Colts Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

So without Aiken taking reps from more explosive guys, we’re getting big chunk plays...  Bombs or short throws and run after the catch?

Not bombs, I don't think.  There was definitely some running after the catch.  At least 20 yards of running, I would say.  I can't tell for sure how long the actual passes are because I am listening to radio play by play and can't actually see what is happening.

Just now, JCPatriot said:

Not bombs, I don't think.  There was definitely some running after the catch.  At least 20 yards of running, I would say.  I can't tell for sure how long the actual passes are because I am listening to radio play by play and can't actually see what is happening.

Thanks JCP. Guess I’ll have to wait on the highlights. Sounds like they’ll definitely be worth a look...  Go Horse!!!!!

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

My only guess is that forward progress was never called so Tomlin wasn't aware that was the call for the stop (and fumble)?  Other than that I got nothin'...

Nope, the ref's huddled and ruled it that forward progression had stop before fumble.  Loud and clear.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

My only guess is that forward progress was never called so Tomlin wasn't aware that was the call for the stop (and fumble)?  Other than that I got nothin'...

It was.  The ref announced it.  Did Tomlin throw the flag immediately before it was announced?

I doubt many people thought the Colts would be leading the Steelers 17-9 at the end of the third quarter.

Stats through 3 quarters:

PIT   IND
First Downs 12   12
Total Yards 202   256
Passing Yards 135   196
Rushing Yards 67   60
Penalties (Yds) 8(65)   8(72)
Turnovers 1   0
Punts (AVG) 5(47)   5(47)
Time of *. 20:40   23:51

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Wilson IMO is too much like Downs. Not sure we would want to pick another predominantly slot player.    IMO the players that make the most sense at WR are - AD Mitchell, Ladd(he again plays a bit of slot, but he's also a bit more versatile, he's played about 75% of his snaps in other alignments), Troy Franklin - he can be a Z for us... Jermaine Burton?!? if he's cleared character-wise?? I like Malik Washington but he's predominantly slot too so not sure he's a fit here. 
    • While having 6 QBs go in the first 12 picks pushed some talent towards us... it probably also contributed to it being extremely hard for Ballard to trade up. It's just way too hard to make teams move away from QBs or to outbid teams who are bidding for their QB. I think 5 was probably our best chance for trade up... Arizona reportedly completely shut down any offers - they just wanted MHJ and they took him. 5 was probably our best chance, but it probably was way too steep of a price. Giants probably didn't want to move from Nabers, division rival Titans not great trade partner, Atlanta... wanted a freaking QB for some reason?!?!? Then Bears got their dream player drop to them and IMO that was probably the last chance we had. 
    • I wouldn't mind if we traded up early if we picked one of these three players: 1. Texas A&M LB Edgerrin Cooper 2. Iowa CB Cooper DeJean 3. Texas WR Adonai Mitchell
    • Round 2/3 Wishlist 1. Texas A&M LB Edgerrin Cooper 2. Iowa CB Cooper DeJean 3. Texas WR Adonai Mitchell 4. Rutgers CB Max Melton 5. Michigan LB Junior Colson 6. Western Kentucky WR Malachi Corley 7. Minnesota S Tyler Nubin 8. Iowa State CB T.J. Tampa 9.Oregon WR Troy Franklin
    • Finally CB drafted a Edge with production, not only high RAS. But then it's a guy with big injury concerns. Anyway....any player can get a serious injury on any given play. So, welcome to Indy! Give everything you have on the field and stay healthy!   Gotta find a DB and WR in round 2. Think DeJean is still on the board?! Round 2 is probably where his value is.
  • Members

• Colt Overseas

Colt Overseas 1,283

• rob220

rob220 1

Rookie
    • RollerColt

RollerColt 12,215

• James

James 823

• MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan 2,657