Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Pick Tim Fugger (DE)

Andy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great another Defense player. I like this pick we needed help on the defense. I also liked the last pick as well. The RB had be head scratching. But I have faith in Grigs, Pags, and Irsay. Unlike Polian whoever it was the eldest or the youngest drafting in the past few years. I can't wait until the draft grades comes out. I think the Colts will get a pretty good grade. Now lets hit the FA market see if we can get some veteran talents.

No it's not because Carter is getting a good amount of snaps. It's not like he's never seeing the field.

if your not on the starting 11 that means your 2nd on the depth chart which means your backing up somebody.doesnt mean your not getting a good amount of playing time just means your behind somebody on a depth chart

if your not on the starting 11 that means your 2nd on the depth chart which means your backing up somebody.doesnt mean your not getting a good amount of playing time just means your behind somebody on a depth chart

They'll be sharing snaps... it's not really backing up. We have two meanings of backing up, but I see them as sharing snaps. A backup is a player that plays behind a guy, rarely or never sees the field and only goes in when the guy is injured. That's not Carter.

They'll be sharing snaps... it's not really backing up. We have two meanings of backing up, but I see them as sharing snaps. A backup is a player that plays behind a guy, rarely or never sees the field and only goes in when the guy is injured. That's not Carter.

Come on, Andy. If you're not a starter, you're a backup. The only positions this is bendable for is slot receiver/tight end/fullback, which are situational positions. But on the depth chart, Brown will be #1, and Carter will be #2. He's a backup running back.

It appears to me that the Brain Trust is taking what they believe to be BPA within a priority stucture of importance. They are systematically creating depth within each aspect of the defense, pass, and run attack. They're just getting to defense and looks like CB/S will be last in line.

thats not backing up what you talking about thats desperation lol...its like a basketball team you dont play with the same 5 the whole game no you use your backups..if your not backing up somebody your starting or not playing at all you wouldnt call Tebow a starter(for now) no he is the back up

What am I missing? I'm looking at a draft guide with 889 players evaluated, and he's not one of them. NFL.com itself doesn't even give him a grade. Did we really need to use a draft pick to get him?

Come on, Andy. If you're not a starter, you're a backup. The only positions this is bendable for is slot receiver/tight end/fullback, which are situational positions. But on the depth chart, Brown will be #1, and Carter will be #2. He's a backup running back.

thats not backing up what you talking about thats desperation lol...its like a basketball team you dont play with the same 5 the whole game no you use your backups..if your not backing up somebody your starting or not playing at all you wouldnt call Tebow a starter(for now) no he is the back up

Well, then he's a backup that's getting quite a bit of snaps. Either way, we're arguing over nothing.

we have a good trio of cb's that will play much better under chuck pagano's hybrid defense. powers,thomas,rucker are all great in man coverage but we used them wrong last year.

Thomas is terrible in man, and this new scheme requires CBs a lot more.

Thomas is terrible in man, and this new scheme requires CBs a lot more.

how do you know he didnt even get a fair chance Jim Caldwell just threw him in the fire towards the end of the season..He deserves a fair shot this year along with Rucker if they dont show flashes in preseason then you can judge him but at least give him a fair chance

how do you know he didnt even get a fair chance Jim Caldwell just threw him in the fire towards the end of the season..He deserves a fair shot this year along with Rucker if they dont show flashes in preseason then you can judge him but at least give him a fair chance

How is wanting a CB in the 7th not giving our CBs a fair chance?

Thanks. I found info on him online - including the online version of my draft guide - but still. Apparently he was utterly ignored by everyone until his pro-day in late March, by which point the draft guide had already gone to press. Lots of players slide up/down in the last few weeks of the draft season, but for somebody to come from completely off the radar and warrant a draft pick is pretty bizarre.

He looks like a very good special teamer. I don't see him really being an answer at OLB...can we work him into the middle? IDK

Seems like he would be better size wise as a ILB. IDK if he is strong enough or big enough to really be effective rushing the passer. Maybe others have a better perspective of the kid.