4. Joe Mathis - OLB

5.  Stevie T    - NT

UDFA's

Joseph Yearby - RB

Leshun Daniels - RB

Standish - Dobard - TE

Tyrique Jarrett-  NT

Jamal Carter - S

I really like this. Idk if Lamp falls tho the comp to Zach Martin is real. Also you think Stevie T can fall to the 5th? He's short and a 25 year old rookie but he's an ideal NT. I'd take him with a 4 if we had to

Overall, I am ok with your Mock, but I am not a fan of any Mock that has RB or O-Line as our Rnd #1 pick. as even if the value is great it does nothing to fill the gaping chasm of what is loosely termed defense here in Indy. If our best value pick at 15 is Offense I would rather trade back than take it. I still think we need a pass rusher, as we went from 2 middle aged couch potato's (sorry Robert) to average pass rush at best....so we still need that game wrecker....Sadly at the moment doesn't look like the draft will break that way either....so I have a feeling I will be disappointed to some degree, what we ACTUALLY draft will determine to what level.

I think 28 teams would like to trade back to get an extra pick.  Who wants to trade up to our spot, and why?   Usually it's a QB need, that doesn't seem right in this draft.  

I guess we wont know until the end of April!   

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think 28 teams would like to trade back to get an extra pick.  Who wants to trade up to our spot, and why?   Usually it's a QB need, that doesn't seem right in this draft.  

I guess we wont know until the end of April!   

Exactly. The only thing I can think of is a team trading up to get the pick of their favorite OT. I've actually seen Ramcyck ranked around 15 from some top sites. Still doesn't seem likely  but it would be nice. Denver needs Tackles and has some picks to spare.

19 minutes ago, colts52761 said:

Forest Lamp is the best guard in this draft class.

Forest Lamp is a guard in this draft class.

That's all one need to know. 

I'm gonna go ahead and join the majority in giving a big fat no to him in the 1st round.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

You guys have to stop overreacting to these 6'2"-6'3" CBs running 4.4s at the combine. That's way too high to take Kevin King. 

Have you watched his tape or no? Because he has great technique and uses his size like he should. QBs also had a pretty terrible QBR when targeting him this past season .

32 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Have you watched his tape or no? Because he has great technique and uses his size like he should. QBs also had a pretty terrible QBR when targeting him this past season .

He's projected as a 2, so it's not too high.  His weaknesses can be fixed by coaching.  You can't coach size or speed.  He would be a great pick.  

4 hours ago, James said:

Forest Lamp is a guard in this draft class.

That's all one need to know. 

I'm gonna go ahead and join the majority in giving a big fat no to him in the 1st round.

You don't buy the Zach Martin comparison? I'm curious I kinda see it

On 3/25/2017 at 3:31 PM, Tmoney said:

I really like this. Idk if Lamp falls tho the comp to Zach Martin is real. Also you think Stevie T can fall to the 5th? He's short and a 25 year old rookie but he's an ideal NT. I'd take him with a 4 if we had to

I think he's there in the 5th. That's as high as I have seen him in any Mock or ranking. He's been my 5th rounder since my first mock.

Mathis is the guy who's all over the place. I've read some believe he benefited from being on that stacked UW D. They don't think he's a good enough athlete to get it done on Sunday's. He's tape is good what I can find. I like him as a sleeper who if he gets to day 3 will be a steal. 

I am really leaning toward getting RB help from UDFA pool. There will be some talented RB's that go undrafted. A few guys I like James Butler. Matt Brieda, Boom Williams, Hop Henderson, 

On 3/25/2017 at 7:25 PM, colts52761 said:

Trade back in the 1st and get a extra 2nd

1. Forest Lamp - OG

2. Kevin King - CB

2. Jordan Willis - OLB

3. Rasul Douglass - CB

4. Rayshawn Jenkins - S

4.  Elijah Lee - ILB

4. Joe Mathis - OLB

5.  Stevie T    - NT

UDFA's

Joseph Yearby - RB

Leshun Daniels - RB

Standish - Dobard - TE

Tyrique Jarrett-  NT

Jamal Carter - S

Who did you have us trading back in the first with?  

On 3/25/2017 at 3:25 PM, colts52761 said:

Trade back in the 1st and get a extra 2nd

1. Forest Lamp - OG

2. Kevin King - CB

2. Jordan Willis - OLB

3. Rasul Douglass - CB

4. Rayshawn Jenkins - S

4.  Elijah Lee - ILB

4. Joe Mathis - OLB

5.  Stevie T    - NT

UDFA's

Joseph Yearby - RB

Leshun Daniels - RB

Standish - Dobard - TE

Tyrique Jarrett-  NT

Jamal Carter - S

I like the idea and the positions addressed but not the way you did it. I love the idea of a trade back. It would be nice to know with who. I have a hard time seeing the value of Lamp especially since I am not sure where you picked him. Everyone wants to compare him to Martin. There is at least one huge difference. Zack played at Norte Dame not WKU. An OG in the first meh then a small school OG in a sea of edge rushers No Thanks 

I am not a fan of the first 2 picks. Trade back and take Harris and Conley then grab Dawkins and you have my attention. Lamp then King not so much. I would try to get Duke Riley over Lee. 

I do like leaving RB to UDFA unless we can get a couple of later picks. It won't take much to show Ferguson the door. 

27 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I like the idea and the positions addressed but not the way you did it. I love the idea of a trade back. It would be nice to know with who. I have a hard time seeing the value of Lamp especially since I am not sure where you picked him. Everyone wants to compare him to Martin. There is at least one huge difference. Zack played at Norte Dame not WKU. An OG in the first meh then a small school OG in a sea of edge rushers No Thanks 

I am not a fan of the first 2 picks. Trade back and take Harris and Conley then grab Dawkins and you have my attention. Lamp then King not so much. I would try to get Duke Riley over Lee. 

I do like leaving RB to UDFA unless we can get a couple of later picks. It won't take much to show Ferguson the door. 

The reason everyone is comparing him to Zack Martin is because that's who professional scouts are comparing him to.

And they're doing so, in part,  because Western Kentucky played a little school from the deep south called.........

Alabama.     And when W.K.U played the Crimson Tide, Lamp stopped Tim Williams cold all day long.   Snuffed him out.

So, he's played some big league competition and done well, including the Senior Bowl.

Lamp is the highest ranked O-lineman in this class by most.    That should tell you a lot.

17 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

No but I read his write up from Zerlein and it didn't encourage me to want to go look at his tape. No one was really talking about him until the combine. Same with Witherspoon from Colorado.

Everytime a 6'3" CB runs fast people overreact. King isn't as good as Jones from what I've heard.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

No but I read his write up from Zerlein and it didn't encourage me to want to go look at his tape. No one was really talking about him until the combine. Same with Witherspoon from Colorado.

Everytime a 6'3" CB runs fast people overreact. King isn't as good as Jones from what I've heard.

Well maybe you should watch it and form an opinion on it yourself. Because it's not bad tape. 

No he's not as good as Sidney, but Sidney was arguably a top 15 pick. And in this mock King is being picked with our 2nd, which would be a good pick. 

You can't just clump him in a category and write him off because other tall fast corners weren't that good. He has good technique. 

Maybe him and Witherspoon are just a new breed? (Mostly kidding here lol)

19 hours ago, colts52761 said:

Was just doing a mock for fun, wasn't really sure who trade with?   Denver or Giants ?

Looking for OT?   Any ideas or do you think trade not possible?

I think a trade is very possible.    Just not sure with who.   

17 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

I think a trade is very possible.    Just not sure with who.   

There is a rumor TB wants to move up for Cook. That's just 4 spots We will get a little something and still have our pick of pass rushers not named Garett Thomas or Barnett 

Just now, akcolt said:

There is a rumor TB wants to move up for Cook. That's just 4 spots We will get a little something and still have our pick of pass rushers not named Garett Thomas or Barnett 

In the interview Irsay said a RB  later rounds     He wants pass rush and corner in the early rounds

Moving up for Cook would be a horrible idea IMO

16 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

In the interview Irsay said a RB  later rounds     He wants pass rush and corner in the early rounds

Moving up for Cook would be a horrible idea IMO

I agree there is no telling if there is any valadity to the rumor. 

I think the chances are very slim that one of the top 2 S's (Adams & Hooker) or the top 3 CB's (Lattimore, Conley, White) will slide past the 9 teams ahead of us that have moderate to major needs in the secondary.  The secondary players that will most probably be left are Humphrey, Tabor, Awuzie, King, Moreau, and Jackson.  I'm a "build the front 7 and Oline 1st" kind of guy.  One of the top 2 ILB's, both worthy of being drafted in the 1st round, should be there.  The top rated guard and top rated OT should also be there.  All of the above guys are ranked around 15 on most big boards.  Majority of opinions say to not draft RB in 1st round.  There are no NT's ot DL3T or DL5T I would want at 15.  We could trade back to get a CB or edge guy in the latter 1/2 of the 1st round if Irsay is demanding CB draft those 2 positions early and often..  I know a lot of people think we are fine on the OL with Haeg at RG and Clark at RT.  I'm not sold on either one of them yet (I want to be).  And, what if one of them gets hurt and is out for an extended period of time (Good or Schwenke and more sleepless nights for Luck). Kelly was pretty much a sure think in the draft and he proved to be a stud.  Lamp appears to be in the same mold as Kelly and I really want him.  He's built like a guard.  Haeg, Good, and Clark are not.  And, Schwenke was benched by the Titans so he is just a depth player.   I want our starting oline to be Castonzo, Mewhort, Kelly, Lamp, Haeg or Clark).  Depth players (Haeg or Clark, Schwenke, Good, Blythe).

In all honestly, and I'm sure I will get criticized for this, I would love Lamp in the 1st and Mixon in the 2nd, then all Defense with the other 5 picks.  Yeah, our defense will still be average to a little below average, but the offense could be top 5.  The Raiders did just fine with an average defense.

We could still get Willis or Basham in the 3rd. 

In the 4th, some of the following CB's should still be there: Tankersly, Griffin, Witherspoon, Wilson, and Elder.

ILB's: Walker, Lee, Maybin, and Beckwith.

Safeties: Jackson. Evans, Clemons, and Jones.

A lot of depth on defense this year so we can still get good talent in rounds three and lower.  We could get a good RB in later rounds as well, but Mixon could be the best RB talent wise in the draft.  We haven't had a blue chipper since Addai and we won the super bowl with him.