Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bob Sanders.

Rebelknight

I don't see why not for vet minimum. We don't have to bring him in and make him a starter. If he still has anything left in the tank he'd certainly be a special teams monster.

Think about that for a moment.

Bob Sanders in any form

On special teams

I know if I were returning the ball with Bob out there who I would be looking for, and I'd have my tail running the other way.

And if he gets injured, we haven't lost a starter, or a massive amount of cap.

So to recap:

Special teams help, good depth, no cost, no issue if we lose him to injury.

AND he's a guy the fans around here genuinely like and want to see playing the game.

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Where is the downside?

I don't see why not for vet minimum. We don't have to bring him in and make him a starter. If he still has anything left in the tank he'd certainly be a special teams monster.

Think about that for a moment.

Bob Sanders in any form

On special teams

I know if I were returning the ball with Bob out there who I would be looking for, and I'd have my tail running the other way.

And if he gets injured, we haven't lost a starter, or a massive amount of cap.

So to recap:

Special teams help, good depth, no cost, no issue if we lose him to injury.

AND he's a guy the fans around here genuinely like and want to see playing the game.

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Where is the downside?

With how many injuries we've been dealing with so far, 1 roster spot is very important and we don't wanna use it on someone who is almost guaranteed to get hurt.....early...and for the season.

Say what you like about Bob Sanders but when he came back and revitalized the defense all the way to the Super Bowl was great. I honestly believe if he hadn't come back when he did it would have been a completely different Super Bowl.

We should bring him in if he gets cut in San Diego...Pay him the vet minimum...

I hate that he has faded in obscurity.

he is washed up. sad but its true. i wouldnt even sign him for a waterbottle off the colts side line. plus the big focus now should be offensive linemen and another DT since we lost McKinney.

Why not? Our entire team is misfits from other teams or older players or cut players or wash-ups. If the Redskins game is ANY indication of how the season will go, we are in big trouble.,, the O-line is pitifull. It is made up of guys like Justice (RG) who looked awful, and then you add in players like Seth Olsen, are you kidding me. Justice had no foot-work, our RB's where terrorized in the back-field all day long. Go ahead, get Bob Sanders, what do we have to lose, we are giving up all our draft picks, drafted 3 offensive guys in a row to start the draft and our O-line is worse than last year by all means.

Why not? Our entire team is misfits from other teams or older players or cut players or wash-ups. If the Redskins game is ANY indication of how the season will go, we are in big trouble.,, the O-line is pitifull. It is made up of guys like Justice (RG) who looked awful, and then you add in players like Seth Olsen, are you kidding me. Justice had no foot-work, our RB's where terrorized in the back-field all day long. Go ahead, get Bob Sanders, what do we have to lose, we are giving up all our draft picks, drafted 3 offensive guys in a row to start the draft and our O-line is worse than last year by all means.

Make that 4 off guys in a row to start and 7 out of first 8 total, 8 of 10 overall :P

3oqduj.jpg

It's just one game in the pre-season.

People ask where the downside is? I'm half tempted to ask what the upside is. You sacrifice a valuable roster spot that could go to a young talent who has the potential to contribute both now and later in exchange for an older likely-to-be-injured player who will be long gone before the team is back in serious contention. Say Bob Sanders stays healthy all year and even makes the pro-bowl this year as the starting SS. What do you really gain? Unless that was enough to push the team over the top, there's just no sense in it long term.

People ask where the downside is? I'm half tempted to ask what the upside is. You sacrifice a valuable roster spot that could go to a young talent who has the potential to contribute both now and later in exchange for an older likely-to-be-injured player who will be long gone before the team is back in serious contention. Say Bob Sanders stays healthy all year and even makes the pro-bowl this year as the starting SS. What do you really gain? Unless that was enough to push the team over the top, there's just no sense in it long term.

but but but it's Bob Sanders!