oldunclemark

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st quarter and 3rd quarter.

1st quarter and 4th quarter

1st 2nd 3rd

Then the whole game for the last pre season game.

He needs to play a full game at full speed at some point. I would make it the last preseason game.

Folks might argue with you but I agree..risk of injury has to be forgotten..he's NOT injury-prone

..and Manning's whole game is timing. he's got to play a whole game soemtimes or at least 3 1/2 quarters

Hopefully he'll play as long as possible. The guy hasn't played against real opposition for far too long...should be interesting seeing him against the Bears.

I'm hearing one series or two/..

but, unless it rains (which is a possibility) I think he'll play most of the first half...

he's got to get to know the first string in live play...

Okay. Its time.. 'Return of the old country boy'

The first question is: How much does Peyton Manning play?

You dont want to risk injury but he's never played with these teammates.

He'l play in all four pre-season games. he has to.

One half?

10 to 12 plays according to link sent by my family in Denver converted tp peyton Freaks ( I find that dissapointing )

http://www.denverpos...bears-preseason

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

also to all who havent seen this I wrote to a new friend in an answer

My Friend, Let me make this clear, I have & will always be a Colt fan that grew up and stayed with them since the 50/s with Unitas

I do love Peyton as I am sure many on this board do, but they are here for as rightfully so ,for the Colts its Colts forum

I will never stop following the Colts, I will never stop following Peyton,

U dont know the various medical issues I am facing with myself and my Mother as the Colt Forum people for the most part do

As their are so many others who will write about Colt issues, and my time is super critical to me & mom , I am rarely posting on Colt stuff ( though peruse whats interesting for my review when can ) as so many do post the latest Colt News, but as I get links from Denver relatives If I have the time I will try to squeeze in early AM said Info for those still interested

When this site first went up I posted many daily as have in past versions of the forum , but again there are so many that do and with my limited free time now I only do when find something truly compelling

Or just to get away on Misc Discussions when need a break from my daily responsibilities

SEE Regarding Current Mom issues, besides Brain tumor, COPD, recent hip sugery, age 94 etc

http://forums.colts....-i-am-not-here/

If ever want details on my medical issues , way more than u can imagine , just ask in PM ( know though with all I have I am thankful as their are others who are worse off and others worse off than them , there is always someone worse off so take stock of what u have , be positive and move forward as best u can

Regards Barry

but, unless it rains (which is a possibility) I think he'll play most of the first half...

One series! :hmm: If that's the case, then he's not going to knock the rust off. Playing the majority of the first half would be in his best interest, so he can get used to the speed of the game again lol.

Elway said 2-3 series. I guess all depends on how it goes. So much intrigue I can hardly stand it!

I heard an interview by Fox or Peyton, and apparently if all goes well on first series it may j just that, if there are 3 & outs then maybe more

I read somewhere that either Manning or Fox said that he will likely player a bit more than normal for a player of his magnitude.

I would say at least 3 drives in each game. Quite possibly into the 3rd quarter in game 3. Maybe fewer drives in game 4.

Elway said 2-3 series. I guess all depends on how it goes. So much intrigue I can hardly stand it!

One series! :hmm: If that's the case, then he's not going to knock the rust off. Playing the majority of the first half would be in his best interest, so he can get used to the speed of the game again lol.

Fox said that typically in the first preseason game, the starters play "some of the first quarter,"

the second team plays for the second and third quarters and the third-string players finish out the game. He doesn't expect Thursday's plan to stray far from that strategy

“Whatever Coach Fox wants to do, I’m good with,” Manning said.

“Offensively, when we’re in there, we just like to put some kind of execution together. We’d love to get a drive or two going. I’ve always said you love to get a bit of everything in the preseason if you can. You love to get some short-yardage work, some third-down conversions, (and) you get some red-zone (and) goal-line. In all four games, if you can get all the situations that we work on out here, that would be ideal. So, however long we play, or whatever Coach Fox wants to do, we’re good with. We just need to play well when we’re out there.”

As a veteran in the league, Manning said he looks at the preseason as a whole, grouping all four games together when evaluating his and his team's progress entering the regular season. Still, he recognizes that each individual preseason contest helps shape the roster

"It’s serious business out there on Thursday," Manning said. "There’s jobs being competed for, there’s jobs that people are trying to keep. That’s where all of us have something to play for. Sure, you want to win the game, but everybody’s competing, trying to do their jobs well."

']http://www.denverbro...1d-8b0d1f8e52fb

10 to 12 plays according to this other link also sent by my family in Denver converted tp peyton Freaks ( I find that dissapointing )

http://www.denverpos...bears-preseason

Tonight, he will get one or two drives in Chicago for his first preseason game.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/8/9/3230655/peyton-manning-returns-to-football-tonight

I would have manning play the whole first half too if it was me. He'll want to play so why not let him get the rust off against a good bears D.

Urlacher is not playing, Peyton had said a few weeks back he welcomes getting tackled by him to show he's physically sound or something like that

Looks good, I have a question about that back Pilon throw though, I dont know if Manning lifted that back foot to put a little bit more on that throw to try to get a little extra on that ball or that was a mechanics issue other then that looks alright