Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts have re-signed QB Josh Johnson and placed CB Jalil Brown on IR

Everyone

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why i was hesitant to get too excited over him being released earlier this week.  It never meant Luck was definitely playing .  Johnson probably never even left Indy. It's very possible Luck's shoulder didn't respond well this morning or that they never even intended on him playing this week.  This is beginning to look exactly like last week.

Well, if Josh does play, you will see some Read Option thrown in there.  This would throw off what Houston has been preparing for this week.  That is one 'positive' note.

Hasselback has the flu. so being 40 it takes a little time to recover and IVs from the medical staff.  Bottom line is...if Luck is not  yet recovered, I would rather see him sit out.  I know...shoot me :)

This is why i was hesitant to get too excited over him being released earlier this week.  It never meant Luck was definitely playing .  Johnson probably never even left Indy. It's very possible Luck's shoulder didn't respond well this morning or that they never even intended on him playing this week.  This is beginning to look exactly like last week.

Exactly!  This is what I was saying all week.  His release meant nothing.  We signed him on Friday for a Sunday game...and almost the same timeline this week.  Thats what most teams do in this situation.

#Colts still expect Andrew Luck to start vs #Texans. Re-signed Josh Johnson because backup Matt Hasselbeck has been sick.

— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn)

October 7, 2015

Colts still expect Andrew Luck to start vs Texans. Re-signed Josh Johnson because backup Matt Hasselbeck has been sick.

That makes me feel a little bit better but the same thing was said last week by Pagano at least " I have supreme confidence Andrew will play vs Jax".  I guess we'll see.  I sure hope Lucks back.  If the Colts win this one, they are going to be in great shape to win the division.

#Colts still expect Andrew Luck to start vs #Texans. Re-signed Josh Johnson because backup Matt Hasselbeck has been sick.

— Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn)

October 7, 2015

Colts still expect Andrew Luck to start vs Texans. Re-signed Josh Johnson because backup Matt Hasselbeck has been sick.

So they say.  They also expected Luck to play last Friday when they signed Johnson.  We could speculate forever on this.

Tanney is a second year QB.  Johnson is an 8 year journeyman backup veteran.

True. I guess what I'm saying is the smoke seems to be clear here in Luck will not be playing tomorrow. Hasselbeck will get the start with Johnson as his back up.

True. I guess what I'm saying is the smoke seems to be clear here in Luck will not be playing tomorrow. Hasselbeck will get the start with Johnson as his back up.

Which I don't mind. People fail to realize Hasselbeck had the best game of the QB's all year. No turnovers on his point. He would've put up 20+ points but Gore continues to fumble the ball when he nears the end zone smh

That's what I think too.  However, some will says it's because Hasselbeck has the flu.  I don't buy that at all.  But, I guess it's a small possibility.

The release of Johnson earlier this week definitely showed they thought Luck was going to play. If they didn't expect him to play why release a QB that could potentially play and sacrifice the extra days of practice with him...?

I think Luck will start and that this has to do more with MH being sick. 

The release of Johnson earlier this week definitely showed they thought Luck was going to play. If they didn't expect him to play why release a QB that could potentially play and sacrifice the extra days of practice with him...?

I think Luck will start and that this has to do more with MH being sick. 

Mind games......

That's what I think too.  However, some will says it's because Hasselbeck has the flu.  I don't buy that at all.  But, I guess it's a small possibility.

Except Hasselbeck was on the injury report with an illness yesterday. Did they just fake that in an elaborate smoke screen?

I don't think that would be worth very valuable practice time with a QB who could potentially play/start. 

Luck's playing.

I wouldn't bet on it, but who knows.... like I said at the beginning of this thread.... Let the speculation begin and it is now spreading like wildfire....

We haven't definitely lost Vontae, he'll be a game time decision, but it certainly doesnt look good....

Vontae better play or Mallet is gonna have his best game of the year tomorrow night cause Manusky STILL hasn't learned that Butler doesn't belong on the outside

Hopkins would demolish Butler

What's the difference between Tanney and Johnson? Both are NFL career back up QB's.

Nothing major; except, Tanney has taken 0 snaps in his NFL career and is young (no experience), whereas Johnson is a vet who has started/played in multiple games (experienced).

That's kind of a big deal in what the Colts need in a safety net right now.

My guess is never, Colts are always the most injured team year in and year out

Team is cursed. Might have to change our name, everything goes wrong when you sign to the Colts

Frank Gore never fumbled the way he has in these 4 games.

Arthur Jones was one of the most durable guys out there, not anymore

Every week someone us injured

We're cursed I tell you, cursed!