Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie on Hakeem Nicks: "I'm a fan of his"

BlueCollarColts

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/5070/wayne-on-hakeem-nicks-im-a-fan-of-his?ex_cid=espnapi_public

There is the article, but it sounds like Reggie likes the Nicks signing. If we get a healthy Nicks, man our passing offense will be DANGEROUS. Truth be told, I don't see Denver and New England as that much, if any better than us

On paper, our receivers are much better than New England's IMO. I don't even think it's comparable. Denver, however, is arguable.

I would agree with you New England's receivers are some of the worst in the league at this point.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted one.

With Denver its more of a question of how well these guys come out.

You have Reggie and Dwayne Allen coming back from injury.  Nicks is I guess just finishing healing from some injuries, and Da'Rick Rogers developing.

The potential is there for this to be the best receiving corps in the league.  But there are a lot of question marks.

Potential is their but Wayne and Nicks have to come back healthy and the Oline has to protect to prove it.

Absolutely, that's the key.  It doesn't matter that we have all these potential weapons. 

If the O line doesn't give Luck time to throw, or their D doesn't respect the running game, it won't matter who we have out there.

I can't wait to see how the interior line looks in the preseason.

if the interior oline is even just "average" in comparison to last year, and Reggie comes back to form...along with a healthy motivated Nicks...D Allen coming back, Rodgers developing as well as Fleener,  and TY being TY...this could be a scary receiving core.

again lots of ifs, but the potential is there.

I would agree with you New England's receivers are some of the worst in the league at this point. 

It's because New England has some kind of voodoo against keeping veteran players, regardless of success or position (ex. Moss, Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Welker). When they had their defensive veterans walk, their defense took a huge hit imo and hasn't recovered since. When Moss left, they no longer had a reliable deep threat, outside of the TE position. Meanwhile, Hernandez (TE/WR) got jailed and Gronk can never stay healthy for the playoffs.

They're pretty much on life support at this point. Belichick and Brady are the only things keeping them alive.

It's because New England has some kind of voodoo against keeping veteran players, regardless of success or position (ex. Moss, Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Welker). When they had their defensive veterans walk, their defense took a huge hit imo and hasn't recovered since. When Moss left, they no longer had a reliable deep threat, outside of the TE position. Meanwhile, Hernandez (TE/WR) got jailed and Gronk can never stay healthy for the playoffs.

They're pretty much on life support at this point. Belichick and Brady are the only things keeping them alive.

I think they still have a pretty solid offensive line too.  But you are right . . . they are a contender only because of their QB and coach.  

Quite honestly I can't believe how depleted they have allowed their receiving corps to get.  It's one thing to get rid of aging vets.  It's another thing to do it without having a plan for what you are going to do without them.

I think they still have a pretty solid offensive line too.  But you are right . . . they are a contender only because of their QB and coach.  

Quite honestly I can't believe how depleted they have allowed their receiving corps to get.  It's one thing to get rid of aging vets.  It's another thing to do it without having a plan for what you are going to do without them.

Tell that to Carolina...I saw somewhere that Newton has thrown a grand total of 0 passes to the receivers on his roster. The FO cut all his guys lol. And it will take a while before he is done rehabbing his ankle before he can even start practicing and getting a rhythm with them.

On paper, our receivers are much better than New England's IMO. I don't even think it's comparable. Denver, however, is arguable.

Tom Brady is still in NE though, so they don't have to be great. Plus they were first year guys. With more time they will get better. And I expect to see them get a TE in the draft and maybe a WR. And they have that monster run game now too. I'm willing to bet scoring puts is not gonna be much of a problem for Brady and company. They still scored a fair amount last year.

Tom Brady is still in NE though, so they don't have to be great. Plus they were first year guys. With more time they will get better. And I expect to see them get a TE in the draft and maybe a WR. And they have that monster run game now too. I'm willing to bet scoring puts is not gonna be much of a problem for Brady and company. They still scored a fair amount last year.

Why do you guys always have to compare your team to Denver and New England?

You're on the right track, the Colts are going to be a wrecking ball. No need to constantly put yourselves in the shadows of two hugely overrated teams that stink it up in the playoffs.

Tom Brady is still in NE though, so they don't have to be great. Plus they were first year guys.

I know I'm going to get hammered for saying this but Brady is past his prime, and it's so obvious when you see him over throwing deep balls. He hasn't looked so hot since 2007, and that was back when Dubya was president. I don't care if he's been to the Super Bowl recently or not, he's past his prime.

As much as I don't like to say it the Pats,,,,,,,,,are great and they have a great system,,that makes whoever they plug in to it great,and Bray is a great QB,,,,,,,,,,So they know also how to use cap space

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/5070/wayne-on-hakeem-nicks-im-a-fan-of-his?ex_cid=espnapi_public

There is the article, but it sounds like Reggie likes the Nicks signing. If we get a healthy Nicks, man our passing offense will be DANGEROUS. Truth be told, I don't see Denver and New England as that much, if any better than us

The key word is IF,,,,,,,,,,,,,Denver & NE. will be good -even if our receivers click ie) Nicks,,,,,,,,and Reggie is healthy the Pats are always going to be great no matter who they throw in there as a receiver their system works to a T they have a great system,,,just like any OLineman they put in there or RB etc,,,,,,,,,,,Colts are going to have to hit on all cylinders to beat the elite teams in the NFL this season Pats Seahawks etc.......................And if our Oline isn't better Luck will have Sh#T time to pass so a good Nicks or not,,,,,,,And the Defenses around the league are going to key on TY this season and figure out how he gets so open so it'll be a tougher road for Hilton coming

I know I'm going to get hammered for saying this but Brady is past his prime, and it's so obvious when you see him over throwing deep balls. He hasn't looked so hot since 2007, and that was back when Dubya was president. I don't care if he's been to the Super Bowl recently or not, he's past his prime.

Yet they still are one of the best if not the best in the AFC year after year. And Brady is still putting up pretty dang numbers.

I thought it was pretty obvious with Brady in the AFC title game.

If NE does not have homefield too they are toast. That is a completely different team home and away. And you know this too. ;)

Do you have any idea how many NFL Franchises would sell the farm for a "Past his prime" Tom Brady?

Why do you guys always have to compare your team to Denver and New England?

You're on the right track, the Colts are going to be a wrecking ball. No need to constantly put yourselves in the shadows of two hugely overrated teams that stink it up in the playoffs.

Does that question even need to be ask? Those 2 teams along with the Chiefs are the top 3 teams who stand in the way for the Colts to advance. Over rated??  Denver just set all offensive records in a season and the Pats seem to always be there so over rated is a stretch of word play.

Playing in a "horrible" division helps...    

NE has been kinda average since 07.   

When Brady leaves ....      BB will leave... and they are DONE. 

Yet they still are one of the best if not the best in the AFC year after year. And Brady is still putting up pretty dang numbers.

Brady gets made out to be God, I know that part, but the playoffs is all that really matters and he hasn't put up good numbers in those loses in the playoffs since after 2007.

Past his prime. The one year New England didn't get a cupcake schedule was 2009, and they barely went 10-6 that year.

Playing super weak schedules really helps.

2009 - 10-6 with a tough schedule, and Brady looked just down right EPIC in the Superdome that year.

Best. Saints. Blowout. Ever.

In 2010 they went 14-2, choked in the first round. Brady was MVP.

Brady also broke the least INT in pass attempts record that year. Most people forget that he did throw picks that got called back. New England looked like a wrecking ball the entire season blowing out cupcake team after cupcake team that laid down. They even torched the Jets, who were the very same team that went into Foxboro and were up 20-3 in the 4th quarter.

2011 - 13-3, did not beat a single team above .500 (they only played 2 above .500 teams that year) until the playoffs when Tebow came in to town, and the Ravens choked the game away. They went on to choke hard in the Super Bowl against a Giants team that had no business whatsoever being that far with a 9-7 record.

2013 - 12-4, another weak schedule, first round bye, and an epic chokefest in the AFC Championship in Foxboro. Brady looked totally raddled in that game.

2014 - 12-4 and struggled against the cupcake schedule thanks to injuries, and still choked in the playoffs.

I'm not arguing weather or not Brady is good or bad. That would be dumb, but he is past his prime and hasn't looked the same since they lost that first Super Bowl in 2007.

You can argue stats all day and it still won't make a difference (ZOMG WOW Stats do not mean automatic Super Bowl wins), in the playoffs, he has played very disappointingly when the Pats are still supposed to be this supreme awesome team that they used to be before Spygate. Where was he at in that last Super Bowl? Eli totally out played him, and there's not really any excuses as to why a 13-3 team blows it against a 9-7 team in the big one.

Brady is past his prime

The Pats haven't won anything since Dubya was president.

Time to give the crown to someone else if you want to really be scared of a quarterback. At least be afraid of someone that's won a Super Bowl in Obama's presidency.

I agree with Bogie, some of you hype NE & DEN way too much

Until they win a SB, all these stats mean NOTHING. Most historic offense dropped 8 points in the SB

Peyton & Brady are both past their primes. Regular season they'll cook, but neither have won the big one since cornrows were still in style

Brady gets made out to be God, I know that part, but the playoffs is all that really matters and he hasn't put up good numbers in those loses in the playoffs since after 2007.

Past his prime. The one year New England didn't get a cupcake schedule was 2009, and they barely went 10-6 that year.

Playing super weak schedules really helps.

2009 - 10-6 with a tough schedule, and Brady looked just down right EPIC in the Superdome that year.

Best. Saints. Blowout. Ever.

In 2010 they went 14-2, choked in the first round. Brady was MVP.

Brady also broke the least INT in pass attempts record that year. Most people forget that he did throw picks that got called back. New England looked like a wrecking ball the entire season blowing out cupcake team after cupcake team that laid down. They even torched the Jets, who were the very same team that went into Foxboro and were up 20-3 in the 4th quarter.

2011 - 13-3, did not beat a single team above .500 (they only played 2 above .500 teams that year) until the playoffs when Tebow came in to town, and the Ravens choked the game away. They went on to choke hard in the Super Bowl against a Giants team that had no business whatsoever being that far with a 9-7 record.

2013 - 12-4, another weak schedule, first round bye, and an epic chokefest in the AFC Championship in Foxboro. Brady looked totally raddled in that game.

2014 - 12-4 and struggled against the cupcake schedule thanks to injuries, and still choked in the playoffs.

I'm not arguing weather or not Brady is good or bad. That would be dumb, but he is past his prime and hasn't looked the same since they lost that first Super Bowl in 2007.

You can argue stats all day and it still won't make a difference (ZOMG WOW Stats do not mean automatic Super Bowl wins), in the playoffs, he has played very disappointingly when the Pats are still supposed to be this supreme awesome team that they used to be before Spygate. Where was he at in that last Super Bowl? Eli totally out played him, and there's not really any excuses as to why a 13-3 team blows it against a 9-7 team in the big one.

Brady is past his prime

The Pats haven't won anything since Dubya was president.

Time to give the crown to someone else if you want to really be scared of a quarterback. At least be afraid of someone that's won a Super Bowl in Obama's presidency.

Valid points, All aim really saying is they are still gonna be contenders untill Brady is gone. Will they win another Superbowl? Who knows. I'm not caliming they will or they won't but I'm sure they will be right in the thick of things. That's really all I'm saying.

Tell that to Carolina...I saw somewhere that Newton has thrown a grand total of 0 passes to the receivers on his roster. The FO cut all his guys lol. And it will take a while before he is done rehabbing his ankle before he can even start practicing and getting a rhythm with them.

I know.  For a while there they didn't have any receivers who had even caught an NFL pass before.  But then they signed one guy and I'm pretty sure he's their only guy who's caught an NFL pass before.  

Scary thing for them is that this guy is only viewed to have #3 WR talent.  Good luck Cam.  

I know. For a while there they didn't have any receivers who had even caught an NFL pass before. But then they signed one guy and I'm pretty sure he's their only guy who's caught an NFL pass before.

Scary thing for them is that this guy is only viewed to have #3 WR talent. Good luck Cam.

Good thing they are loaded on defense so they can focus on offense in the Draft. I'm more than sure they'll be targeting a top wideout, but even then, not good to rely on a rookie to be your #1. They'll take a step back in the division this year unless the defense carries them.

Good thing they are loaded on defense so they can focus on offense in the Draft. I'm more than sure they'll be targeting a top wideout, but even then, not good to rely on a rookie to be your #1. They'll take a step back in the division this year unless the defense carries them.

That's true. 

The scary thing is that a lot of rookie receivers it takes them a year to sort of put it all together and be really productive.  

And it's not like they are in a position to draft the top guy at that position.  

That's true. 

The scary thing is that a lot of rookie receivers it takes them a year to sort of put it all together and be really productive.  

And it's not like they are in a position to draft the top guy at that position.  

Hear that Panthers? Throw us all your picks and move up to number one to get Watkins. :) haha

Hear that Panthers? Throw us all your picks and move up to number one to get Watkins. :)  haha

I have a bad feeling that Houston is going to fleece someone for their #1 pick.

All you have to do is find a top 10 team that really really wants Clowney.  Trade down, take a 2nd rounder and a first from next year, bare min for the trade and you are still in the top 10 to get almost anyone you might want this year.  

All you have to do is find a top 10 team that really really wants Clowney. Trade down, take a 2nd rounder and a first from next year, bare min for the trade and you are still in the top 10 to get almost anyone you might want this year.

I hope they do. I do NOT want to see watt and clowney on the same team twice a year! Especially if clowney gets his act together

All you have to do is find a top 10 team that really really wants Clowney.  Trade down, take a 2nd rounder and a first from next year, bare min for the trade and you are still in the top 10 to get almost anyone you might want this year.  

There was talk of the Bills perhaps wanting to trade up in the past, and the Falcons. But I'll believe it when I see it. If our guys can't figure out if they like Clowney/Manziel enough and they believe they can get their guy later on, then yep, I can see a big trade going down.