Photo

2014 schedule

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7932 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

boy its a dosey

broncos patriots bengals steelers ravens browns redskins eagles giants cowboys texans titans jags

that is gonna be some challenge

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14887 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

boy does it look tough

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#3 TeamLoloJones

TeamLoloJones
  • Validating
  • 2636 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

boy its a dosey

broncos patriots bengals steelers ravens browns redskins eagles giants cowboys texans titans jags twice

Easier than our schedule was this year.

#4 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7932 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

thats an interesting argument.

#5 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 15393 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

The NFC portion, maybe (probably, but the Eagles are a nightmare matchup, the Giants and Redskins have had bad years, and the Cowboys are a solid team). The divisional placement games, no (Denver and NE > Cincinnati and Miami). The division vs division games, a push. The interdivision games are the same, and are always tough, but I think everyone in our division will be better next year. 

I usually say you never know what the SoS will be, but next year's seems pretty easy to compare to this year's. All told, it doesn't matter.

LET'S HUNT

#6 Andy

Andy
  • 8834 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, I'd take the NFC East over the NFC West any day.

The Colts played the Broncos this year. Playing the Pats instead of the Fins is gonna be tough, but they may not be as good next year.

AFC North vs AFC West. I think it's pretty even.

I wouldn't say it's harder.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#7 TeamLoloJones

TeamLoloJones
  • Validating
  • 2636 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

thats an interesting argument.

Well let's see...in our own division, there's a chance all three (Texans, Titans, and Jags) will be playing with a rookie qb, so let's call those games even.  We played Denver and Cincy this year, so let's say those games are even too.

That means the difference in this year's schedule and next year's would be....

This year we played Seattle, San Fran, St. Louis, Arizona, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Miami

Next year we play Philly, New York, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and New England.

Our NFC Schedule is about 10x easier next year than it was this year, but I would say our other AFC games are a little more difficult next year.  

So in conclusion...I would rather play our next year schedule vs. playing this year's all over again.

#8 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7932 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Well let's see...in our own division, there's a chance all three (Texans, Titans, and Jags) will be playing with a rookie qb, so let's call those games even.  We played Denver and Cincy this year, so let's say those games are even too.

This year we played Seattle, San Fran, St. Louis, Arizona, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Miami

Next year we play Philly, New York, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and New England.

Our NFC Schedule is about 10x easier next year than it was this year, but I would say our other AFC games are a little more difficult next year.  

So in conclusion...I would rather play our next year schedule vs. playing this year's all over again.

the nfc east will not be the same next year. giants and redskins will be better. the cowboys even with all their problems have beaten us the last two times and that was with peyton. the eagles I predict will have the best offense next year. steelers are aging, but I expect to see guys like ryan clark and ike taylor replaced with younger bodies and that steeler defense could be formiable again. the browns are imo one good qb away from being a team to be reckon with. I like their new rb. he can play and gordon is explosive.

#9 Old Colt

Old Colt
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

boy its a dosey

broncos patriots bengals steelers ravens browns redskins eagles giants cowboys texans titans jags

Its tough.... we get the Patriots and Broncos because we finished 1st in our division..... the rest of our division won't play them but will play all the others.... so these games could be key... but as we grow and improve, we will be just fine!

#10 TeamLoloJones

TeamLoloJones
  • Validating
  • 2636 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

the nfc east will not be the same next year. giants and redskins will be better. the cowboys even with all their problems have beaten us the last two times and that was with peyton. the eagles I predict will have the best offense next year. steelers are aging, but I expect to see guys like ryan clark and ike taylor replaced with younger bodies and that steeler defense could be formiable again. the browns are imo one good qb away from being a team to be reckon with. I like their new rb. he can play and gordon is explosive.

Yeah....but would you rather play the NFC West again?

#11 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7932 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah....but would you rather play the NFC West again?

hm good point

#12 BPM_Colt

BPM_Colt
  • 1072 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

HOME

New England

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Washington

Philadelphia

3 AFC South opponents

AWAY

Denver

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

Dallas

NYG

3 AFC South opponents

Pretty tough schedule if you ask me..

I would rather play the NFC East over the NFC West

Getting DEN & NE is tougher than CIN and MIA

#13 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3409 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Next year the NE / Colts rivalry will be renewed.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#14 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14887 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

There is a very good the will at least 2 new coaches in the Division
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#15 bestQBever

bestQBever
  • 1116 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

boy its a dosey

well, we have a freebee if we get dallas in december.

#16 indycrazy1887

indycrazy1887
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

HOME
New England
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Washington
Philadelphia
3 AFC South opponents

AWAY
Denver
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Dallas
NYG
3 AFC South opponents

Pretty tough schedule if you ask me..

I would rather play the NFC East over the NFC West
Getting DEN & NE is tougher than CIN and MIA

Honestly, we got really lucky with the teams we face at home. Was not looking forward to going to New England, Philly, or Baltimore. Oh and Cincy as well

#17 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10239 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

Next year the NE / Colts rivalry will be renewed.

Yep Andrew Luck vs Ryan Mallet

(Tom Brady gets knocked out the playoffs, cries, & announces his retirement)

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#18 Narcosys

Narcosys
  • 1665 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

I can see another 11-5 to 13-3 season

#19 Freenyfan102

Freenyfan102
  • 534 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

I don't. See the pat being any strong butI can't wait to put rgIII on his butt

#20 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4273 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

Stop being a 'fraidy cat! Although you can't be sure how the teams will change, as it stands now, this looks easier, particularly when you factor in home v away games. We are allowed to get better as well, just like all the other teams you reckon will improve!

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#21 t-rex

t-rex
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

2014 to 2013 Schedule

AFC South Division Schedule 2014/2013

Texans/Texans

Jaguars/Jaguars

Titans/Titans

NFC Schedule 2014/2013

Eagles/Seahawks

Cowboys/49ers

Giants/Cardinals

Redskins/Rams

AFC Division Schedule 2014/2013

Ravens/Chiefs

Steelers/Chargers

Raiders/Browns

AFC First Place/Second Place Schedule 2014/2013

Broncos/Broncos

Patriots/Dolphins

Bengals/Bengals

#22 t-rex

t-rex
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

2014 to 2013 Schedule

AFC South Division Schedule 2014/2013

Texans/Texans

Jaguars/Jaguars

Titans/Titans

The Texans and Jaguars will have brand new rookie QBs next year. The Texans and Titans could have new coaches. Jack Locker will be back from injury for the Titans in a "do or die" season. The Colts should be healthier next year and a heavy favorite to dominate this divisional schedule.

NFC Schedule 2014/2013

Eagles/Seahawks

Cowboys/49ers

Giants/Cardinals

Redskins/Rams

This is a total wipeout. The NFC West is a much stronger division than the NFC East. And it will be again next year. The Eagles and Seahawks are roughly even. After this, the 49ers, Cardinals and Rams are vastly superior to the rest of the NFC East. Does anyone think we would have lost to the RG3 led Redskins or Giants this year? Well, in place of them for 2013 we played the Rams and Cardinals. The Cardinals might be among the top 5-8 teams in the NFL. They just won at Seattle 2 days ago. Don't let the East Coast hype fool you. This out of conference schedule is not close. This is a huge advantage for 2014.

AFC Division Schedule 2014/2013

Ravens/Chiefs

Steelers/Chargers

Browns/Raiders

The Ravens and Chiefs are roughly equal. The Chargers are much better than the Steelers who will be a year older in 2014. The Raiders and Browns were about equal this year. I think the Browns will be much improved in 2014. But they did just lose to the Jets 2 days ago. There is not a lot of difference here. If you think the Chiefs and Chargers are better teams than the Ravens and Steelers, the 2014 schedule is actually easier.

AFC First Place/Second Place Schedule 2014/2013

Broncos/Broncos

Patriots/Dolphins

Bengals/Bengals

This schedule is nearly identical. The only difference will be the Patriots and Dolphins. Of course that makes 2014 tougher than 2013. But this year we lost to Miami anyway. So it would not have made that much difference to the overall Colts record had they played the Patriots instead of the Dolphins this past year. 

Finally, this is very difficult to do.

Imagine doing this in 2012 for 2013?

How many would have had the Texans losing 13 games in row? Or the rise of the Chiefs to an 11-5 or 12-4 record?  I have a lot of respect for Bruce Arians, but I didn't think he would be coaching one of the best teams in football with the Cardinals right now. But overall, looking at the 2014 schedule, I think it could be easier than 2013. Right now if you look objectively and ignore the NFC East hype that is with us every year, it certainly doesn't look more difficult. 

#23 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7932 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Stop being a 'fraidy cat! Although you can't be sure how the teams will change, as it stands now, this looks easier, particularly when you factor in home v away games. We are allowed to get better as well, just like all the other teams you reckon will improve!

more of being observant then a fraidy cat. lets look at the possible home and away games

home

patriots

eagles

redskins

ravens

bengals

texans

titans

jags

away

broncos

cowboys-heres hoping its on thanksgiving

giants

browns

steelers

texans

titans

jags

#24 jameszeigler834

jameszeigler834
  • 1037 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

more of being observant then a fraidy cat. lets look at the possible home and away games

home

patriots

eagles

redskins

ravens

bengals

texans

titans

jags

away

broncos

cowboys-heres hoping its on thanksgiving

giants

browns

steelers

texans

titans

jags

Here are the teams I hope the colts destroy 1 steelers, the next one the Broncos, the eagles, Pats, Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants and our whole division more importantly.

#25 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

NFC East looks a lot easier than the NFC West.

But things could change next year.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#26 husker61

husker61
  • 895 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

the pats are nothing close to the team that tormented the colts years ago. i also don't think denver is as good as people are making them out to be, they have had a good number of injuries and it usually seems that injured players seem to keep getting injured for whatever reason. the entire nfc east has problems. balt and pitt are on the downturn, clev is clev, and cinc is the most talented but a team without a top qb isn't going to keep me up at night.

i will wait to see how the off season goes, but i really like the colts chances the top record next year.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      27 Aug
    Jules

You ever notice that if you listen to any radio station long enough you are bound to hear a Tom Petty song?

Show comments (5)
View All Updates