Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Defense vs the Vikings Offense

StewieG

Who do you think has the advantage here in this match up?

I really expect our defense to play better because the Vikings offense isn't really anything that special (outside of Peterson of course)

I think our defense will look better (especially if Freeney is back)

it comes down to if we can stop their wrs because everyone and their moms know ap is getting 100 yards and 2 tds. but if they kill us on the ground and through the air like the bears then we dont stand a chance. i do expect us to get to ponder early and often and if we can do that we'll be ok and hopefully come out with a W

We need to have Ponder 'make' the throws... bring that extra man in the box and it's one of those things where if he beats us with his arm so be it.. and we can't get lazy rushing him, gotta be very disciplined because he can boogy and if he gets outside the pocket we're screwed.. and we know they are probably gonna be testing us with some reverses and such with harvin

it comes down to if we can stop their wrs because everyone and their moms know ap is getting 100 yards and 2 tds. but if they kill us on the ground and through the air like the bears then we dont stand a chance. i do expect us to get to ponder early and often and if we can do that we'll be ok and hopefully come out with a W

Im not so sure about that one, the colts can actually focus on peterson and not to mention he's coming back from his injury. I expect this to be a defensive game. i actually would be surprised if AP got 100yds because they dont have a real threat at WR and have a young QB playing.

The Vikings do have some playmakers. I want to see us stay aggressive in our play-calling. Don't stop the blitzes. Give the guys as much experience as possible with the new playbook/defensive system so they can work out all the kinks now. Then next year, they are used to it and know what to do in every situation.

Im not so sure about that one, the colts can actually focus on peterson and not to mention he's coming back from his injury. I expect this to be a defensive game. i actually would be surprised if AP got 100yds because they dont have a real threat at WR and have a young QB playing.

[

did you not watch him on sunday? hes fine and if we couldnt stop forte we're not stopping peterson even if he isnt 100%

I pretty much agree. And we also will have to make sure Harvin doesn't have any big plays.

I think Harvin must be watched, but there are so many ways of shutting down Harvin. You jam him on the line (his weakness), and have safety help over the top. That's the gameplan to beat him and players like him.

The difference is, if AP has a huge game, the Colts will lose. If Harvin has a huge game, the Colts can still definitely win.

If u get technical Petersons nickname is AD for All Day as it was given him his R yr. AD got me 20 pts last week but I'm hoping u guys beat the Vikes Packers beat the bears & lions lose. Then we're all 1-1

People say AP because it's his initials and they don't want to look up how to spell his first name and they get tired of saying Peterson over and over not because they think it's his nick name.

[

did you not watch him on sunday? hes fine and if we couldnt stop forte we're not stopping peterson even if he isnt 100%

i did watch the game and forte only gained 80yds on the ground... the colts can stop peterson.. stack 8 in the box and let ponder earn those yards... simple.

i did watch the game and forte only gained 80yds on the ground... the colts can stop peterson.. stack 8 in the box and let ponder earn those yards... simple.

I would agree with that. All and all I thought Forte had some nice runs but the run defense wasn't as bad as it has been in years past. Yes it still has some work to do but I thought the run defense did a pretty good job. With that said they didn't need have to run the ball as much with Cutler picking us apart threw the air.

I would agree with that. All and all I thought Forte had some nice runs but the run defense wasn't as bad as it has been in years past. Yes it still has some work to do but I thought the run defense did a pretty good job. With that said they didn't need have to run the ball as much with Cutler picking us apart threw the air.

If it wasnt for marshall i think the colts would have had a much better success stopping forte and bush, as for the vikings? unless harvin starts lighting it up i dont expect AP to be busting home runs... but then again we are talking about AP so anythings possible.

you think we're the first team that stacked the box on peterson seriously. its not the simple and if it was every team would be able to stop peterson

If u get technical Petersons nickname is AD for All Day as it was given him his R yr. AD got me 20 pts last week but I'm hoping u guys beat the Vikes Packers beat the bears & lions lose. Then we're all 1-1

If we're going to be technical, All Day was a nickname given to him by his dad before he even hit puberty let alone a rookie in the NFL

Just judge from the overall play against the bears and not on their potential, I think the Vikings offense has the edge in this one from a readiness standpoint. But I think we'll have better pressure than last game, and smell an interception or two. I think our best chances of winning this one lies in the hands of Luck, and if he can put up the points. I expect it to be loud at LOS this Sunday (I know I'll be :D), and the D to be pumped up.