Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your favorite colts player of all time besides Manning.

StewieG

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first favorite was Goose! At the time I was only young, and am told I would chant for Goose even if the Colts weren't on TV. haha

When I got older, and started to learn football Johnny U easily took the spot. Everything I could read, or watch I have. He simply is the GOAT, Peyton will join him when it is all said and done.

EDIT: It won't let me import images, says "post too short." :dunno:

Before my time: Art Donovan (read his book Fatso..its awesome!), John Mackey

When I was a kid: The trio of Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, and Roger Carr..and the Sack Pack of Dutton, Barnes, Ehrmann, and Cook.

Later on: Captain Comeback: Jim Harbaugh. Hunter Smith..(Only because he body slammed Deion from behind..my favorite play of all time.)

Then...the one and only football God...Peyton Manning. The best there is, was, and ever will be..(sorry Bret Hart...(sorry Bret Hart...but Peyton is the epitome of that catchphrase)..and of course his cohorts Marvin and Reggie)

so many...

Freeney

Wayne

Vinitarie

Harrison

Edge

Harbaugh

Jeff George (ROFL JK)

Bert Jones

LIddel Mitchel

Johnny Unitas

You forgot Art Sclichter...lol

Bert Jones- My first sports hero, had his poster on my bedroom door growing up. I cried when he went to the Rams.

Gino Marchetti- Simply a beast, redifined how the position was played, have an autographed Colts ball from him with all Colts titles listed on it both Balt and Indy. Appreciated he continued to go to Colts events in Indy much like Earl Morrell while others badmouthed and the club

Marshall Faulk- Helped make the Colts relevent along with Jim Harbaugh, we havent had a back even close to his skills since (No offense to Edge but Faulk could beat you so many different ways)

Chris Hinton- Should have been given more Hall consideration, we could use a lineman like him right now. Not sure how we even acquired him think for some scrub draft pick maybe a QB ?

My first favorite was Goose! At the time I was only young, and am told I would chant for Goose even if the Colts weren't on TV. haha

When I got older, and started to learn football Johnny U easily took the spot. Everything I could read, or watch I have. He simply is the GOAT, Peyton will join him when it is all said and done.

EDIT: It won't let me import images, says "post too short." :dunno:

I was so mad when John Goodman got the part of Fred Flintstone instead of the Goose...At least the goose wouldn't have needed make up..

Siragusa-150x150.png

john-goodman-theflintstones-1.jpg

Big play Ray Buhcannon, He had swag before it was a word. He would hit you and pick the ball off. I'm sorry I have to name two. Eugene Daniels, He would lay the wood, and pick it off. Go Colts. For some of you new Colts follower you do not know the two players I'm speaking of.

Pre-Indy: Mike Curtis, Bubba Smith, Art Donovan, Johnny Unitas, John Mackey, Ted Hendricks and Jim O'Brien (his kick beat the Cowboys in the SB 5 which makes him an all-time great in my book!)

Indy: Jim Harbaugh, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Gary Brackett, Ken Dilger, Tony Siragusa, Jeff Saturday, Eric Dickerson (will never forget the night I found out he joined the Colts), Rob Morris (I have a #94 jersey),

Pre-Indy: Mike Curtis, Bubba Smith, Art Donovan, Johnny Unitas, John Mackey, Ted Hendricks and Jim O'Brien (his kick beat the Cowboys in the SB 5 which makes him an all-time great in my book!)

Indy: Jim Harbaugh, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Gary Brackett, Ken Dilger, Tony Siragusa, Jeff Saturday, Eric Dickerson (will never forget the night I found out he joined the Colts), Rob Morris (I have a #94 jersey),

Barry those are some great ones there. Go Colts.

i didn't even care about football until the colts came to town, so that weighs heavily on my answer

jim harbaugh. after ten plus years of watching ho-hum qb play, jim was electrifying with his tarkentonesk play making ability. for the first time in my fandom, i was priveledged to see great qb play for MY team. i will always be a fan of the man

it's ironic he was brought in intended to be a back up to what's his name i don't remember statue in the pocket from tampa bay who had lit us up the season prior

Past: Bert Jones.....injuries kept him from being one of the best ever (Throwing to Roger Carr...handing off to Lydell Mitchell and Joe Washington (Mr. All Purpose)...btw...I still think he was one of the best I have seen.......

Manning Era: Marvin and Reggie

Present: Reggie (continued :)) and Mathis

Future: TBD: I will simply call him the New ERA Monster. :coltslogo: :colts:

Past: Bert Jones.....injuries kept him from being one of the best ever (Throwing to Roger Carr...handing off to Lydell Mitchell and Joe Washington (Mr. All Purpose)...btw...I still think he was one of the best I have seen.......

Manning Era: Marvin and Reggie

Present: Reggie (continued :)) and Mathis

Future: TBD: I will simply call him the New ERA Monster. :coltslogo: :colts:

Bert Jones & Lydell Mitchell were the %!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Edgerrin James.

I would say Bob Sanders. Bob truly went 100% on every play. You can't knock the guy's heart, but unfortunately he hardly ever played because if it. He was fun as heck to watch when he was out there and a true difference maker on our god awful defense.

Freeney is the only other guy on defense we've had during the past decade and change who was/is of more importance than Sanders.