Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sidney Jones 4th Round?

I'm not sure I'd use the 2nd on him unless we traded back towards the end of the round and got an extra 3rd or 4th.  But I'd probably think REALLY hard about taking him in the 3rd if he was still there.  4th round would be a no brainer to me.

Still, it's always a risk with draft picks... even moreso those coming off severe injuries.

Did we want a moderator to move this thread to the draft page?

As for Jones,  I'd prefer not use to a 1st or 2nd round pick on him.      I'd consider a third.

As for the rumors of some team using a 1st on him....    well....    I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did we want a moderator to move this thread to the draft page?

As for Jones,  I'd prefer not use to a 1st or 2nd round pick on him.      I'd consider a third.

As for the rumors of some team using a 1st on him....    well....    I'll believe it when I see it.

Moved.

I don't expect him to go in the first, but if that's the rumor floating around, it's hard to see him falling to the 4th.

Assuming we are going to draft a plug and play CB2 kinda guy somewhere in the first two rounds (which I think its HIGHLY likely with names like Conley and Humphrey going around already), I find it almost impossible to see a situation where we draft Jones in the first two rounds. HOWEVER, say we draft a CB with the first round and then go ILB or OLB with the second round, and somehow Jones is still there at our pick or is approaching our pick, I say we run to the podium and draft the guy. 

We all know this defensive overhaul is more than a 1 year job. Getting a 1st round star CB1 in the third round would be an absolute steal. Imagine if we came away from the draft with Conley, some ILB or OLB starter, and then we also got our hands on Jones. You are talking about two young guys that you can pair up for the next 5-7 years at the very least, not to mention theres a high chance we resign Vontae Davis. 

That being said, I find it highly unlikely Sidney Jones lasts till the third round. There are quite a few teams that would gladly give up an IR year to get his talent starting next year because they can afford to.

I'd rather spend the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks on someone who can help out right away.  I'd take him in the 4th, but I don't see him falling that far.  

Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack both had far more serious injuries then him and went in the top of the 2nd. 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Last rumor I read from scouting circles is that he's still in the mix in the first round. I can't see him dropping to the fourth. 

I hope you are right. That's potentially one more CB that could be there in round 2.