Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.j. Houshmandzadeh Though Visiting Patriots, Reportedly Wants To Sign With Colts

bayone

Over the weekend, rumor spread that 'Housh' was undecided between the Colts and Vikings. He apparently wants to play for the Colts, but the Vikings are offering more money (a pretty obvious ploy to get the Colts to up their offer, me thinks).

According to Smith, the Colts almost had Housh, but the Vikings swooped in and made a bigger offer. The Vikings did this earlier this month with Charlie Johnson, who very much wanted to re-sign with the Colts.

Today, we also have news that Houshmandzadeh is visiting and working out for the Patriots. I guess New England decided to up the Vikes' offer.

It's worth noting that before the Colts signed Tommie Harris, he visited and worked out for the Patriots. The other thing to note about New England is that Chad Ochocinco is on their roster. Chad and T.J. formed an impressive receiving duo in Cincinnati back in the late-2000s.

THIS IS A STMAPEDE BLUE UPDATE

My link

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, not to be rude here, but have the people who are wanting this to happen just not been paying attention the past 3/4 years? This guys done nothing for the past two teams he's on and I don't see any indication he's going to do anything now.

So, not to be rude here, but have the people who are wanting this to happen just not been paying attention the past 3/4 years? This guys done nothing for the past two teams he's on and I don't see any indication he's going to do anything now.

peyton manning turned blair white and tamme into fantasy kings. anything is possible. :cheer:

i wonder when winning games will take precedence over money. :rollseyes:

That's already happened once and that team became the most hated team in the country.

Anyways, if Housh looks good in workouts I wouldn't mind getting him just so the Patriots don't get another player they like. Low risk possibly good reward.

well which one is it: is he a big name receiver or is he washed up who wasnt had a good season since 2008? im confused.

Ummm, he's both. Being a big name does not equate to being good. It means at one point you were good enough for people to know your name and associate you with being good. That doesn't mean you are still good

The news about Collie's knee, along with the memories of our thin receiving corps from last season still fresh in mind, we're going to have to make a move. I know he's on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't produced for some years now, BUT.... do we really want to sign an UDFA to provide depth over a viable former pro-bowler?

Which is exactly whats going to happen if we don't sign someone soon. If we stand around scratchin our rears, our new back-up receiver is going to be Slim Pickens WR from Bumfudge State.

Just saw going around twitter a rumor that the Colts agreed to a 1 year deal with Terrell Ownes, it was proven false, but I feel something is about to happen. First Moss, then Houshmandzadeh, and now TO?

Why do you guys not want him? he stunk because he was in a west coast "o" with a very not pass happy team. if he went to the colts he'd have a pretty good season, probably not one hundred yards but he'd have austin collie numbers

I agree with that 100%, i think he'd do great here.

Yeah the patriots never win lol

If you go to Indy for less or NE for more, its pretty easy choice imo. NE has as good or better chance to win it all and you get more $$.

new england has only got out of the first round of the playoffs once since losing the superbowl to the giants and that was because they had a first round bye.

If the Colts were to release Gonzo for some reason then signing TJ would make more sense. I really don't understand why he'd want to come here, I think he'd want to be the #2 guy atleast.

I think there is some report that Peyton and him played in the pro-bowl a couple of years ago and just really hit it off and really liked playing with each other (that sounds really bad). Also if I were a WR in the NFL trying to extend your career or jump start your career like TJ is you could do a lot worse than having Peyton Manning as your QB.

Even with Collie in the slot I still consider him our # 2.

You can, teams in the NFL don't which is why Collie get's so open. Teams focus on taking away Wayne and then Clark and in some cases Clark and then Wayne. Heck even on the Colts depth chart Garcon is really the number 2 WR because he plays the outside but make no mistake both Garcon and Collie benefit form the coverage that Wayne and Clark draw. That doesn't mean they aren't good players in their own right but part of the reason they get so open is they have the other teams third CB at best on them.

The news about Collie's knee, along with the memories of our thin receiving corps from last season still fresh in mind, we're going to have to make a move. I know he's on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't produced for some years now, BUT.... do we really want to sign an UDFA to provide depth over a viable former pro-bowler?

Which is exactly whats going to happen if we don't sign someone soon. If we stand around scratchin our rears, our new back-up receiver is going to be Slim Pickens WR from Bumfudge State.

you mean blair white??? lolol

What I don't want is a WR controversy or problems in the locker room because too many players want the ball. Gonzo, last year, had a gripe that he felt he didn't get a chance to compete for the #2 or 3 spot. His gripe didn't have a leg to stand on after his injury so the issue kinda died.

You can, teams in the NFL don't which is why Collie get's so open. Teams focus on taking away Wayne and then Clark and in some cases Clark and then Wayne. Heck even on the Colts depth chart Garcon is really the number 2 WR because he plays the outside but make no mistake both Garcon and Collie benefit form the coverage that Wayne and Clark draw. That doesn't mean they aren't good players in their own right but part of the reason they get so open is they have the other teams third CB at best on them.

Well, generally Wayne is drawing the defense's best defender and the nickel back (should be anyway, unless they want a LB to get torched)over Clark leaving Collie with a dime back or a safety (or, a LB in the best case scenario for us). I mean, I'm not sure what more a team is supposed to do when they're forced to dig so deep in to the depth of their secondary to deal with the guys the Colts can put on the field.

I was sitting around talking with a friend at work about the Houshzindondi thing and thought of Favre's last couple of years in GB when they were running 5 wide. Reggie, Garcon, Collie, Gonzo or Clark, Houshflewpinata...or heck, replace TJ with Clark/Gonzo in the event he isn't signed. Still more than formidable, and on paper it almost seems unfair. lol

What I don't want is a WR controversy or problems in the locker room because too many players want the ball. Gonzo, last year, had a gripe that he felt he didn't get a chance to compete for the #2 or 3 spot. His gripe didn't have a leg to stand on after his injury so the issue kinda died.

I think Peyton can handle any issue like that by simply saying "if you get open I'll throw you the ball so if you want the ball player better." The Colts are good at handling these types of issues because they reward the players who play well by playing them so if you aren't getting attention you think you should the Colts really just put it back on you to play better.

Well, generally Wayne is drawing the defense's best defender and the nickel back (should be anyway, unless they want a LB to get torched)over Clark leaving Collie with a dime back or a safety (or, a LB in the best case scenario for us). I mean, I'm not sure what more a team is supposed to do when they're forced to dig so deep in to the depth of their secondary to deal with the guys the Colts can put on the field.

I was sitting around talking with a friend at work about the Houshzindondi thing and thought of Favre's last couple of years in GB when they were running 5 wide. Reggie, Garcon, Collie, Gonzo or Clark, Houshflewpinata...or heck, replace TJ with Clark/Gonzo in the event he isn't signed. Still more than formidable, and on paper it almost seems unfair. lol

Yep Clark has made a career of getting those miss matches. With that said, last year before he got hurt teams were starting to cover Clark with their DBs, Denver and Washington both putting their number one guy on Clark because they felt he was that important to take away.

Yep Clark has made a career of getting those miss matches. With that said, last year before he got hurt teams were starting to cover Clark with their DBs, Denver and Washington both putting their number one guy on Clark because they felt he was that important to take away.

I don't recall Champ ever covering Dallas in that game, you sure? I know Dawkins did for a few series though. I'm assuming Deangelo Hall would've been considered the Redskins #1 last year but I can't really recall in that game so I'll concede that one.

I do agree that he is that important, however. 100%

I don't recall Champ ever covering Dallas in that game, you sure? I know Dawkins did for a few series though. I'm assuming Deangelo Hall would've been considered the Redskins #1 last year but I can't really recall in that game so I'll concede that one.

I do agree that he is that important, however. 100%

I might have been someone other than the Redskins, I just recall two teams doing it early last season and you have been hearing more and more teams saying stoping the Colts offense starts with taking away Dallas Clark and doing more and more things to try to take him away. They point being that I think you agree with me on is that Wayne and Clark get the most attention in our offense and more than Garcon or Collie gets. It doesn't mean Garcon and Collie aren't good players, I think Collie will be a super star Wes Walker type guy if he can stay healthy, it just means we have other players around them.

I might have been someone other than the Redskins, I just recall two teams doing it early last season and you have been hearing more and more teams saying stoping the Colts offense starts with taking away Dallas Clark and doing more and more things to try to take him away. They point being that I think you agree with me on is that Wayne and Clark get the most attention in our offense and more than Garcon or Collie gets. It doesn't mean Garcon and Collie aren't good players, I think Collie will be a super star Wes Walker type guy if he can stay healthy, it just means we have other players around them.

I definitely agree. I recall BB saying something to that effect last season before annual Colts v. Pats extravaganza.

I do think Collie is capable of making coaches second guess that decision, we'll see this season so long as he doesn't go out and get his head knocked off again.

I accused someone of fearing the Pats too much yesterday but it would almost be worth it just so the Pats can't have him. But then again its still over kill. Blair White would have to go and Gonzo would have to be holding down the bench even when healthy. But if anyone gets hurt then its a great signing. This is frustrating! I can't decide if it would be a good signing!!!!