Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis is 6-3

John Dee

I don't know about everyone else, but I need to admit it. I didn't expect this team to be doing this well. I thought .500 would be an optimistic guess, but with the way this team is playing, 10 wins is realistic.

There's something special about this team. When I think about it on a large scale, of course I think things like "we can't compete with the big teams in the league just yet and we won't be winning the Super Bowl". But these guys are taking it one game at a time. I don't know about the other fans, but I really feel like we have a chance to win each game we play. It might not always be pretty, but I can see us beating New England and other strong teams.

I don't know about everyone else, but I need to admit it. I didn't expect this team to be doing this well. I thought .500 would be an optimistic guess, but with the way this team is playing, 10 wins is realistic.

There's something special about this team. When I think about it on a large scale, of course I think things like "we can't compete with the big teams in the league just yet and we won't be winning the Super Bowl". But these guys are taking it one game at a time. I don't know about the other fans, but I really feel like we have a chance to win each game we play. It might not always be pretty, but I can see us beating New England and other strong teams.

Even if we lose in NE I won't flip out or anything. It's a tough place to play. BUT, we have a shot to win as long as we keep this thing close and the Pats have not always been the best in close games this season IMO.

Yeah there IS something about this team that I think many even outside the Colts organization is slightly falling for too. To see this sort of team unity and love for Pagano is really touching. We live in such an age of the "super star" in sports too IMO.

I love when you see a team be this united and unselfish.

I'm ashamed to say that I posted before the season that this team would go 9-7. I think I undersold them, but we can live with that any time.

9-7 is very likely. We have to play Detroit, NE, and Houston twice. That's 4 very tough games.

We've already passed my prediction of 5-11 haha

I tend to be overly optimistic when it comes to the Colts. At the beginning of the season I told my wife that I thought the Colts would be 11-5. When the season started, I thought we were a mess. Now, it could happen. They continue to surprise me. 6-3 is amazing. We already tripled last year's win total.

Luck didn't have huge numbers tonight, but he's playing so well. The offense, even with the patchwork offensive line is really gelling, and I am pumped for next week against the Patriots.

Even if we lose in NE I won't flip out or anything. It's a tough place to play. BUT, we have a shot to win as long as we keep this thing close and the Pats have not always been the best in close games this season IMO.

Yeah there IS something about this team that I think many even outside the Colts organization is slightly falling for too. To see this sort of team unity and love for Pagano is really touching. We live in such an age of the "super star" in sports too IMO.

I love when you see a team be this united and unselfish.

Well said! Just imagine the story lines if we do to all the way though! But for now, small goals. One step at a time. First focus on winning the next game and securing a playoff spot. Once the playoffs roll around, it's anyone's game

As i used to tell people who would say that about the Pats when them winning would help the Colts you aren't cheering for the Bears you are cheering against the Texans.  Think about it that way .
I totally understand the part about never rooting for the patriots..if we have to lean on them to help us out then we are not doing our job but the Bears I don't see why not..i guess its because I'm not from Indy so maybe there might be a Indy/Illinois rivalry like NY and Mass that I'm not aware of..

Sidebar: this board is way too Patriot friendly..you can't even poke fun of their names without it automatically be corrected when you press submit..its bad enough that you have their qb as an emoticon..

My preseason prediction was 9-7. At the time, I said that I felt the Colts were better than their record last year and if they had a decent QB, they would have won much more games. So I felt like this team has a handful of really good players, who could help push this team to a winning record.

We still have games against the Titans, Chiefs and Bills. We might catch the Texans with the division wrapped up in Week 17.

Most importantly right now, we should enjoy a few days off and get ready to go to New England.

Yep if the Colts take care of business in the games they SHOULD win they are going to playoffs (I really think 9 wins will get you in this year in the AFC.) With that said as well as the Colts have been playing they aren't gong to be unbeatable in those three games against the Titans, Chiefs, and Bills so those are far from give mes (not that you said they were.)

As for the Pats just worth pointing Brady has a losing record against rookie QBs lol.

In all seriousness I expect the Pats to win that game but if the offense can take care of the ball and move it like they have the past few weeks and FINISH drives for TDs they will have a punchers chance. We will also need a big play or two from the defense.

Congrats on the win... but for god's sake, can you tell Luck to protect the ball better when the game is in hand? I'm going to need every point I can get in fantasy football this week and that fumble did not help (yes, I drafted BOTH of the top rookie QBs - obviously because I am brilliant).

I'm a little skeptical that you guys are going to be able to hang with the Patriots offense but if you can pull off a convincing victory I'll be a believer down the stretch.

Congrats on the win... but for god's sake, can you tell Luck to protect the ball better when the game is in hand? I'm going to need every point I can get in fantasy football this week and that fumble did not help (yes, I drafted BOTH of the top rookie QBs - obviously because I am brilliant).

I'm a little skeptical that you guys are going to be able to hang with the Patriots offense but if you can pull off a convincing victory I'll be a believer down the stretch.

No one cares about your opinion here.

JOKING hehe :) . I'd like Luck to hold on to the football too. I think he has fumbled once in each of his last 5 games, losing 2 or 3 of them.

It's gonna be a PIECE OF CAKE. No problems at all. Watch and learn. Pats offense=Toast. It's crazy easy to defend.

/sarcasm

Yeah I know, Luck had a few oopsies. That bugs me too at times. Maybe he got overly excited at the lopsided score though?

still got me 18.22 fantasy points good enough