Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reports: Colts eye CB, not Maurice Jones-Drew, in trade

stonehart1234

Okay... all the talk is what we could get... but what will we have to give up?

Can we really lose anymore of our beloved Colts.... I am having enough trouble putting the numbers with the names.

from what i have read it involves a high draft pick, but like everyone else i dont know if its us giving up the high draft pick or someone else giving up a high draft pick. there has been talk about possibly freeney being traded so who knows

Dwight Freeney aint going anywhere.

I wouldnt necesarilly say that. freeney is due 14 million this year, if the colts could get something decent for him like a 3rd round pick then they prob will trade him away.its better to trade him and get something for him then not trade him and lose him in FA. IMHO

I'd be ok with a 2nd or 3rd given up for Vontae he would greatly improve the play of the secondary. He can cover and is the type of corner you'd want in run support. he would be better than any corner we could pick up in the draft next yr with a 2nd or 3rd pick.

WELL FROM WHAT I SAW IT SAID MIKE WALLACE OR MJD OR DAVIS, I LIKE ALL OF THEM BUT I WOULD LOVE FOR US TO GET WALLACE OR MJD

Why would they EVER take on either of those contracts?....We have very servicable backs. Give D Brown a chance (he's earned it), and from what I've seen so far Ballard has A LOT of potential. As for WRs....we are already going to be cutting some pretty good WRs as it is. Why take on that monster contract when we haven't even seen what Avery can do as well as the fact that we can get a speedster in the draft next year for next to nothing. And this doesn't even take into consideration what we would have to give up to get either of these guys.

Why would they EVER take on either of those contracts?....We have very servicable backs. Give D Brown a chance (he's earned it), and from what I've seen so far Ballard has A LOT of potential. As for WRs....we are already going to be cutting some pretty good WRs as it is. Why take on that monster contract when we haven't even seen what Avery can do as well as the fact that we can get a speedster in the draft next year for next to nothing. And this doesn't even take into consideration what we would have to give up to get either of these guys.

Or to the point, why give up a high pick now when we can just sign the guy outright next year for nothing since he's a free agent and the Steelers aren't going to give both him and Brown a big contract.

He's 24 or 25.....

...This would be a trade for the present AND the future....and, afre thuis season...we have cap space to pay him, right/

Just cash and a anything byut a No. 1) draft choice....?? Really? Do it.

..... it would certainly increase our chances of making the playoffs THIS SEASON...

CRHughes,

I have liked your post, but really... we need a CB... they tried to draft 2 this year and was beat out... we know it is our big deficiency... we have tried alot of trials with CB's .. they are not impressed.. even with multiple trades.. I was looking forward to seeing Chism, but he hasn't performed... we have a CB head coach and if he believes we do not have what we need then go get it... I would personally prefer nothing more than a 3rd pick. ... BUT I am 100 % behind the NEW FO & Coaches