Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Luck guy....is pretty good.

StewieG

Yeah but....Harrison wasn't there...neither was Wallace. And honestly, Steeler D isn't as good as it once was. And you know, well....it's.

crane-s-sigh-o.gif

We're gonna need a better defense

You were doing so good at first and then you sorta fell off....lol

It's gonna be on again this year between our clubs, aye?

I'm actually pretty happy he threw the pick 6. Needed to happen eventually so I'm happy it did during pre-season. He'll watch that play a thousand times. And we all now know how he bounces back from dodgy starts. His first few plays were all bad, not just the pick 6, but my word did he pick himself up.

the interceptions doesn't concern me he's a rookie but what impressed me the most is how quickly he forgot about and drove 80 yards on the steerlers 1st team defense. luck looked very poised in the pocket even when the pressure was near him. the hilton bobbled pass was exactly what luck needed because everything in the nfl won't go your way ad you have to have amnesia about those things and he did.

I'm actually pretty happy he threw the pick 6. Needed to happen eventually so I'm happy it did during pre-season. He'll watch that play a thousand times. And we all now know how he bounces back from dodgy starts. His first few plays were all bad, not just the pick 6, but my word did he pick himself up.

How is it that Wayne is involved in a lot of pick six plays :)? Maybe he does not separate as well like he used to??? Not dogging Wayne because Luck should not have thrown the ball and gone to another read or thrown it away.

However Wayne's lack of separation vs good No.1 CBs does bother me. :(

How is it that Wayne is involved in a lot of pick six plays? Maybe he does not separate as well like he used to??? Not dogging Wayne because Luck should not have thrown the ball and gone to another read or thrown it away. But Wayne's lack of separation vs good No.1 CBs does bother me. :(

lmao I thought the same but perhaps our QBs often try too hard to get it to Wayne when they need something to happen in a tough spot.

Luck has a moxy about him that is beyond his years. Loved how he didn't get frazzled by the pick six but fought through it. No sour face just focus.

Maybe he has a little bit of Jim Harbaugh in him too from being coached by him. If thats the case there is a lot of determination and fight in this kid that will serve him well this season and beyond.

Maybe he has a little bit of Jim Harbaugh in him too from being coached by him. If thats the case there is a lot of determination and fight in this kid that will serve him well this season and beyond.

Agreed! I actually mentioned to my sister during the game that he has some Harbaugh in him. haha And that was exactly what I meat. Great minds!

I didn't like the two missed calls though...when the LB was all over Wayne when he was running across the middle and another play when I think it was Hilton who was basically dragged to the ground. That could have been a 3rd pick. Missed calls like these in the real games could be detrimental.

I didn't like the two missed calls though...when the LB was all over Wayne when he was running across the middle and another play when I think it was Hilton who was basically dragged to the ground. That could have been a 3rd pick. Missed calls like these in the real games could be detrimental.

Those refs last night were beyond horrible. They missed so many calls on both sides.

He and the offense started out pretty sloppy, but man he played absolutely great in that 2nd quarter. The guy is a rookie but he plays like a 3 year guy.

Hes gonna be pretty good, I think we can all agree.

I'm amazed at how he's so much in control..

he missed a lot of time in the pre-pre-sreason with his studies....

..and he controls the game like Peyton.....only he has mobilitty...

The only thing he needs is experince against all our division opponents and we'll be scoirng 30 a game

I am going to direct this reply specifically to NewColtsFan. I finally saw exactly what I wanted to see real adversity on the field vs a stellar defense last night against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ask and I too shall receive: 2 interceptions, a sack, a comeback from a point deficit, selective amnesia, and Andrew Luck was calm, cool, and collected in the pocket last night. Grade A+.

We ran the ball well, our o-line actually gave Luck more time to survey the field as opposed to the Rams game, Jerry Hughes continued to tackle and make his presence known on the field, and our ground game was eating up significant chucks of yards and scoring touchdowns. I wasn't happy about the blocked punt or interceptions, but the silver lining in all of this adversity is that our squad didn't panic or play scared.

I know that I give owner Jim Irsay some grief sometimes over the initial release of Manning, but I have to give credit where credit is due. It took a ton of courage to go in a completely different direction with a new QB, a new coaching staff, and a whole new scheme and Mr. Irsay deserves to toot his horn as a result of it. If you can survive a baptism by fire courtesy of a Dick Lebeau defense, your team in it's new configuration has officially arrived. Heck, I am even willing to increase my projected Colts record to 7-9.

I was very impressed Ryan Grigson, Chuck Pagano, and Co.

He is just plain TOUGH!!! To have a pick 6, get sacked and come right back with 3 scoring drives(should have been 4) is the most impressive thing I have seen yet. You just can't rattle him :) GREAT THINGS TO COME COLTS FANS!!!

JAC..He threw the interceoptin and he laughe dit off.

he literally laughed it oiff..

If he (and the 1st string) plays 4 quarters..we'd have scored 40 points