right call. I mean if Stover made it the outcome would have been completely differnt. We would be up 20-16. So the Saints don't have to go for two making the game 20-23. Peyton could have milked the final drive instead of rushing for a TD which ultimately lead to the pick 6.

The only reason he got picked was because the offense was rushing for a TD to make sure they had time for another drive. Even if they tied the game at 24 the Saints had 3 minutes to kill, and drive for a score. They would have scored too, we didn't stop them since the first quarter.

Understand the logic

Dont think but wont say for sure Stover hadn't hit a 50 yarder for few years, really sure not that year , maybe 1 of many tries if any

also wonder if was miscommunication with Reggie and also Reggie had knee issue that game but Peyton took blame on self

Aniother big issue was the Freeney big game ankle injury, he played well 1st half, forcing the onside kick next half, then during the break it just swelled up & the rush became a non factor , he needed to keep playing in reality with no halftime break

as for Basket I will never forget him , once he was sent back to eagles , saying that he had the ball and heard colts players say it was their ball so without waiting for a whistle and refs / ump to unpile the scrum & rule he simply let go & got up , he said he didnt know he had to wait for the whistle

What do u expect from a guy whose QB, McNabb said he didnt know a tie game was possible, What was their Eagle coaches teaching them