Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA

Playoffs2013

DFree will be on his, what 12th year? Powers needs to play a full season before anyone is going to give him more than we'd offer.

Everyone on that list (besides Freeney) is easily replaceable. Should D Brown be on that list?

Looks like very little drama next year.

DFree will be on his, what 12th year? Powers needs to play a full season before anyone is going to give him more than we'd offer.

Everyone on that list (besides Freeney) is easily replaceable. Should D Brown be on that list?

Looks like very little drama next year.

Thats what i thought too but when i looked it up it said no, but then again they spelled gaffeny wrong

I'm worried about the price for Freeney

Unless he proves invaluable to the new system, time to go to some new blood to fill that position. We're coming out from underneath several mammoth contracts. Perhaps his is one to relieve ourselves of?

Unless he proves invaluable to the new system, time to go to some new blood to fill that position. We're coming out from underneath several mammoth contracts. Perhaps his is one to relieve ourselves of?

I dont think we will be resigned unless we get a lower first round pick then expected because then we can draft jarvis jones or sam motgomery

I dont think he will be resigned unless we get a lower first round pick then expected because then we can draft jarvis jones or sam motgomery

Well....I don't want to start playing the 'Who to replace Freeney with' game this early. Suffice to say, we'll probably be looking to replace him with someone. Maybe Polian's shame, Jerry Hughes, will prove his value in the new system? Not holding my breath on that one, though.

Brown has two years left. Freeney will be a big questionmark. He will get a big offer from someone. I doubt it is us. It will be up to him if he wants to leave. Collie and Powers should be restricted free agents so I'm not concerned. We just stick tags on them like 2nd round tenders and we get a pick if someone takes them. No problem. Freeney will be the concern. We actually have lots of guys that will be free agents. Bigger than your list. Donnie Avery is another but clearly he isn't a contributer yet.

Well....I don't want to start playing the 'Who to replace Freeney with' game this early. Suffice to say, we'll probably be looking to replace him with someone. Maybe Polian's shame, Jerry Hughes, will prove his value in the new system? Not holding my breath on that one, though.

im pretty sure Hughes can be great LOL just alomost peed myself with that one :lol:

next year we will be in position to lose several FA including

J. Powers

A. Collie

P.McAfee

D. Freeney

J. Rietz

J. Linkenback

J. Snow

Several are Key contributers

Powers,Collie,Pat and hopefully Snow so he can break record.Since they signed Overton though not for sure.The rest are replaceable.Even Powers if he has a bad year,time to start getting talent and let go of the ones we like.Liking a player does not get the job done if he has no talent.

Powers,Collie,Pat and hopefully Snow so he can break record.Since they signed Overton though not for sure.The rest are replaceable.Even Powers if he has a bad year,time to start getting talent and let go of the ones we like.Liking a player does not get the job done if he has no talent.

never said keep them

just pointing it out

Well, there WAS the NFC West (pre-Harbaugh)... :rolleyes:

And now there is the AFC south... :)

We actually have lots of guys that will be free agents. Bigger than your list.

Don't forget Drew Stanton. Gotta resign Drew Stanton.

I had to ask this question.

If the Saints came forward and offered us a 3rd round pick for Freeney with their pass rush issues and Will Smith suspension, would you take the offer? If they sweetened it with a 3rd and 6th, would that be more acceptable?

If the Saints came forward and offered us a 3rd round pick for Freeney with their pass rush issues and Will Smith suspension, would you take the offer? If they sweetened it with a 3rd and 6th, would that be more acceptable?

They don't have the money...and I would take just a 3rd rounder. More than likely we would have to accept a contract in return to balance the cap issues for them. That said...I don't think we are moving Freeney AT ALL. We didn't draft a replacement and we would be really weak on defense without someone to fill those shoes. If we had drafted Upshaw or someone that would be different.

i think unless A. Collie has a pro bowl type year with no health issues he will be gone next year. we drafted two small speedsters and next year i don't see how we don't take a bigger target, leaving our WR core away over manned. so that leaves Collie on the outside looking in.

Eh......Powers, Collie and McAfee are the only ones I would consider resigning. Looks like we won't be losing much.

Losing Freeney will likely get us a 4th round supplemental pick or maybe a 3rd round supplemental pick.

I am a big fan of Freeney but I don't want to us to be spending $30 million or 40 million for another 3 years of service from an aging pass rusher. Here's hoping some young free agents that fit what we are doing become available in 2013. With the cap likely to inch up a bit more and all the cap space we will have, we should grab an impact guy or two next year.

J. Powers

A. Collie

P.McAfee

D. Freeney

J. Rietz

J. Linkenback

J. Snow

I don't believe the loss of any/or all of the above would be bad for the team with the possible exception of Pat McAfee.

I would take the 3rd and 6th, if they included the 6th round pick but I would be make an issue out of it. The 3rd pick would be fair value imo.

J. Powers

A. Collie

P.McAfee

D. Freeney

J. Rietz

J. Linkenback

J. Snow

Number one on my list to keep is McAfee, don't see them letting him go and shouldn't be that expensive to keep.

Powers and Collie I both like and again not expensive, have to see how they fair this year with new QB, performance and injury issues. Can see both having a great year and hope it happens and they stay.

Snow has a lot of years in, if we don't keep him I would see him retiring, wouldn't upset me or wow me either way.

Think this will be Freeneys last hurrah due to the issue of money. Unless he proves to be super great and phenomenal with new setup, regardless I am afraid the age and expecially the money issue will be his downfall at staying a Colt.