Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts' Undrafted Free Agents Thread

Andy

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we didn't sign Nix..... Chad72 just posted ANOTHER post where he lists his hopefuls..... I think this thread is for confirmed signings...... of which his list is not. there are already several wishlist threads, can we keep this as a confirmed signing only thread? I like the Galippo Signing..... decent 3-4 LB if I am not mistaken

Oh dang. I liked Nix, was hoping we would draft/sign him. Oh well. Raiders got a good one.

LB Chris Galippo, USC (Confirmed)

WR Griff Whalen, Stanford (Confirmed by Stanford people)

CB Micah Pellerin, Hampton (Confirmed)

WR Jabin Sambrano, Montana (Confirmed)

CB Antonio Fenelus, Wisconsin (Spread by friends/teammates, not confirmed yet)

CB Cameron Chism, Maryland (Confirmed)

OG Jason Foster, Rhode Island (Confirmed)

P Brian Stahovich, San Diego State (Confirmed)

DB Buddy Jackson, Pittsburgh (Confirmed by Pitt. insiders)

S Matt Merletti, North Carolina (Spread by UNC people, not confirmed yet)

OL Hayworth Hicks, Iowa State (Confirmed)

OL Steven Baker, East Carolina (Confirmed)

DE Kevin Eagan, Endicott (Confirmed by teammate)

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2012-archives/april/colts-udfas-2012.html

http://www.coltsauth...udfas-2012.html

Thanks a lot!

When is training camp again? Next week? lol I don't think I can wait.

Im with you! Im ready for the season to start! I could see a lot of these guys making the team!

Just seen Kellen Moore is likely to be picked up by the Lions .... with Stafford injury prone, he just might get a chance there. 50-3 as a starter - boy lot of teams missed out on a good one IMO!

http://www.coltsauth...udfas-2012.html

I am out of likes today. But just wanted to say thank you for the list. Glad to hear that they are burning up the phones tonight and getting some of these kids that were not drafted that could help us. I love the whole new Colts from the very top and all from the bottom.

someone said something about leonard johnson, cb out of iowa state..

can anyone confirm???

if true, great pick up. Iowa state had solid defense, tops in the big 12 and he was defensive captain.

either was 1st team or 2nd team all big 12

shut down solid receivers like broyles, blackmon, and others

He signed with the Bucs.

Im with you! Im ready for the season to start! I could see a lot of these guys making the team!

Just seen Kellen Moore is likely to be picked up by the Lions .... with Stafford injury prone, he just might get a chance there. 50-3 as a starter - boy lot of teams missed out on a good one IMO!

Shaun Hill is the backup there, not Moore.

Ravens appear to have gotten both Nicolas Jean-Baptiste and Ishmaa’ily Kitchen. I guess what I've been most disappointed by is all the talk about how it starts in the trenches...we gotta get bigger and stronger...we gotta be able to stop the run. Now don't get me wrong, I love the addition of Chapman but they've done jack else to try to make these things happen. :dunno:

Ravens appear to have gotten both Nicolas Jean-Baptiste and Ishmaa’ily Kitchen. I guess what I've been most disappointed by is all the talk about how it starts in the trenches...we gotta get bigger and stronger...we gotta be able to stop the run. Now don't get me wrong, I love the addition of Chapman but they've done jack else to try to make these things happen. :dunno:

Cory Redding, brandon mckinney,...

You guys are getting a great punter with Brian Stahovich out of San Diego State. He has the leg and accuracy to make the team. I dont know too much about the Colt's punting situation, but I can see Brian being your guy.

Fat chance! Our guy now can kick the football over them mountains over yonder and he likes to get arrested swimming in the poo and drug needle infested canal downtown. Plus he's a tweetin' fool!

not true, we addressed much of this in free agency with the signing of Cory Redding and Brandon McKinney, and not to mention hard hitter Tom Zbikowski at safety.

Two names that stand out to me and can make a great impact for the Colts are USC Linebacker Chris Galippo and Hampton CB Micah Pellerin.

http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2010/8/30/1658102/devon-kennard-displaces-chris

There were some that have complained about Galippo's effectiveness at middle linebacker. Whether he was seen as too small, too slow or ineffective at tackling at times not everyone was happy with his performance there.

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/usc-trojans/2011/11/5/2540930/usc-trojans-football-linebacker-chris-galippo-benched-lamar-dawson-start-washington-huskies

Now, hopefully it was a scheme issue. USC was running a 3-4 when Galippo started playing there but the Kiffin's changed it to a tampa 2 style defense when they took over in 2010. Still, I'd have much rather had Jerry Franklin than Galippo.

not true, we addressed much of this in free agency with the signing of Cory Redding and Brandon McKinney, and not to mention hard hitter Tom Zbikowski at safety.

Exactly. Why don't Redding and McKinney count? They are both better than virtually every rookie defensive lineman in the draft, as of right now. Plus, we have players that fit in Pagano's front seven quite well. I've been saying for weeks that we're not as devoid of talent as we're made out to be. I would probably have taken another linebacker, but we really do have a lot of players. The fact that the coaches got a good look at these guys last week is encouraging to me, because while everyone thought we were going to come into the draft and take a bunch of defensive players (literally, I saw people post that we should draft luck and then spend the other nine players on defense, no matter what), they must have liked what they saw.

that was my fault for being unclear...I meant in regards to the draft and the UDFA's they've been going after so far. Still, even including them that's 3 players. I like the addition of both guys but Redding is a 31 year old stop gap and McKinney so far is a career backup. Now I like the fact we brought both of those guys in, but we had 10 draft picks plus a slew of talented players that went undrafted. Considering that, I would have really liked to have seen more than just Chapman brought in to try to bolster the front 7.

Was wanting Baptiste or Kitchen myself.Just cannot see Mookie as NT.

well they wont be able to keep all the NT's. a few of them are bound to shake free, get cut, or put on practice squads. we dont run a straight 3-4 so I think our Line will be fine. Chapman is going to be a BEAST!! On paper, best d-line I remember us having. then we can sprinkle in mathis and freeney coming from god knows where its going to be a sick season!! IM STOKED!!