Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next week at Jacksonville

bestQBever

31-24 Colts. I think our lack of pass rush is gonna allow this game to be closer than we'd like but I think we'll win. Not a game that should be taken lightly.

If that is the final score, we are in a world of trouble this year.

Gonna be a long year

Still got :flyingelvis: too?

Brady might throw for 500 messing with our pass rush

All I have to say about that is, "Thank God it is not 2001-2013 anymore." Maybe this year with their susceptible O-line it will only be around 350+. Back in the day when Brady would be able to light up a cigarette in the pocket, he'd have had 600 or 700 pass yards against this line.

If that is the final score, we are in a world of trouble this year.

But can you honestly say you feel we're gonna blow em out right now? I cant. I don't like calling it this close at all but I got a feeling that this is how its gonna play out. And probably in just about every game too.

But can you honestly say you feel we're gonna blow em out right now? I cant. I don't like calling it this close at all but I got a feeling that this is how its gonna play out. And probably in just about every game too.

I agree that it is going to be a close game. The optimistic side of me is hoping differently however. Losing by single scores to two of the top-tier teams in the league (one in which we could have won and the other we should have) should make us expect a big win over Jacksonville. But I'm with you. I can't help but think this team is too flawed to be taken seriously as true contenders. Hope I'm wrong though

hes gotta find a willing trade partner who is willing to trade a good pass rusher first. Teams don't just give away good pass rushers.

Oh I know. But everybody's got a price. It's just what the hell can we afford to give other than draft picks?

Oh I know. But everybody's got a price. It's just what the hell can we afford to give other than draft picks?

not much. Honestly unless he's getting a steal in a trade I wouldn't give up much in terms of a draft pick. We need help with pass rush no doubt but players acquired in season tend to take time to make an impact and if a team is willing to give away a player it normally means he's flawed somehow. People here won't like hearing this but what try should have done is give Hughes one more year. Still I think just about everyone here would have dumped Hughes before Grigson did so it's hard to bash him too hard for that trade.

Maybe they should take a shot at Sam off the Cowboys practice squad. What can it hurt? Cost nothing to get him and he at least showed a high motor in the pre-season. He might not work in the 3-4 but if he doesn't you release him and say hey we gave him a fair shot.

You think other teams have a quality pass rusher they're willing to trade now?

Well, until a team realizes they have no chance to make it to the post-season they are not very likely to trade a quality pass rusher unless they get an extremely good deal in return. Then again, we may not even decide to attempt acquiring a pass rusher if we keep losing.

not much. Honestly unless he's getting a steal in a trade I wouldn't give up much in terms of a draft pick. We need help with pass rush no doubt but players acquired in season tend to take time to make an impact and if a team is willing to give away a player it normally means he's flawed somehow. People here won't like hearing this but what try should have done is give Hughes one more year. Still I think just about everyone here would have dumped Hughes before Grigson did so it's hard to bash him too hard for that trade.

Maybe they should take a shot at Sam off the Cowboys practice squad. What can it hurt? Cost nothing to get him and he at least showed a high motor in the pre-season. He might not work in the 3-4 but if he doesn't you release him and say hey we gave him a fair shot.

I didn't even think of that. At this point, I say why the hell not?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 16, 2014 - inflammatory posting
Hidden by Nadine, September 16, 2014 - inflammatory posting

Next week against the Jags is a no win situation.  If they win by double digits its expected and doesn't tell anything about how the team is against good teams and if they do anything less than that its a sign that this really isn't a good team.  So winning says absolutely nothing about this team except that it isn't one of the worst in the NFL and not winning big or even losing only indicates the team is one of the worst in the league.  In summary all that can be learned by next week's game is whether the Colts are one of the worst teams in the league.  These last two games have already shown how it compares to the good teams in the league.

I want to see this offense be balanced. First game we passed too much, second game we ran too much ( though effectively most of the times) 

Luck still passed the ball 34 times, The team was able to run more plays then usual (72) in large part because they were able to run the ball consistently for the most part. The offense cant be more balanced that it was tonight actually I don't think at this point, Luck passed for 172 yards and the Colts ran for 169

Luck still passed the ball 34 times, The team was able to run more plays then usual (72) in large part because they were able to run the ball consistently for the most part. The offense cant be more balanced that it was tonight actually I don't think at this point, Luck passed for 172 yards and the Colts ran for 169

actually now that I think about We were pretty balanced. It's just we weren't effective at all in the passing game.

actually now that I think about We were pretty balanced. It's just we weren't effective at all in the passing game.

The last time we were very effective in the run game was last year vs the 49ers. In that game, Luck threw for around 186 yards. It seems that we can't have both. When we finally run the ball, Luck has an off day. Of course, we haven't run the ball effectively too much and there's a small sample to go by.