Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the best FF team name you can come up with?

I always saw naming your FF team as a work of art, trying to come up with a clever pun or play on words that makes your team unique. I never liked stock names like "Packers" or "Dallas Destoyers" or "Team Jeff"...they just show no creativity. In a way, the name of your FF team is almost as important as the selection of players.

The best I saw last year was "Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe"

This year I am going with "Forsett Down Their Throat"

What's the best you can come up with or have seen in the past?

I never play fantasy football. It's never been a priority to me. I have more efficient ways of wasting my time, but since you asked for input, I'll play along. A few questions first...

Are you searching for flair with a creative HOF name from yesteryear that you loved as a kid perhaps? Like "Houston, We Don't Have a Moon Problem" [Warren Moon with the Houston Oilers Era]

Do you want your name to tie in with the Colts & a beloved musical artist from Indiana like "Get A Leg Up Andrew." [ A popular John Mellencamp song & our elite QB fused together] 

Or in my case, I love "Star Wars" & get a kick out of Luck's Facial hair so something like "Chewbacca's Beard of Doom" meaning all who face #12 have met their match & will inevitably fall. 

I always saw naming your FF team as a work of art, trying to come up with a clever pun or play on words that makes your team unique. I never liked stock names like "Packers" or "Dallas Destoyers" or "Team Jeff"...they just show no creativity. In a way, the name of your FF team is almost as important as the selection of players.

The best I saw last year was "Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe"

This year I am going with "Forsett Down Their Throat"

What's the best you can come up with or have seen in the past?

LOL. Whoever did that got it from the Simpsons. There was an episode where Homer had a team and that was the name of it.

A fun one I have used as a Colts fan is "Hoof Hearted"

When you say it fast enough it sounds like "Who Farted"

When the Eagles had Vick/Foles as their QB I came up with "HandFoles of my Vick"

"Rivers' Bolo #YOLO"

I'll come up with some more.

A fun one I have used as a Colts fan is "Hoof Hearted"

When you say it fast enough it sounds like "Who Farted"

When the Eagles had Vick/Foles as their QB I came up with "HandFoles of my Vick"

"Rivers' Bolo #YOLO"

I'll come up with some more.

Nothing wrong with a name that is rather perverted. Last year mine was "Off The Whole Team", because there is no one strong enough to "beat" off the whole team! haha

Back when I got into FFL I went Pink Floyd with my team name and I still call it "Us and Them"

Hopefully, Roger Waters doesn't sue me. :rollseyes:

Roger might but I think Richard Wright was the main writer of that song. But of coarse Roger thought he was Pink. IMO the best Floyd stuff was Gilmour. Roger was too depressing most of the time. But that's just me.

Great band & a solidly surreal song selection that is both simple, succinct, & savvy. 

DSOTM IMO is one of the top 5 albums in rock history. Some say #1 but it all a matter of opinion when it gets that high in the rankings. Sargent Pepper-Beatles, Back in Black-ACDC,  Moontan-Golden Earring and Led Zeppelin 2  are my top 5 respectfully.

Roger might but I think Richard Wright was the main writer of that song. But of coarse Roger thought he was Pink. IMO the best Floyd stuff was Gilmour. Roger was too depressing most of the time. But that's just me.

Yep....that was a Richard Wright song, and he was actually my favorite Floyd member. His keyboards and synthesizer work really laid down the foundation of their sound, IMO....and I was bummed when he passed away. David Gilmour's guitar work and vocals were masterpiece for sure and Nick Mason...for as simply and uncomplicated as he played drums, fit the sound perfectly.

And I agree....Roger Waters was too intense too often in his lyrics...a good bit of which dealt with his personal loss and a pretty damn cynical world view. As good as the songs were, taken in their entirety, I often wondered if the guy ever had a happy day in his life. 

It's too bad things went sour with Floyd and the lawsuits started flying....but they had as remarkable a run as any rock band and enjoyed almost unmatched worldwide notoriety well before personal computers and the internet came along.

And in the end, they'd pretty much made amends with each other too....which is good.

_45020182_floyd_getty.jpg

I don't get it, mind clearing that up for me? Whats Targaryen?

It's a reference to Game of Thrones. Targaryen's are a family that have some connection to dragons.

The girl in Game of Thrones is Daenerys Targaryen.

If you google Demaryius Targaryen there are some funny photoshops of Demaryius Thomas's face on Daenerys Targaryen.

The girl in Game of Thrones is Daenerys Targaryen.

If you google Demaryius Targaryen there are some funny photoshops of Demaryius Thomas's face on Daenerys Targaryen.

Ah, ok. Game of Thrones is an HBO orginal series, right? I dont have HBO, so I havent seen it, but I've heard of it.