Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i wonder why

OLD FAN MAN

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

This team could easily have a much higher record. Mental mistakes and stupid plays have killed us. 

We’re better than our record. 

We're single handedly the reason Blake Bortles still has a career. Bad players and bad coaching have killed us. We could just as easily be 0-12. We are what our record says, which is terrible.

20 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No we actually are not 

You clearly didn’t read my post. 

How many games have we lost because the team falls apart in the 4th quarter? We’ve had several opportunities to win games, including Pittsburgh, but we lack the ability to finish.

We ARE better than our record. It doesn’t matter how good you play early on if you don’t maintain that in the 4th quarter. 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

You clearly didn’t read my post. 

How many games have we lost because the team falls apart in the 4th quarter? We’ve had several opportunities to win games, including Pittsburgh, but we lack the ability to finish.

We ARE better than our record. It doesn’t matter how good you play early on if you don’t maintain that in the 4th quarter. 

As another poster said we are lucky we are not winless our team is as bad as our record hell we got lucky we even won the 1st Texans game 

40 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i wonder why contending teams  dont rest their starters against the colts? we are like playing against most teams third stringers.  do  we scare teams that much that they would risk their stars getting hurt against us? are we better than our record? 

Because you can't. Against NFL rules-

4 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

There is NO rule that says you can't rest your starters or play whoever you want. It happens all the time. Case in point, Polian pulling the starters when we were 14-0..... rested them the last game and a half and we ended up 14-2....

4 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

Just now, csmopar said:

There is NO rule that says you can't rest your starters or play whoever you want. It happens all the time. Case in point, Polian pulling the starters when we were 14-0..... rested them the last game and a half and we ended up 14-2....

5 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

we have done it before, unless the nfl just made that rule

48 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i wonder why contending teams  dont rest their starters against the colts? we are like playing against most teams third stringers.  do  we scare teams that much that they would risk their stars getting hurt against us? are we better than our record? 

Because no team is going to take that chance when they need to win the game.  As bad as the Colts are, they are still capable of winning games if the other team gives them the opportunity to do so.  Are they as bad as their record?  Yes they are, but they are still an NFL team that is capable of beating other NFL teams if they don't come to play.

22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Was at that game:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

We are better than our record shows. I shouldn’t even need to explain why. 

You can try but we are that bad why it's so hard for some of you to realize this is crazy this team could easily have 0 freaking wins yet we are better than our record lmao ok 

12 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

We are better than our record shows. I shouldn’t even need to explain why. 

Respectfully, I would like for you to explain how we are better than our record.

I’ll state a case for why we are not. We beat a winless Browns team, and a winless (at the time) Niners team, barely, both times. We won a game against the Texans who just lost their starting QB, Watson, and started Savage. 

In the games we’ve lost, we haven’t done anything in the second halves to warrant a win even remotely.

Just now, Flash7 said:

Respectfully, I would like for you to explain how we are better than our record.

I’ll state a case for why we are not. We beat a winless Browns team, and a winless (at the time) Niners team, barely, both times. We won a game against the Texans who just lost Watson, and started Savage. 

In the games we’ve lost, we haven’t done anything in the second halves to warrant a win even remotely.

It's not rocket science haha yet some try to make it that complex 

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Because by rule you must field a competitive team. You can get away with resting "SOME" starters the last game with playoff spot locked up and that is for players with light injuries resting (you can milk that situation).

This is week 12. 

Not fielding a completive team is subject to big fines and even loss of draft picks.

Last but least players are competitive in all sports. Imagine pulling them all out week 12.

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

This team could easily have a much higher record. Mental mistakes and stupid plays have killed us. 

To quite legendary coach Parcells, "You are what you're record says you are.". There's no, "Well, we are better (or worse) than our record." Parcells was spot on, and it drives me nuts when people say we are better than our record.  We are not.  If we were better than our record, our record wouldn't be what it is today.  

1 hour ago, -JJ- said:

Because by rule you must field a competitive team. You can get away with resting "SOME" starters the last game with playoff spot locked up and that is for players with light injuries resting (you can milk that situation).

This is week 12. 

Not fielding a completive team is subject to big fines and even loss of draft picks.

Last but least players are competitive in all sports. Imagine pulling them all out week 12.

No team has EVER been fined for playing their second and third string teams. EVER

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No team has EVER been fined for playing their second and third string teams. EVER

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i concur, it is not listed in the nfl rulebook  perhaps jj is mistaken

While there were several games that the Colts could have and should have won (that darned Fourth Quarter), I wouldn't call them even an average team.  The Colts were called a "dumpster fire" by the talking heads (not the group-the "analysts" on the television) during the preseason.   I would have to agree for this year. 

Coaching, at all levels, seems chaotic and unprepared.  Playcalling is difficult on the Offense and Brissett hangs onto the ball too long anyway.   O-line is non-existent, so we lead the league in sacks....in getting sacked.

The D seems out of place and unfocused with a few great plays here and there.  They keep the team in the game during other games, but are exhausted by the third quarter.  

A lot of changes need to take place during the off-season.  We'll probably have a new coach, which means new coordinators and probably new schemes.  I hope Luck is back.   I do like most of what I see from Ballard, though it would have been nice to put more time and resources into the offensive line, at the very least through FA since our O-line draft pick is no longer here. 

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i concur, it is not listed in the nfl rulebook  perhaps jj is mistaken

The NFL commissioner said it and would be covered under Extraordinarily unfair acts, Sect 2, articles 1&3.

I believe before Goodell's time

5 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Because players want to play. The teams cannot arbitrarily bench the starters as the fans pay to watch them not the bench bugs. Contracts are performance oriented and you can't reach your performance goals if your are not playing. Also, the Colts don't scare anyone and they are not better than their record. If they were their record would reflect it.

5 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

No we're not.  Bad teams find ways to lose and the Colts have done that to the tune of 3-9.  We are what our record says we are. 

25 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Because players want to play. The teams cannot arbitrarily bench the starters as the fans pay to watch them not the bench bugs. Contracts are performance oriented and you can't reach your performance goals if your are not playing. Also, the Colts don't scare anyone and they are not better than their record. If they were their record would reflect it.

Umm...Eli Manning??

6 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

We're single handedly the reason Blake Bortles still has a career. Bad players and bad coaching have killed us. We could just as easily be 0-12. We are what our record says, which is terrible.

What are Blake Bortles numbers against us this year? Because I'm pretty sure the Jags won game this year keeping the ball out of his hands.. now we cant even get an incompletion out of him?!

5 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Uh, no, Blake Bortles has been playing well most of the season. He would find another team if the Jaguars cut him this offseasson and all signs point to retaining Bortles through 2018. (His fifth-year option was picked up.)

Face it, you have been devastated with injuries in the secondary. Bad coaching includes not letting Quincy Wilson get in games after Week 2 and then finally pulling trigger when an undrafted rookie got hurt.

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You can try but we are that bad why it's so hard for some of you to realize this is crazy this team could easily have 0 freaking wins yet we are better than our record lmao ok 

*Sigh  I guess I do. We’re missing Luck, Kelly has been in and out, Melvin is now out, Green is even on the field, Geathers, Swoope... yeah, and we’ve been in all but 2 or 3 games. We could have 0 wins, but I could just as easily say we could have 3 losses. You are running on flawed logic. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

*Sigh  I guess I do. We’re missing Luck, Kelly has been in and out, Melvin is now out, Green is even on the field, Geathers, Swoope... yeah, and we’ve been in all but 2 or 3 games. We could have 0 wins, but I could just as easily say we could have 3 losses. You are running on flawed logic. 

Been in every game? we have blown leads in almost every game you know why? ause we are bad 

5 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Uh, no, Blake Bortles has been playing well most of the season. He would find another team if the Jaguars cut him this offseasson and all signs point to retaining Bortles through 2018. (His fifth-year option was picked up.)

Face it, you have been devastated with injuries in the secondary. Bad coaching includes not letting Quincy Wilson get in games after Week 2 and then finally pulling trigger when an undrafted rookie got hurt.

He will not be the starting QB next season 

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

We are bad this year. This year. We are an offensive line away from the playoffs with Lucks return. 

How do you figure? When did we get a pass rush or linebackers that can cover? Hell the secondary isnt that great either we don't know if Melvin will be back and Wilson has barely played. Don't over hype this team that's why so many of you are so heartbroken now. You expect too much out of undrafted and late round picks. This team is void of talent.

29 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

His numbers against the Colts in his career are far and above his career averages. Hes a below average starter. You can do better and you should explore every option next year to uprade to take advanage of a great roster.