Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brett Favre would take Robert Griffin III first

CR91

Why's he dumb?

Not everyone is going to prefer Luck over Griffin. There are going to be some who prefer Griffin to Luck. And Favre did play for how long? So, maybe he sees things that the average fan doesn't see when it comes to these two.

Notice he didn't say anything negative about Luck. He likes Griffin's escapability (if that's a word?)

As a Luck fan, I try not to say anything bad about Griffin. I like him. If Luck had a come out a year early, or a year late, I think RG3 would be a member of the Colts. I think he's that good.

I just like the guy we got a whole lot better.

And I think Luck was the overwhelming choice among scouting director's and GM's. Works out well for both teams...

Luck is a great fit for Indy. Griffin is a great fit for Washington.

And they'll always be linked. Think of it as football's equivalent of Bird and Magic. I'd like that a lot!

Notice he didn't say anything negative about Luck. He likes Griffin's escapability (if that's a word?)

As a Luck fan, I try not to say anything bad about Griffin. I like him. If Luck had a come out a year early, or a year late, I think RG3 would be a member of the Colts. I think he's that good.

I just like the guy we got a whole lot better.

And I think Luck was the overwhelming choice among scouting director's and GM's. Works out well for both teams...

Luck is a great fit for Indy. Griffin is a great fit for Washington.

And they'll always be linked. Think of it as football's equivalent of Bird and Magic. I'd like that a lot!

Call me crazy, but I think if the Luck doesn't come out this year the Colts still have #18 under center.

Brett Favre please just disappear, vanish, & go away. You are an overrated pre Madonna who loves the limelight & media attention. Yes, you are a 1st ballot Hall Of Fame quarterback.

I could care less what you think the Colts should do. Just tend to your own marriage & be prepared to pay a large financial settlement in civil court for sexual harassment for that Jets employee you got too friendly with.

You are an arrogant individual who treated your starting position as an entitlement & said & I quote "It's not my job to tutor Aaron Rodgers. No one taught me or gave me anything." :facepalm:

Naturally, no franchise QB wants to lose their starting spot on the squad, but grow up Brett no one can stay on top forever. Have some grace & dignity in middle age please. Who cares what you think Brett? Poof. Just be gone already.

Obviously we all care what he thinks, after all we are sitting here commenting and discussing it, I fail to see how a Super Bowl winning quarterback who has the most touchdown passes and yards all time is overrated also Favre has a better career completion percentage 62 percent to Marinos 59.4 (strangely enough), is 12 and 9 in the playoffs, Marino is 8 and 10, I fail to see the reason for the dislike for Favre by so many people, based on him wanting to not wanting to retire, last I checked he did lead those teams he played for after green bay into the playoffs (Jets and Vikings 1nce each)

Maybe. You could be right. But I think the decision was made at the time it was based on the info at the time. And at the time it wasn't clear that Manning would return to 100%. And to commit that kind of money without being certain on Manning's future seems too dangerous. So, I'm guessing it would have been RG3.

But, again, you could be right. It just feels like this opinion of Manning is based on his health NOW, not his health back in early March.

Obviously we all care what he thinks, after all we are sitting here commenting and discussing it, I fail to see how a Super Bowl winning quarterback who has the most touchdown passes and yards all time is overrated also Favre has a better career completion percentage 62 percent to Marinos 59.4 (strangely enough), is 12 and 9 in the playoffs, Marino is 8 and 10, I fail to see the reason for the dislike for Favre by so many people, based on him wanting to not wanting to retire, last I checked he did lead those teams he played for after green bay into the playoffs (Jets and Vikings 1nce each)

Gavin, I live in WI. I say Brett Favre in all his glory & turnover splendor. :sarcasm: No one is questioning his intellect & playing ability.

But, there is a fine line between confidence & arrogance & Favre more that blurred that distorted line many times. Sure, anyone can comment on the RG3/Luck QB debate including Favre. The difference is the overwhelming compulsion to do so to maintain one's recognition, fame, & relevancy on Farve's part IMO.

Gavin, I live in WI. I say Brett Favre in all his glory & turnover splendor. :sarcasm: No one is questioning his intellect & playing ability.

But, there is a fine line between confidence & arrogance & Favre more that blurred that distorted line many times. Sure, anyone can comment on the RG3/Luck QB debate including Favre. The difference is the overwhelming compulsion to do so to maintain one's recognition, fame, & relevancy on Farve's part IMO.

Perhaps but we dont know who went to who on the interview, media to favre or favre to media, then again this is the age of all kinds of ways of communication

But to further drive my point home, Peyton was in a large sense the same way in regards to his competitive nature and even arrogance, remember he did mention he would kick our *** for the next so many years if we didnt pick him, my point has nothing to do with Manning I just used that as an example, Brett was arrogant at times along with many other athletes, but unlike so many athletes, Manning and Favre backed it up

But to further drive my point home, Peyton was in a large sense the same way in regards to his competitive nature and even arrogance, remember he did mention he would kick our *** for the next so many years if we didnt pick him, my point has nothing to do with Manning I just used that as an example, Brett was arrogant at times along with many other athletes, but unlike so many athletes, Manning and Favre backed it up

While it is true that Peyton has quiet confidence & is very competitive too, I respectfully beg to differ with you Gavin my friend about the dignity, respect, & honor that Peyton carries himself with vs. Brett Favre. Peyton is mindful of NFL tradition & history paying homage to Johnny Unitas via replica footware & shoes on 1 occasion, never challenging the authority of coaches i.e. Jim Caldwell sitting all the veterans down during the Jets game in 2009, & being reluctant to wear a #18 jersey in Denver until the retired player gave him permission. Brett, on the other hand, held the Green Bay franchise hostage in his annual, flip flop retirement circus.

Once Peyton decides to hang it up for good, there will be no surprises, no gimmicks, no "all about me" antics. Yes, both field generals in question did delivery a Championship to their city & consistent Playoff runs no doubt.

I respect you a great deal Gavin & I enjoy reading all your You Tube posts, blogs, & personal commentaries my friend. Keep it UP!!!

Clearly Brett Favre is a genius ;)

Thanks RGIII. I needed a belly roll laugh tonight & you provided it right on cue. Thank you. rotflmao:spit::thmup:

He will make your franchise flourish very quickly IMO. But, I believe INDY made the right decision choosing Luck. Besides, I want the Redskins to demolish Dallas anyway. :applause:

your a texan fan. you gotta hope that luck is gonna suck

Yeah well "your" a Colts fan and you gotta hope he's awesome. Oh but let me guess you have the power of foresight and you already know he will be...don't you? :rolleyes:

Actually, I want both the Texans & Colts to do well. I prefer tight division rivalries that are evenly matched like the Steelers & Ravens. Lopsided games never thrill me like 4th Qtr clutch games do.

The Texans will win the AFC South for the next 2 seasons.

While it is true that Peyton has quiet confidence & is very competitive too, I respectfully beg to differ with you Gavin my friend about the dignity, respect, & honor that Peyton carries himself with vs. Brett Favre. Peyton is mindful of NFL tradition & history paying homage to Johnny Unitas via replica footware & shoes on 1 occasion, never challenging the authority of coaches i.e. Jim Caldwell sitting all the veterans down during the Jets game in 2009, & being reluctant to wear a #18 jersey in Denver until the retired player gave him permission. Brett, on the other hand, held the Green Bay franchise hostage in his annual, flip flop retirement circus.

Once Peyton decides to hang it up for good, there will be no surprises, no gimmicks, no "all about me" antics. Yes, both field generals in question did delivery a Championship to their city & consistent Playoff runs no doubt.

I respect you a great deal Gavin & I enjoy reading all your You Tube posts, blogs, & personal commentaries my friend. Keep it UP!!!

Im not gonna get into the Luck,RGIII debate we made our choice and i think they are both very talented,but on that note i think our protection will be fine,when it breaks down Luck has athletic ability to escape IMO.Now on Brett he does everything to get the presses attention,has a need to be in the limelight,Peyton on the other hand has class proves it on and off the field,and is the limelight even if he doesnt want to be its just fate and a real true sign of greatness,he is not a Legend in his own mind.He just strive to be the best he can be,and make everyone around him the same.I agree with you my Brother and the difference here is CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not gonna get into the Luck,RGIII debate we made our choice and i think they are both very talented,but on that note i think our protection will be fine,when it breaks down Luck has athletic ability to escape IMO.Now on Brett he does everything to get the presses attention,has a need to be in the limelight,Peyton on the other hand has class proves it on and off the field,and is the limelight even if he doesnt want to be its just fate and a real true sign of greatness,he is not a Legend in his own mind.He just strive to be the best he can be,and make everyone around him the same.I agree with you my Brother and the difference here is CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you fail to remember Peyton actually considered the Titans and met with them? I cant say he didnt want to stick it to the Colts when he considered them, I also cant say he wanted to. As for the Brett Favre deal, this is the age of communication from all sorts of ways also when he is statistically the greatest quarterback of all time to this point then your going to get noticed no matter where you go, what you say, and I will also say that when your a former athlete of the caliber of Brett Favre, everything you say is going to get looked at and broken down word for word and judged. I will say that a couple times he has come off as sounding bitter about the Green Bay deal but I wonder if he got pushed out. The NFL is a business so I wouldnt doubt it, I dont know of course.

Yes, yes, we all know you somehow think Favre is better than Peyton, Brady, and Montana. He has the most TDs and yards all time yes, however, he also has the most INT too... He is Drew Brees with more picks. Gaudy stats because of a good team around him. He isn't in the same class as Peyton or others.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/18707683/warren-moon-on-andrew-luck-no-weaknesses?tag=contentMain;contentBody

He was right about Newton and what he says about Andrew Luck bodes well for Luck. Moon, like he did with Newton last year, has been tutoring Luck. Moon thinks the Colts are getting a player that "doesn't have any weaknesses. None."

"Here's the thing about Andrew that people need to realize," Moon said in an interview. "He does things better than almost any prospect I've ever seen. Does he do anything out of this world? No. But he does everything really well. Few quarterbacks actually can do that.

"What I mean is does he have that John Elway arm? No, but it's really close. Does he have that Mike Vick 4.4 speed? No, but he runs a 4.6. Is he going to be running over people every play like Tim Tebow? No, but he's just as tough. He does all those things and that makes him very dangerous."

Moon added: "It seems like nothing bothers Andrew because he's so mentally tough. Nothing fazes him. He never shows any type of panic. It was the same way with Cam."

Yes, yes, we all know you somehow think Favre is better than Peyton, Brady, and Montana. He has the most TDs and yards all time yes, however, he also has the most INT too... He is Drew Brees with more picks. Gaudy stats because of a good team around him. He isn't in the same class as Peyton or others.

Who would you consider the greatest of all time?

Who would you consider the greatest of all time?

It is a matter of personal opinion by many...and you can argue several QBs to be the best.

I seem to go back to Joe Montana as time goes on more and more. Just so darn smooth...Say what you want about talent around him at times and yes I know it is a team sport...I know all of it and have heard all of it.

But, Montana was just a flat out winner, as cliche as it sounds to say.

He is pretty much the Michael Jordan of the NFL.

I think I am a sucker for these old videos with corny music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3AR6kctf1E

I loved watching Peyton for years and he certainly is 1 of the greatest of all time but seeing as how he isnt tops in any statistical passing all time category and has 1 ring (although if we had a better defense all those years he would probably have at least 1 more ring) I cant say hes the greatest yet, and really throw the rings argument out if you want thats a team achievement, he will come close to all those records and if he breaks 1-2 then I will say he is the greatest of all time, once again I loved watching him for years, he carried us for years, but even that dont make him the greatest, other quarterbacks have carried there teams, Drew Brees for one and he certainly isn't the greatest