Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Status of Melvin hand injury?

Hoose

The Colts lost both Kelly and Melvin to injuries during the game. Kelly apparently has a concussion ( he is injury prone but everyone is vulnerable to a concussion; he was a critical loss in this game ). 

Melvin's status is up in the air. He apparently hurt his right hand and possibly the wrist. 

Anyone have any word on the status of the injury?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

So....

Now it's worth watching if Wilson is activated or not.    He MAY be somewhat injured.    It's not clear if the reason for not activating him or not is health related OR performance/attitude related...?

Pagano said that Quincy will get an opportunity. Chuck jokingly said, he expects the opponent to start looking at college tape on Quincy this week. 

Not sure how much should be taken with a grain of salt. 

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

According to Pagano, Melvin's injury will not keep him out for the rest of the year. 

Although it wasn't specifically stated, I got the impression that Melvin sits out this week, and maybe next week too, but then plays with a club on his hand. 

According to Pagano......"He has a hand."  " He will miss some time ."  

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So....

Now it's worth watching if Wilson is activated or not.    He MAY be somewhat injured.    It's not clear if the reason for not activating him or not is health related OR performance/attitude related...?

Yep and if you throw in "he MAY be in the doghouse" , you will have all the bases covered. Not saying maybe he doesn't deserve to be there , just saying it could be part of the equation ? 

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, Hoose said:

The Colts lost both Kelly and Melvin to injuries during the game. Kelly apparently has a concussion ( he is injury prone but everyone is vulnerable to a concussion; he was a critical loss in this game ). 

Melvin's status is up in the air. He apparently hurt his right hand and possibly the wrist. 

Anyone have any word on the status of the injury?

As for Kelly being injury prone he played every game last year and had a injury in training camp and was actually back before we thought he would be back now he has a concussion. Injuries happen in football nobody has control over them they just happen it sucks when it happens to good players on your team but what can you do it is what it is.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

So....

I don't recall him being on the injury report lately.  And I really don't think it's injury related although people like to use it.  I believe it's performance/attitude related.  Practice he doesn't like to practice from what I'm reading.   If he can't get activated now with Melvins injury and our record you would have to conclude he has a serious problem.  Pagano said he was going to get an opportunity so I guess we shall see him play although he hasn't earned it.  Maybe Ballard and Chuck what to give him another chance under our circumstances.  Keep your fingers crossed Ballard doesn't sign another CB.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think within the last month there was a brief story on the front page of the website saying Wilson had a minor knee issue which would keep him m out of practice and any game action for a few weeks...

I'm not sure if that time frame has come and gone or not?

Either way....   one thing I hope we can learn in the final five games of this miserable season is just how good Wilson is?

Come on young man!   This is your time!   Seize the frickin day!     Make the most of this opportunity!      

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think within the last month there was a brief story on the front page of the website saying Wilson had a minor knee issue which would keep him m out of practice and any game action for a few weeks...

I'm not sure if that time frame has come and gone or not?

Either way....   one thing I hope we can learn in the final five games of this miserable season is just how good Wilson is?

Come on young man!   This is your time!   Seize the frickin day!     Make the most of this opportunity!      

Noted in IndyStar: (Quincy Wilson)" ... he remains raw, just 21 years old, the youngest player on this roster."

:)

Just knowing that, I feel much better about him. He's very talented, but very young...

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Chuck only goes by what the medical team has told him.

I hear you. I'm simply saying I don't see how he'll cover anyone effectively with one hand. Bad position to play one armed.

A fracture is probably a few weeks. Not much time to get back I think being we're basically in December.

I think it was a coach speak type answer, I wouldn't bring him back with one hand in a club honestly for game 15 or 16.