Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WG Mock w/ Trades 4.0

The latest installment of this series! Enjoy!

Trades:

Trade our 1st (15) for Oakland 1st (24) and 2nd (56). Oakland wants Dalvin Cook. Trade values 1050 to 1080.

Trade our 2nd (46) and 3rd (80) for Green Bay 1st (29). Green Bay wants to acquire more picks. Trade values 630 to 640.

Draft:

Round 1, Pick 24: Haason Reddick, ILB, Temple

Simply a must-do for us. We need a solid cover ILB, seeing as how badly we've been without one in recent years. Instant fix here.

Round 1, Pick 29: Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky

Lamp's fall here isn't due to a talent issue, but largely due to the fact that RG's are never drafted as high as they are projected to be, no matter how good they are.

Round 2, Pick 56: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State

We grab Vontae his long awaited partner. Very solid corner who falls due to depth of the class.

Round 4, Pick 122: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova

Not the soundest player, but will create a problem for opponents due to his freakish size alone.

Round 4, Pick 144 (Comp): Howard Wilson, CB, Houston

Long CB with a good history of taking the ball away. Slides into the 3rd CB spot on the depth chart almost instantly.

Round 5, Pick 158: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech

He's a little ball of fury. His small stature belies his inane ability to lay down a crushing block. Also happens to be a superb pass-catcher.

I changed up the process this time and left out a running back. IMO, Gore can go another year and there is still a few good RB's in next years class to choose from. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

The latest installment of this series! Enjoy!

Trades:

Trade our 1st (15) for Oakland 1st (24) and 2nd (56). Oakland wants Dalvin Cook. Trade values 1050 to 1080.

Trade our 2nd (46) and 3rd (80) for Green Bay 1st (29). Green Bay wants to acquire more picks. Trade values 630 to 640.

Draft:

Round 1, Pick 24: Haason Reddick, ILB, Temple

Simply a must-do for us. We need a solid cover ILB, seeing as how badly we've been without one in recent years. Instant fix here.

Round 1, Pick 29: Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky

Lamp's fall here isn't due to a talent issue, but largely due to the fact that RG's are never drafted as high as they are projected to be, no matter how good they are.

Round 2, Pick 56: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State

We grab Vontae his long awaited partner. Very solid corner who falls due to depth of the class.

Round 4, Pick 122: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova

Not the soundest player, but will create a problem for opponents due to his freakish size alone.

Round 4, Pick 144 (Comp): Howard Wilson, CB, Houston

Long CB with a good history of taking the ball away. Slides into the 3rd CB spot on the depth chart almost instantly.

Round 5, Pick 158: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech

He's a little ball of fury. His small stature belies his inane ability to lay down a crushing block. Also happens to be a superb pass-catcher.

I changed up the process this time and left out a running back. IMO, Gore can go another year and there is still a few good RB's in next years class to choose from. Thoughts?

Thoughts.....

You skipped a 4.    Pick 139, which we got from NE in the Allen deal.      We have three 4's, but your mock only shows two.

The other thoughts are you have all of my favorite names.   Reddick, Lamp,  Conley,  and the Villanova kid who name is worth more than a million points in Scrabble!

The problem is, I don't think any of them will be available when you have us picking them.

I think Reddick goes before 24,   I think Lamp goes before 29.    I think Conley goes before 56,  and I think Kpassagnon goes on Day 2,  but does not last until Day 3 where you have us taking him in the 4th round.

I'd have died and gone to Heaven if this all came to pass.....    but, sadly,   I don't think any of it is going to happen.      Nice effort thought....    

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

No to throw ointment in the mix but who exactly said Oakland would trade their #1 and #2 pick for the Colts #1?

Theoretically speaking! Sorry for the confusion!

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thoughts.....

You skipped a 4.    Pick 139, which we got from NE in the Allen deal.      We have three 4's, but your mock only shows two.

The other thoughts are you have all of my favorite names.   Reddick, Lamp,  Conley,  and the Villanova kid who name is worth more than a million points in Scrabble!

The problem is, I don't think any of them will be available when you have us picking them.

I think Reddick goes before 24,   I think Lamp goes before 29.    I think Conley goes before 56,  and I think Kpassagnon goes on Day 2,  but does not last until Day 3 where you have us taking him in the 4th round.

I'd have died and gone to Heaven if this all came to pass.....    but, sadly,   I don't think any of it is going to happen.      Nice effort thought....    

Sorry about missing that 4. Forgot to update my list. And I see all of these players going above where I slotted them as well, but I'm hoping we at least get a couple of them. And as for your quip about Scrabble, that just made my day! haha

3 hours ago, ar1888 said:

Not horrible, but still leaves a giant gap at DT. 

I thought long and hard about that too, and I'm hoping we can grab Hankins out of the free agency pool if possible in any way to fix that. Ultimately, though, at the places I was looking at DT, none really piqued my interests!

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I would rather have #46 and #80 than Lamp. If Lamp slips to #46...great. If not, there will be a good defensive player available. 

I can agree on doing that, and I was even thinking about dropping that part of the trades portion, but Lamp is my second favorite prospect in this draft class and I really wanted to slot him in! In theory, I would have kept those picks as well!

2 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

Conley's a first rounder

This class is so deep at the position, I can't slot him as a definite first rounder with any certainty. He may even slide to the third in the odd chance that multiple teams have other players ranked higher on their boards! But yes, he is definitely a first round caliber player!

7 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

?? We still have Ridgeway, Langford, Anderson, Parry, Mcgill, Hunt, and would then add his draft pick.

Think he meant a true NT. Parry is really bad imo, McGill is a better situationally as an interior pass rusher, same for Al Woods. Its a huge need

3 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Think he meant a true NT. Parry is really bad imo, McGill is a better situationally as an interior pass rusher, same for Al Woods. Its a huge need

We haven't had a true NT since Chapman. A great 2-gap NT isn't necessarily a need for us since we really don't ask that out of our NT now, with the exception being 3 and short running situations.

16 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

We haven't had a true NT since Chapman. A great 2-gap NT isn't necessarily a need for us since we really don't ask that out of our NT now, with the exception being 3 and short running situations.

I think CB going after Poe shows he's looking to change that. Its an under valued position but your NT keeps your ILB clean and that's crucial. 

16 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Not having a NT is way we have not been able to stop the run. I hope we look at Big Stevie in the 5th. He's the block eating run stuffing 2 down NT we need. 

Parry is gone I think. It's a matter of time. The charges didn't help but he needed to be upgraded before his incident. 

On 3/26/2017 at 10:20 PM, Rick_Grimes said:

Can't fill every hole in one off-season. Be patient.

This.

Even after the draft and FA we will still have some areas of need.  It just all can't be done in one off-season.  There was simply too much work to do.  Another year, maybe.

16 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

I think CB going after Poe shows he's looking to change that. Its an under valued position but your NT keeps your ILB clean and that's crucial. 

Poe was used more as a 1 gap NT, and the Colts declined to give him the money he was wanting. 

16 hours ago, akcolt said:

Not having a NT is way we have not been able to stop the run. I hope we look at Big Stevie in the 5th. He's the block eating run stuffing 2 down NT we need. 

Parry is gone I think. It's a matter of time. The charges didn't help but he needed to be upgraded before his incident. 

We went that route with Chapman, Hughes, and Franklin and it still didn't work. With the NT's we have on the roster now, it still looks like Pagano and Ted are wanting to keep their DL 1-gapping. Also, we are so much bigger on the outside now with Sheard and Simon. I don't expect to see them get abused on the outsides like we're used to seeing. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Thoughts.....

I think Reddick and Lamp go Top 20 as well.

50 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Poe was used more as a 1 gap NT, and the Colts declined to give him the money he was wanting. 

We went that route with Chapman, Hughes, and Franklin and it still didn't work. With the NT's we have on the roster now, it still looks like Pagano and Ted are wanting to keep their DL 1-gapping. Also, we are so much bigger on the outside now with Sheard and Simon. I don't expect to see them get abused on the outsides like we're used to seeing. 

Regardless I think NT still needs to be upgraded. 

Not a bad draft, but we need a RB. We can't wait another year. Pressure needs to be taken off of ALuck. Ballard has repeated this over and over. There were holes last season that a younger back could've hit and taken them to the house.

If we're going to trade down I'd like to see us hit heavy with defense. (Extra 3ed)

1st round LB..Davis  (UF)

2ed round.CB. Adore Jackson (USCw) or DE..Demarcus Walker (FSU)

3ed round.DE..Jordon Willis (KSU) or CB Sidney Jones (UW)..

3ed round..RB..D'Onta Foreman

4th round..DT Vanderdoes (UCLA)