Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Is Donnie Avery Status For Pittsburgh Game?

krunk

I'm hoping he will. If not then definitely I hope he's back by the third pre-season game which is the game that the vets

usually play for about 3 quarters.

It's usually 2 quarters plus the first drive in the second half. Peyton and most other starters NEVER played a full 3 quarters.

I dont see why Avery would start over Collie anyway, you want the speed guy in there over Collie just go with Hilton or Brazill or Kris Jenkins all of which I dont think are as blazing fast (supposedly) but all have better hands in my opinion after attending all but two training camp days and reading about his drop issues

I dont see why Avery would start over Collie anyway, you want the speed guy in there over Collie just go with Hilton or Brazill or Kris Jenkins all of which I dont think are as blazing fast (supposedly) but all have better hands in my opinion after attending all but two training camp days and reading about his drop issues

You know Gavin, I'm sensing some Anti-Avery Vibe from you. I dont think you're too Sold on him :lol:

You know Gavin, I'm sensing some Anti-Avery Vibe from you. I dont think you're too Sold on him :lol:

Should I be sold on him, the Rams and Titans weren't and thats with the lack of receivers the Rams had at the time? But Im not Anti- Avery

Idk anything about him Honestly. Yeah he came from the Titans, but idk anything about. So, I can't really tell you if he's Good or Not. but so far in his Career as a Colt, I'd say you shouldn't be sold on him since he hasn't played lol

Oh Im not saying I dont like him or anything like that, he has potential, the guy is blazing fast (reportedly). Im just saying there are plenty of blazing fast receivers out there but that dont make them a receiving threat, Im not trying to pick on Avery or knock those that really like Avery, I just want to see him produce before I say hes that good

All I can say is what I see and I see Collie doing well against #2 CBs of opposing teams. If he does that for 3 games in a row vs Rams, Steelers and Redskins, one has to give the nod to Collie as the #2 WR outside and ease Avery into the line up when he does get healthy, IMO.

Oh Im not saying I dont like him or anything like that, he has potential, the guy is blazing fast (reportedly). Im just saying there are plenty of blazing fast receivers out there but that dont make them a receiving threat, Im not trying to pick on Avery or knock those that really like Avery, I just want to see him produce before I say hes that good

I understand what you're saying. But I'm sure he'll get it together at some point.

All I can say is what I see and I see Collie doing well against #2 CBs of opposing teams. If he does that for 3 games in a row vs Rams, Steelers and Redskins, one has to give the nod to Collie as the #2 WR outside and ease Avery into the line up when he does get healthy, IMO.

Oh, that game is gonna be something. I already know the Skins are gonna try to make RG3 "upstage" Luck so they can say RG3 is the better QB. Few redskin fans already tryning to trash talk me saying they're gonna beat us 42-0, 28-3, Etc.

And I give them the same Response. "What happened Week 6 at FedEx Field? When the game actually counted?" Then they all get quiet and walk away :lol:

Oh, that game is gonna be something. I already know the Skins are gonna try to make RG3 "upstage" Luck so they can say RG3 is the better QB. Few redskin fans already tryning to trash talk me saying they're gonna beat us 42-0, 28-3, Etc.

And I give them the same Response. "What happened Week 6 at FedEx Field? When the game actually counted?" Then they all get quiet and walk away :lol:

RG3 will find out that Mathis and Freeney are not college DE speed :) plus if we zero in on Garcon, we will make RG3's life a bit difficult and can gain an edge, especially at home.

RG3 will find out that Mathis and Freeney are not college DE speed :) plus if we zero in on Garcon, we will make RG3's life a bit difficult and can gain an edge, especially at home.

The bears seem to already be doing this. RG3 is getting chased around like he stole something

Collie might beat him out for the outside WR spot if Collie continues to shine. Word is Luck and most of the starters are playing an entire half.

Well since they played most of the half last week (other than vets like Wayne) that's not too surprising. Luck needs reps so I think it's a good move to play him a little longer than the "norm" of a pre-season game.

Collie might beat him out for the outside WR spot if Collie continues to shine. Word is Luck and most of the starters are playing an entire half.

From what I saw from camp, Collie was already the No.2 outside receiver, I never thought it was really that up for competition. (Not saying he's immune to competition, but he play was just that solid.)