Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So its Reggie-Griff, Avery-Brazill & TY at the 3/KR?

HarassedOffTheSite

Just my guess is that he sits out a week (I dont know if thats long enough given his concussion history) and that Brazill takes over #2 with Hilton or Kris Anderson in the slot, personally I think Anderson is a better fit at the slot, hes got the size to play over the middle and take the hits as well as get downfield, I hope Collie is alright and really thinks hard about his health and family, Im not sure how long Avery will be out

Austin has to seriously sit down and consider his and his family's future quality of life. Hopefully Jimmy Israel'll step in and promote him in house.

We've got some depth at WR though. Wonder how it will shake out.

Jimmy Israel?

I agree, he needs to think about life after football. He's a bright guy, I hope he's smart in this. Yes, we have depth, most of it unproven, but just about everyone looks talented. I'll caveat that about Avery until he actually gets on the field though.

Just my guess is that he sits out a week (I dont know if thats long enough given his concussion history) and that Brazill takes over #2 with Hilton or Kris Anderson in the slot, personally I think Anderson is a better fit at the slot, hes got the size to play over the middle and take the hits as well as get downfield, I hope Collie is alright and really thinks hard about his health and family, Im not sure how long Avery will be out

I think you mean Kris Adams

What makes you think Adams can take shots over the middle? He's tall alright, but very light for his size. I just hope you're not basing it on his height.

Hilton and Brazil have shown promise... But starters?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

Avery is injury prone, but I guess he could start. But in the event he goes go down, we're back to Hilton and Brazil, and again, that's kind of a push right now. Whalen is kind of a project, TBH. He's a guy I think could spend a year on the PS, if Collie returns.

What makes you think Adams can take shots over the middle? He's tall alright, but very light for his size. I just hope you're not basing it on his height.

Not basing it just on his size alone, hes got plenty of speed, Just given Collies concussion history and Avery's injury history and stature I just see no way can Avery play a whole season in the slot, hes already missing time with a thigh bruise

I think we're probably jumping the gun with Collie bit. It seems like every fan has an opinion on what he should do, "if I were in his situation, I would ______."

You're not in his situation. Whatever he decides is best for him, is best for him. It's his call, not ours.

I believe that Collie is 1 of the most unique and gifted wide receivers in the league. And yes have had concussion issues in the past, but i believe he can overcome this and im hoping he do. He is so important to how explosive this offense can be this yr. To be honest i do believe he is one the hardest wide receivers to stop in a gm. Threw 4qrts.He is almost all the time open for a big catch during gms. He just needs to stay on the field letting him quit or he retiring will be disappointing he can be great i see it.He so good that other teams players target him and his past history to slow him down or put him out the gm.Because they can not stop him.

I'll just say this again like I said earlier..........

It's not Confirmed or anything yet. But I still want to say something cause this could be very serious guys........

I just want Collie to do what's BEST for HIM & his FAMILY. I don't want him putting his Health in Risk just to entertain Fans every Sunday or whenever we play. This is something serious, athletes are people too. I will not stand by at watch a good player ruin his life, just to please his fans. If he is diagnosed with a Concussion, I believe he should leave the league now. Yes, it is his choice...but this is something I honestly believe he will think about with himself & family. You guys making jokes about him get concussions is downright childish and rude. This is not something you just come back from and act like it never happened. I really do wish the Best for Collie & his Family. If he does stop playing, he will always be a Colt in my eyes. He has nothing to be ashamed of for leaving. If it's not a concussion, our front office should really consider how he plays for here on out. I wish you the Best Collie.

Not basing it just on his size alone, hes got plenty of speed, Just given Collies concussion history and Avery's injury history and stature I just see no way can Avery play a whole season in the slot, hes already missing time with a thigh bruise

Avery is sturdier built, but i dont like him either. I think he could get cut. If you wanna play put UDFA-in-the-slot then Whalen would be a better choice imo. Hes shwon more in 1 preseason game than Adams has throughout the enire preseason. And he's built like a rock.

I'm not sold on Avery either. Let's see him get on the field first. The young guys are making an excellent case for themselves in preseason. Griff Whalen was on my cut list, and he put himself into the mix last night. Jeremy Ross keeps making big plays. Sambrano has done more than Avery. It wouldn't shock me at all, based on the preseason so far, if Avery doesn't make the final 53.

It is tragic to see a person that has sustained permant brain damage. Try to imagine waking up with a brain that does not work every day until you die.

I watched the packers play recently and the brioadcasters were pointing out the new, improved helmets some of the players on Clevealnd were wearing. As they were speaking the camera showed many Packers not wearing them. It should be mandatory and I am stumped as why it is not.

Austin has to seriously sit down and consider his and his family's future quality of life. Hopefully Jimmy Israel'll step in and promote him in house.

We've got some depth at WR though. Wonder how it will shake out.

.........the drafting Hilton and Brazill went from a good move to a great move, IMO.

I'll just say this again like I said earlier..........

It's not Confirmed or anything yet. But I still want to say something cause this could be very serious guys........

I just want Collie to do what's BEST for HIM & his FAMILY. I don't want him putting his Health in Risk just to entertain Fans every Sunday or whenever we play. This is something serious, athletes are people too. I will not stand by at watch a good player ruin his life, just to please his fans. If he is diagnosed with a Concussion, I believe he should leave the league now. Yes, it is his choice...but this is something I honestly believe he will think about with himself & family. You guys making jokes about him get concussions is downright childish and rude. This is not something you just come back from and act like it never happened. I really do wish the Best for Collie & his Family. If he does stop playing, he will always be a Colt in my eyes. He has nothing to be ashamed of for leaving. If it's not a concussion, our front office should really consider how he plays for here on out. I wish you the Best Collie.

I'm not saying what you aren't saying has truth...it does. And I don't think he would keep playing for fame or entertainment value at all. I believe Collie is playing for himself and his family. People all over america and the world have many many many more dangerous jobs than wr in the nfl. Police officers, firemen, soldiers, fishermen, steel workers, loggers, farmers/ranchers, heck even trashmen are all more dangerous jobs. We don't go around telling those people to quit or find another occupation do we?We all care about Austin in a way but why not go tell your trashman tomorrow to quit if we are going to be so concerned for others. I am sure Austin is aware of the risks. If Austin determines this is the best way for him to take care of his family and make sure they are well off and provided for than more power to him. I'm sure he is smart and can do other work but this is HIS life. Lets let him decide for himself rather than try to tell him what he should do. We should all stand united in saying we want whats best for Austin and what will make him happy. After all we let everyone else chase their dreams or do the work they choose. Lets be honest...we watch too much tv and read too many articles and think we know best what everyone should do. I'm sorry I don't mean to single you out or say your concern is misplaced and I'm not even going to say from a football prospective that we can count on Austin and should resign him or whatever but I think he is man enough to make this decision on his own. Perhaps he is putting his family first by continuing to play....after all those other occupations have plenty of workers and no one is claiming they aren't looking after their family. Just my opinion...not trying to upset anyone.

Praying for your health Austin. Good luck! Support whatever decision you make!