Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmgww

Davis had a game

21 posts in this topic

Solid day! Some great open field tackles, including that one on Johnson where he form tackled him right at the knees and sent Johnson face down. Same drive (early Q4) he broke up the 3rd down fade to force a FG. I think he's starting to come around and be the corner we traded for.

He did have an awesome game but he should've caught that pick. I believe our dbs are allergic to big plays

He did have an awesome game but he should've caught that pick. I believe our dbs are allergic to big plays

Um, you did see the 3rd quarter, right?

the one in the end-zone, absolutley has to make that play, that would have negated the field goal.

1 person likes this

he stunned the players on the two form tackles, they were like, where the ___ did he come from??

Um, you did see the 3rd quarter, right?

yea i did it was great but i also saw about 4 more that were either dropped or completely ignored.

Yeah he is starting to show why we made the trade. What I really like is he doesn't give up many yards after the catch, for the most part he makes the tackle the instant the ball is caught, and really good in run support. He definetly makes a difference when he's in the game. Love the shoe top tackles, that flips the ball carrier, much like Bob Sanders used to do. Feeling better about the trade, with each game he plays. Wish he could have held onto the ball in the endzone, but it will come.

Ahh Bobby Sanders. If he could stay healthy he would've been one of the greatest. Dude always made a play when you needed one

3 people like this

Honestly the DBs did in general. They started off very slow in the first half with Britt having his way with them but I watched Vaughn get burned on the exact same play three times and thought just jump the route and sure enough that's exactly what he did on the pick six on the exact same play. Butler got an INT late in the game that helped seal up the win. However Davis was all over the field making plays along with Bethea and Lefeged. I think this was the best Bethea has locked in the 3-4 so maybe he is finally catching on to the 3-4. I think we finally got a chance to see what the Colts thought they were getting in Davis. He could do a little better in coverage but frankly in the NFL today good coverage is more of a product of good pass rush than your DBs and that's something we have to improve.

davis was well worth a 2nd round pick and the only reason the dolphins traded him to us was because they thought we would have a top 5 pick.

1 person likes this

Davis looked really good yesterday for the entire game. Vaughn was getting abused in the first half but then had an excellent second half. Butler looked solid as well. It was actually a very good game for the dbs and the defense in general.

I've actually liked Vontae the whole season and liked the trade for him. I think it is really starting to come together for him. Once Pagano is back and can get more time with him, I think he has the potential to be one of the best CBs in the league.

1 person likes this

The only bad play I saw from Davis was the pass to Kenny Britt who one handed it.

Great throw & catch, there was nothing Vontae could have done.

From what I have seen with the DBs, they watch the receiver and not the QB. That is why they look lost, like when Cassius and Butler made their INTs, they were watching the QB and his eyes rather than the receiver.

He also had all 3 of our tackles for a loss and only recorded sack.

Davis also had a great play where he poked the ball away from the reciever made ABSOLUTELY not contact and was called for pass interference. Stupid refs - can we get the replacement refs back ;)

yea i did it was great but i also saw about 4 more that were either dropped or completely ignored.

Wow.

Honestly the DBs did in general. They started off very slow in the first half with Britt having his way with them but I watched Vaughn get burned on the exact same play three times and thought just jump the route and sure enough that's exactly what he did on the pick six on the exact same play. Butler got an INT late in the game that helped seal up the win. However Davis was all over the field making plays along with Bethea and Lefeged. I think this was the best Bethea has locked in the 3-4 so maybe he is finally catching on to the 3-4. I think we finally got a chance to see what the Colts thought they were getting in Davis. He could do a little better in coverage but frankly in the NFL today good coverage is more of a product of good pass rush than your DBs and that's something we have to improve.

Other than Revis , all these good CB's get burned a bit here and there. The WR's are just too big , fast and athletic to not catch some passes.

Wouldnt it be nice to get a big CB to compliment Davis in the draft *cough* Xavier Rhodes!!!! *cough

Wouldnt it be nice to get a big CB to compliment Davis in the draft *cough* Xavier Rhodes!!!! *cough

No idea what the mocks look like right now, but we're currently in line for the 25th pick. I doubt Rhodes will be available that late.

No idea what the mocks look like right now, but we're currently in line for the 25th pick. I doubt Rhodes will be available that late.

Mocks are kinda crazy at this point, but I agree...but it would be nice.

Arians said today that he lost the ball in the lights... a few more home games and he should get used to them