Colts Trade Gronkowski to Broncos For Vaughn [Merge]

Case

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found this from a broncos site.

VAUGHN AT A GLANCE:

• A second-year cornerback who saw time in 13 games (0 starts) in 2010 after becoming the 12th rookie college free agent to make the Broncos’ roster out of training camp since 1997.

• Totaled three tackles on defense in addition to five stops and two fumble recoveries on special teams in 2010.

• Returned two kickoffs for 125 yards (62.5 avg.) in 2010, including a 97-yard kickoff return for a touchdown vs. San Diego (1/2/11) that marked the third-longest such play in team history and the second-longest by an undrafted rookie in NFL history.

• Played all 50 possible career games in four seasons at the University of Mississippi, where he posted 152 tackles (107 solo), five interceptions (57 yds.), 20 pass breakups and two forced fumbles.

• Tied for seventh in the Southeastern Conference with 13 pass breakups as a senior for the Rebels while adding 56 tackles (44 solo) on the year.

• Entered the NFL with the Broncos as a college free agent on April 30, 2010.

Isn't our former FB Chris Gronkowski the guy that missed the blitz block that led to Romo's collar bone being broken and being out for the season? I wonder what Peyton feels about that now that he is on the Broncos :).

Cassius Vaughn has the size and speed to play outside and compete with Kevin Thomas, IMO. Rucker, I always felt, had more Marlin Jackson in him, that he would play nickel and run support inside. Good move, I like it. We may, like GoColts said, start him off in nickel and dime situations. He was lost in a numbers game over there in Denver, IMO. Reviews were mixed about him in coverage.

With Champ, Tracy Porter, Drayton Florence as CBs on the roster plus Omar Bolden drafted and last year's CB contributor Harris playing well for the Broncos, it was a trade they probably felt they could afford.

Personally, we needed the CB more than they needed a FB, IMO. Good trade, IMO!!! Props to Grigson!!! :)

He's not the same guy as Chip Vaughn is he? The guy that we cut after he kept getting those stupid penalties in the preseason last year or the year before? I think he might have been a safety though

Cassius Vaughn is who we picked up Chips real name is Clarence