Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sucking it up, update.... We are batting #3 (at least for the moment)

BlueShoe

With the loss to Buffalo today, we have moved up to #3 in the 2018 NFL Draft.

How we got here today (games of note):

Browns lost to Packers 21-27 in OT.

Bears Killed a Bengal 33-7.

Cowboys beat the brakes off the Giants 30-10. 

49ers smacked the Texans 26-16.

Broncos blanketed the Jets 23-0.

Colts have the #3 pick with 3 weeks to go. 

If we were to miraculously win-out, then we would finish with 6 wins (most we can get). This means the worst draft pick we can possibly be awarded is #14 overall. However, we are still in the running for the #1 overall pick. Although it might be tougher for Cleveland to win out than it would be for us to. 

This Thursday will be a key game with Denver. 

Week 15: Broncos

Week 16: At Ravens

Week 17: Texans

Updated Suck-The-Most Standings:

PICK TEAM WINS LOSSES GAMES WIN% SOS
Cleveland
0 13 13 0.000 0.527
NY Giants
2 11 13 0.154 0.515
Indianapolis
3 10 13 0.231 0.490
San Francisco
3 10 13 0.231 0.525
Denver
4 9 13 0.308 0.483
Houston - Cleveland
4 9 13 0.308 0.512
Chicago
4 9 13 0.308 0.551
Tampa Bay
4 9 13 0.308 0.558
Cincinnati
5 8 13 0.385 0.473
NY Jets
5 8 13 0.385 0.522
Washington
5 8 13 0.385 0.525
Miami
5 7 12 0.417 0.551
Arizona
6 7 13 0.462 0.485
Oakland
6 7 13 0.462 0.500

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Colts have the tie breaker over the 9ers so they're 4th I believe.

2 minutes ago, Jaredfor3 said:

How are the Colts at three when they defeated the 49ers? 

Because head-to-head does not matter. 

It is all about the strength of schedule. 

1 minute ago, Everyone said:

Colts have the tie breaker over the 9ers so they're 4th I believe.

The Colts are at 3. The Tie Breaker is strength of schedule. 49er's is better than Colts , so that means we pick ahead in the event of a tie

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yep, head to head does not matter. Learned that last year when we had to coin flip with Philly even though they had Minnesota's pick and we crushed The Vikings.

We had the same strength of schedule as Philly last year. Hence the coin flip

Just now, dw49 said:

We had the same strength of schedule as Philly last year. Hence the coin flip

Right, thats what i was saying. Its not head to head, SoS is the first tie break and if thats a tie its a coin flip. If it were head to head like I thought before that, Philly (via Minnesota) would have had it outright.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Right, thats what i was saying. Its not head to head, SoS is the first tie break and if thats a tie its a coin flip. If it were head to head like I thought before that, Philly (via Minnesota) would have had it outright.

As I read it again , I comprende what you said.

43 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Because head-to-head does not matter.

It is all about the strength of schedule.

Hmmm.......I just assumed that the tie breakers for draft position would be the same as the tie breakers for playoff seeding.  Kind of strange that they are different.

3 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

If I'm sitting at #3 hopefully we can find someone to strike a trade with. If not, do we dare take Barkley?

It's not a given yet that Darold is coming out. Likely he would as he would no doubt go 1 or 2 but we saw Luck stay at Stanford under similar circumstances .

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i guess that colts broncos game will be big

they need a QB it will be interesting to see how badly they want to win a meaningless game 

Odds are Colts will also need a qb, too. Poor Luck. Getting stuck on a team with the worst oline and coaching staff in Colts history. He could have been the next Manning or Unitas but will instead be remembered as the next Bert Jones.

3 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Odds are Colts will also need a qb, too. Poor Luck. Getting stuck on a team with the worst oline and coaching staff in Colts history. He could have been the next Manning or Unitas but will instead be remembered as the next Bert Jones.

"Poor Luck" lmao Lets wait until he's officially retired before you write him off. My God I am tired of this Site at this point. Do people even think before they Post?? Odds are you are a Troll! Whoopy we are 3-10 and don't have our best player, wow that is shocking isn't it = no it isn't. Once Luck was announced being out for the year I said we would go 5-11. Why would anyone think otherwise is funny to me. Why anyone would think Luck's career is over is even more funny. 2018 cant get here quick enough.

40 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Hmmm.......I just assumed that the tie breakers for draft position would be the same as the tie breakers for playoff seeding.  Kind of strange that they are different.

Not really when we think about it. 

One game only tells the story of a team at a specific moment in time, and has a built-in home field advantage (unless the teams are in the same division and play twice). Using the strength of schedule tells a story about a team throughout the entire season. 

56 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm concerned that the Colts might beat the Broncos.  That sounds crazy.  lol

I'm thinking the Colts ,especially on a short week, will still be sore and tired at kickoff on Thursday.  Imagine how much more energy you use and the toil on muscles running in that much snow.  Have you ever run around at the beach on soft sand?  Remember how all the muscles were sore from the instability?  I bet there are some strains too from the awkward footing and stop/starting.  Its hard on the knees.

you see snow games on occasion, but rarely close to a foot like today. It was well above their ankles.  The "troughs" formed from clearing snow at the lines was quite comical too.

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Broncos are up 23-0 with 11:33 to play. 

McCown is out of the game with a hand injury too. 

They should win this game, and that would give us the 3rd overall pick, with 3 weeks to go. 

Looking good for that #3.

They'll be drained for the Thursday game. Half will probably have the flu after 4 hrs in the snow..lol.

That's a sad lol btw.

Can't wait till free agency and the draft.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Looking good for that #3.

They'll be drained for the Thursday game. Half will probably have the flu after 4 hrs in the snow..lol.

That's a sad lol btw.

Can't wait till free agency and the draft.

Yeah. This is falling our way to get a very high draft pick. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. This is falling our way to get a very high draft pick. 

Only scary one is week 17. They'll be inspired to play. Chuck loves rallying in the finale..lol

36 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Not really when we think about it.

One game only tells the story of a team at a specific moment in time, and has a built-in home field advantage (unless the teams are in the same division and play twice). Using the strength of schedule tells a story about a team throughout the entire season.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, just that you would think the tie breakers would be the same.  By this logic, why is strength of schedule one of the last tie breakers for playoff seeding?