Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts' Undrafted Free Agents Thread

Andy

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well they wont be able to keep all the NT's. a few of them are bound to shake free, get cut, or put on practice squads. we dont run a straight 3-4 so I think our Line will be fine. Chapman is going to be a BEAST!! On paper, best d-line I remember us having. then we can sprinkle in mathis and freeney coming from god knows where its going to be a sick season!! IM STOKED!!

Iam still for dropping Freeney,but if we have to keep him hope he picks up OLB position nicely.Pags should have all kinds of schemes and blitz packages ready.Wow i used blitz about the Colts.Just wish Freeney deal was done so we could move on,between now and season opener so many people will be available.IMO I'd rather sign a project OLB to his position then use 14 mill on a gamble.Get some rookie some playing time.

that was my fault for being unclear...I meant in regards to the draft and the UDFA's they've been going after so far. Still, even including them that's 3 players. I like the addition of both guys but Redding is a 31 year old stop gap and McKinney so far is a career backup. Now I like the fact we brought both of those guys in, but we had 10 draft picks plus a slew of talented players that went undrafted. Considering that, I would have really liked to have seen more than just Chapman brought in to try to bolster the front 7.

We just had too many holes to fill in one draft. But I like what they have done for Luck. The best way to jumpstart a franchise quarterbacks career is to get him a lot of highly talented weapons right away and let them jell. I'm happy enough with the FA moves and the Chapman addition for the D this year. A gem of a UDFA would be nice. I think we get mid round selection next year, and will be D biased.

Dang, who would want to go to DC? They have terrible unis and are in a city not known for football, and have a history of losing. JMO

You're kidding, right? You were born in the 90s, huh? Or haven't been to DC or RFK or FedEX, huh? Or in any city from South Carolina to southern PA. DC not known for football? Until the Panthers showed up, the Redsking owned the entire southeastern coast. And I'd bet NC is split still. History of losing? Mutliple SB titles, only four teams have been in more SBs, in 2011 Forbes ranked the Redskins the second most valuable team in the NFL. Oh, and they think they just did the same thing as the Colts - get their franchise QB for the next 15 years. UVA is just over an hour from DC. It's Redskins country. It would be like the Colts signing kids from any of the local schools in Indiana.

Seeing all the UDFA's we have missed out on ... Fangupo, Nix, Leonard Johnson, Nick Jean-Baptiste, etc .... makes me hate our last pick even more. What a wasted pick!

Agreed. I feel the same way about the Brazil pick and I think the RB pick was a reach.

We just had too many holes to fill in one draft. But I like what they have done for Luck. The best way to jumpstart a franchise quarterbacks career is to get him a lot of highly talented weapons right away and let them jell. I'm happy enough with the FA moves and the Chapman addition for the D this year. A gem of a UDFA would be nice. I think we get mid round selection next year, and will be D biased.

I understand that we had too many holes to fill in one draft. I also understand that it's important to surround a young QB with weapons. However we already had some weapons for Luck in Brown, Carter, Evans, Wayne, Collie, Avery plus a few question mark guys in Cosby, Fayson, Kyle Miller, and Jeremy Ross. IMO, the Justin Anderson, Chandler Harnish and Brazil picks should have been on defense.

You're kidding, right? You were born in the 90s, huh? Or haven't been to DC or RFK or FedEX, huh? Or in any city from South Carolina to southern PA. DC not known for football? Until the Panthers showed up, the Redsking owned the entire southeastern coast. And I'd bet NC is split still. History of losing? Mutliple SB titles, only four teams have been in more SBs, in 2011 Forbes ranked the Redskins the second most valuable team in the NFL. Oh, and they think they just did the same thing as the Colts - get their franchise QB for the next 15 years. UVA is just over an hour from DC. It's Redskins country. It would be like the Colts signing kids from any of the local schools in Indiana.

Nope, and ive been there.. You can't honestly think when people think of DC they think football? They think of Obama and the Whitehouse and all that jazz. I did word the losing part wrong, they have been a great team before, but have sucked for a long time since. Until their * owner sells or dies, they will keep blowing a LOT of money on people like Randle El and Garçon. And DC is like, what, 3 or 4 hours away from the UVA campus? I'll bet the Panthers HQ isn't too much further, and I'd rather be a panthers fan, that's for sure. No disrespect, JMO.

Seeing all the UDFA's we have missed out on ... Fangupo, Nix, Leonard Johnson, Nick Jean-Baptiste, etc .... makes me hate our last pick even more. What a wasted pick!

That may turn out to be the case, but look at our roster. We're an UDFA's dream. Many spots on our team are WIDE OPEN as we're transitioning to a completely new scheme on both ends. There are few entrenched veterans. Anyone that signs with us will have their fair chance at earning a roster spot as opposed to simply being a camp body. Costs for UDFA's are effectively fixed as well.

If we're losing out on UDFA's, I'm tempted to think that there's a decent chance we're not pursuing them, at least not fully.

LB Chris Galippo, USC (Confirmed)

WR Griff Whalen, Stanford (Confirmed by Stanford people)

CB Micah Pellerin, Hampton (Confirmed)

WR Jabin Sambrano, Montana (Confirmed)

CB Antonio Fenelus, Wisconsin (Confirmed by Wisc. insiders, plus... INTERVIEW)

CB Cameron Chism, Maryland (Confirmed)

OG Jason Foster, Rhode Island (Confirmed)

P Brian Stahovich, San Diego State (Confirmed)

DB Buddy Jackson, Pittsburgh (Confirmed by Pitt. insiders)

S Matt Merletti, North Carolina (Per former high school contacts)

OL Hayworth Hicks, Iowa State (Confirmed)

OL Steven Baker, East Carolina (Confirmed)

DE Kevin Eagan, Endicott (Confirmed by teammate)

DT James Aiono, Utah (Tweeted by Agent)

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2012-archives/april/colts-udfas-2012.html

http://www.coltsauth...udfas-2012.html

Thanks again!

Well I know Brian is blessed and thankful for this opportunity. I know he will make the best of it and prove himself, if not to the colts, then to somebody that needs him. Its great that the colts are giving him this shot.

Thanks for coming to the Colts site and telling us. He will be able to get plenty of reps to show his skills. Plenty of eyes will be on our Colts.....he came to a good place to showcase his talents.

As someone earlier said, Adam V is not forever as a kicker, and I know McAfee (our punter) can kick 70 yrd field goals.

Also if he continues to try to be an all star tackler and swim in the downtown canal, he is going to get hurt. Tell Brian to come in, learn...and the best of luck to him here...anywhere.

Obviously undrafted free agents prefer to sign with teams that have a SB shot and not a team where they have a chance to make the roster. Besides a few of the players listed that is a pretty sad list. Heck we couldn't even get Chris Owusu and he played with our starting QB and TE. He could have had a two month advantage on the other receivers on our roster, worked with a OC who loves fast recievers (marvin harrison, mike wallace), and been on team with a medical staff that helped Collie recover from the same concussion problem that he has.

I do feel we could have made a better selection with the Chandler Harnish pick especially since he will most likely not make the roster. The only thing making me not completely hate the pick is that he attended high school just down the road from me.

Yess, we Got Galippo.

THat dude was not given a chance to be as awesome as he is. Lane Kiffen can be a little off.

and Ogeron, I dont' know what his problem was.

We moved a Safety to OLB and if Gallipo was still there we could have beat stanford.

Gallipo just needs somebody to give him a chance. I know given a 2nd chance to start or play in the NFL he is going to show out.

We all know that having all this competition isnt actually a great thing right? it says we dont have alot of great starters or true number 1's, just thought I would point that out, I mean do you see anyone fighting for Ray Lewis's spot? or Patrick Willis's spot or Ed Reed? no because they are the clear cut starters, I mean this competition is good dont get me wrong but it just says we dont have an established starter on many of those positions

He looks like a boss. This past year he had 104 total tackles, 23 for a loss, 8.5 sacks, 3 FF, 3FR, and 3 int, 2 of them in the same game, as a DE!

http://www.ecgulls.c...aspx?rp_id=5412

now translate his divison 3 stats to the NFL and then we will have something special until then, great stats and the kid sounds awesome but its all hype at this point, I read it, I was impressed

Nope, and ive been there.. You can't honestly think when people think of DC they think football? They think of Obama and the Whitehouse and all that jazz. I did word the losing part wrong, they have been a great team before, but have sucked for a long time since. Until their * owner sells or dies, they will keep blowing a LOT of money on people like Randle El and Garçon. And DC is like, what, 3 or 4 hours away from the UVA campus? I'll bet the Panthers HQ isn't too much further, and I'd rather be a panthers fan, that's for sure. No disrespect, JMO.

They have arguably the worst owner in sports, and I can't imagine that anyone would want to play for HIM. But you are making a mistake to condemn the fans and the region. They are the victims, not the cause. Ask the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys about the Redskins. You are talking long-time franchises and rivalries that are far more intense and relevant than anything that the Panthers (or Colts for that matter) are involved with. It's a terrific area for football, and if Griffin is the real deal they will just explode upon the national scene once again.

Obviously undrafted free agents prefer to sign with teams that have a SB shot and not a team where they have a chance to make the roster.

I don't think I could possibly disagree more.

What good is being on a SB contending team all summer if you get cut before the season starts?

http://www.coltsauth...udfas-2012.html

remember, most of these players won't even make the team.

Several things come to mind when I think about the Washington Redskins. One is that of Sammy Baugh. "Slingin'" Sammy Baugh accomplished something that will most likely never be repeated.

The same year he lead the league in TD passes, he lead the league in interceptions. Not ones he threw but ones he picked. He played on both sides of the ball.

For years, college QB's were looked at as favorable talent for the Safety position.

It's not that far of a stretch that a 6'2" 220 QB with a high degree of athleticism could make for a good safety given the skill of tackling.

That came to mind when they took Mr. Irrelevant.

here is our current Defensive squad:

DL:

Josh Chapman-R

Mookie Johnson

Ricardo Matthews

Brandon McKinney

Fili Moala

Drake Nevis

Ollie Ogbu

Cory Redding

LBs

Mario Addison

Pat Angerer

Kavell Conner

A.J. Edds

Jerrell Freeman

Dwight Freeney

Tim Fugger-R

Mario Harvey

Justin Hickman

Jerry Hughes

Scott Lutrus

Robert Mathis

Brandon Peguese

DBs

Antoine Bethea

David Caldwell

Jermale Hines

Mike Holmes

Terreance Johnson

Brandon King

Joe Lefeged

Mike Newton

Jerraud Powers

Chris L. Rucker

Kevin Thomas

Tom Zbikowski

our Rookie FAs have enough if not more experience in the current D then some of these guys.

Consider that a lot of our LB and DB core are extremely young former UDFA's or first year player this group has a shot.

Agree mainly the people we drafted was for 4-3 DEF with whole new staff Pags could easily replace pieces Polian put into play.We must remember new team new direction.Even at the O- line Iam curious as too who will start.McGlynn also can play C wondering if thats why we signed him.Iam more curious about O-Line then Iam about D-Line Pags will take care of it.

DL:

Josh Chapman-R

Mookie Johnson

Ricardo Matthews

Brandon McKinney

Fili Moala

Drake Nevis

Ollie Ogbu

Cory Redding

LBs

Mario Addison

Pat Angerer

Kavell Conner

A.J. Edds

Jerrell Freeman

Tim Fugger-R

Mario Harvey

Justin Hickman

Jerry Hughes

Scott Lutrus

Robert Mathis

Brandon Peguese

DBs

Antoine Bethea

David Caldwell

Jermale Hines

Mike Holmes

Terreance Johnson

Brandon King

Joe Lefeged

Mike Newton

Jerraud Powers

Chris L. Rucker

Kevin Thomas

Tom Zbikowski

our Rookie FAs have enough if not more experience in the current D then some of these guys.

I Agree I do not think any of their jobs are safe we will have to wait and see.Minus favorite few.

DL:

Josh Chapman-R

Mookie Johnson

Ricardo Matthews

Brandon McKinney

Fili Moala

Drake Nevis

Ollie Ogbu

Cory Redding

LBs

Mario Addison

Pat Angerer

Kavell Conner

A.J. Edds

Jerrell Freeman

Tim Fugger-R

Mario Harvey

Justin Hickman

Jerry Hughes

Scott Lutrus

Robert Mathis

Brandon Peguese

DBs

Antoine Bethea

David Caldwell

Jermale Hines

Mike Holmes

Terreance Johnson

Brandon King

Joe Lefeged

Mike Newton

Jerraud Powers

Chris L. Rucker

Kevin Thomas

Tom Zbikowski

you forgot our 14 million dollar experimental linebacker

Several things come to mind when I think about the Washington Redskins. One is that of Sammy Baugh. "Slingin'" Sammy Baugh accomplished something that will most likely never be repeated.

The same year he lead the league in TD passes, he lead the league in interceptions. Not ones he threw but ones he picked. He played on both sides of the ball.

For years, college QB's were looked at as favorable talent for the Safety position.

It's not that far of a stretch that a 6'2" 220 QB with a high degree of athleticism could make for a good safety given the skill of tackling.

That came to mind when they took Mr. Irrelevant.

Yeah, "most likely never to be repeated" is a fairly safe statement. :)

I do remember the days when it was common for QBs to be drafted for defense, and was wondering if Harnish was drafted with that in mind after seeing him classified as "QB-safety" in a draft guide. It's not like backup QB is really a crying need at this point. I frankly don't see the point of investing a draft pick on one after giving up a sixth round pick to get a more established backup (who started out as second round pick and presumably has significantly more talent).

Yeah, "most likely never to be repeated" is a fairly safe statement. :)

I do remember the days when it was common for QBs to be drafted for defense, and was wondering if Harnish was drafted with that in mind after seeing him classified as "QB-safety" in a draft guide. It's not like backup QB is really a crying need at this point. I frankly don't see the point of investing a draft pick on one after giving up a sixth round pick to get a more established backup (who started out as second round pick and presumably has significantly more talent).

Remember Sammy Baugh was a heck of a Punter for the Redskins

I'd like to see us go after Jeffery Demps from Florida. He's a small speed back/returner who runs a 9.9 flat. I'd also like to see us go after FSU's running back Jermaine Thomas. He has skills as both a running and a receiver.

I think I heard Demps was concentrating on T&F and a trip to London