Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

State of the Franchise - Indianapolis Colts - NFL.com

sb41champs

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

Interesting read. I wonder what the NFL league that thinks Reich was wrongfully fired will think IF he flames out in Carolina as well…

If he flames out they will act like they never said it. They will turn on him during next season and say he is doing the same thing he did in Indy. If they aren’t hovering near .500 or winning by mid season there will be blood in the water and it will start to pile on quickly. 

31 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

If he flames out they will act like they never said it. They will turn on him during next season and say he is doing the same thing he did in Indy. If they aren’t hovering near .500 or winning by mid season there will be blood in the water and it will start to pile on quickly. 

Carolina will win the division 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

Interesting read. I wonder what the NFL league that thinks Reich was wrongfully fired will think IF he flames out in Carolina as well…

They won't flame out if Bryce Young is at least above average. In that division they will finish over .500, probably 9-8 or so. The coach is only as good as his QB. Ask Bill Belichick. When Frank had Luck he went 10-6 and won a playoff game, when he had Rivers he went 11-5. When he had QB's that were bad, he could only do so much. Was Reich a good coach, I would say no but he was above average and not as bad as some make him out to be.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They won't flame out if Bryce Young is at least above average. In that division they will finish over .500, probably 9-8 or so. The coach is only as good as his QB. Ask Bill Belichick. When Frank had Luck he went 10-6 and won a playoff game, when he had Rivers he went 11-5. When he had QB's that were bad, he could only do so much. Was Reich a good coach, I would say no but he was above average and not as bad as some make him out to be.

Frank had the rep of a 'QB whisper' but I never understood that. As you point out his record was OK with very good QBs he inherited and not good without good QBs. A real good 'QB whisper' develops QBs and Frank did not. Not to mention below average game planning and play calling.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That’s what I keep seeing predicted but they have a rookie QB and traded away their top receiver.  I’m thinking the saints with Derek Carr and their slightly above average defense will win it. 

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Got a rookie QB so I am not confident of that but they have a pretty good team.  If the little guy can play NFL competent starter level ball pretty quickly they should win that division.  If he’s good out of the gate they could contend with especially in the NFC.

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Carr is fragile and needs to suck it and move one

Fragile?   Derek Carr?   Formerly of the Raiders?      Huh?

In his 9 years, all as a starting Quarterback, Carr has missed a grand total of four games.   Just four.   And two came at the end of this last season, when he was benched the last two games in a contract dispute.  

So, no, Derek Carr is not brittle.   In fact, he’s the exact opposite of that.  Perhaps you got him confused with his older brother David Carr?   He was drafted first overall a long time ago by Cleveland when the Browns were especially bad.  And poor David was the most sacked quarterback in the NFL for a number of years.  Got the heck beat out of him.    He was often injured, but even he wasn’t viewed as brittle.  He was viewed as used and abused by a badly run franchise.  

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

In his 9 years, all as a starting Quarterback, Carr has missed a grand total of four games.   Just four.   And two came at the end of this last season, when he was benched the last two games in a contract dispute.  

So, no, Derek Carr is not brittle.   In fact, he’s the exact opposite of that.  Perhaps you got him confused with his older brother David Carr?   He was drafted first overall a long time ago by Cleveland when the Browns were especially bad.  And poor David was the most sacked quarterback in the NFL for a number of years.  Got the heck beat out of him.    He was often injured, but even he wasn’t viewed as brittle.  He was viewed as used and abused by a badly run franchise.  

David played for the Texans.    

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Tell us you don’t know what you’re talking about without telling us you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Well, his comical post got 3 (goosed by the Moose) apparently bored board stallworts some cognitive gymnastics, with at least one factoid some might choose to make a mental note of.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh? David Carr was the Browns #1 pick?????:facepalm:

On 7/7/2023 at 11:21 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Emotionally he is fragile. He is check down Charly. Gruden wanted him to be more aggressive, and it irritated him that he would take the check down

Tough call.   The Colts haven't won their division since 2014.  A poor division at that.  So that would tell many that the state is poor, but they have a high first round drafted QB with lots of potential.  If he show promise, the state could be good. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He is not aggressive and that drove Grueen crazy. Heard him whiing in the media lately????

Can you think of any QB who wouldn't be upset about being benched?  I certainly wouldn't want a QB who was fine with it

On 7/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

frank was the scapegoat for ballards poor roster. the colts will look silly when carolina does great.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Can you think of any QB who wouldn't be upset about being benched?  I certainly wouldn't want a QB who was fine with it

Its his whining in the media lately. Did you see one player come out in the media after him being benched? Any subtle signs of support from his players at that time? It was crickets from his team mates at that time. They watch the film. They see his reluctance week in and week out taking the check down and not willing to drive the ball down the field. He's a glorified Kurt Cousins

On 7/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, OLD FAN MAN said:

frank was the scapegoat for ballards poor roster. the colts will look silly when carolina does great.

If Old Fan Man is going to keep posting on this site, not being a fan, at least he could change is account name to Curmudgeon.

"You'll know a curmudgeon when you see one: He'll be ill-tempered and miserly, eager to shake his fist and spout disagreeable opinions. Definitions of curmudgeon. a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas." - vocabulary.com

1 hour ago, CoachLite said:

If Old Fan Man is going to keep posting on this site, not being a fan, at least he could change is account name to Curmudgeon.

"You'll know a curmudgeon when you see one: He'll be ill-tempered and miserly, eager to shake his fist and spout disagreeable opinions. Definitions of curmudgeon. a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas." - vocabulary.com

I feel curmudgeon is a word that is vastly under used.  I agree with you.   

• Like 1