Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Dolphins post game thread

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

How does a receiver have success when the QB is struggling and trying to learn how to play his position. Pierce will be waisted in the meantime.

Agreed. I am talking about the TE position and even with Flacco in their. They are under utilized for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Agreed. I am talking about the TE position and even with Flacco in their. They are under utilized for whatever reason.

I agree, all we hear about is how the TE position is young QB’s best friend.  But for some reason, either Steichen is not game planning for them or AR just doesn’t look their way.  🤷

I can care less about a week 7 against the dolphins. I want to see a future and I want the 4th overall pick to start showing something. I’d gladly take a loss today if Richardson looked competent. Instead, he looks like he’ll be unemployed in 1.5 years. Very discouraging stuff.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If some people think AR is a bust what does that make Will Levis chuckling homer simpson GIF

It makes him a bust as well. They will both be backups (maybe) in the near future

• Like 2

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

I can care less about a week 7 against the dolphins. I want to see a future and I want the 4th overall pick to start showing something. I’d gladly take a loss today if Richardson looked competent. Instead, he looks like he’ll be unemployed in 1.5 years. Very discouraging stuff.

That's your opinion, I just want to win. I don't care if we win 10-9.

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

It makes him a bust as well. They will both be backups (maybe) in the near future

AR is better than Levis and Young. 

2 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Based on what?

keep in mind, I was anti-draft AR on draft night and all off season last year. But I see gradual improvements. Enough to where I’m no where near ready to call this kid a bust. Health is my primary concern. He stays healthy and continues to show improvements in areas of weakness, that’ll equal success at some point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ummm the Dolphins have the BEST overall DEFENSE in the league and the best pass defense as well. Infact, coming into this game, they’ve allowed less than 25 percent on 3rd down and held QBs to the lowest QBR in the league, Tennessee is no where near as good. 

Did I say it was the same? I said the game probably would be similar bc of good secondary play on both squads and similar circumstances with us not having Taylor once again. I know for sure Flacco would have put up more than 16 points and the ball movement would have been better. Ant got gifted some field position on one of the TD also due to Dolphins turnovers. His legs had little to do with it. Not that I wanted Flacco to start though.

A win is a win  so you take that.  But anyone thinking this team is any way remotely above average is delusional imo.

They have barely beaten 3 terrible teams and gotten beaten by a horrible team.  The Colts may be the most mundane team with a winning record in the history of the NFL. 

The next 5 weeks they play 4 of the best teams...and offenses...in the league.   And the 5th team is no slouch either in the Jets.  If the colts win 1 of those games I will consider that a step forward.  But the fact is they will not win any playing the way they did today or the way they have the past few weeks.

Watch how Detroit and Minni and Buffalo and Houston play.   The Colts are going to be demolished if they continue to play the way they have been.   Their overall play...especially by AR....needs to improve 98%.  Night and day between these teams playing level right now compared to the Colts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Realistically, I want us to go get a playmaking tight end.  I think that’s our weakest position group offensively.  Having that tight end that can always get open for developing qb is very crucial, and we don’t have one.  I saw someone mention him but mark andrews would be a good option.

Now my dream would be to trade for max Crosby or baker.  I think a line of latu-Stewart-buck-Crosby would be absolutely insane.  And I know Ballard likes his guys but Blackmon and baker as starting safeties is very legit.  Other than that, think we could use an upgrade at LB.  

I listened to a podcast a week ago and it was entirely devoted to the suggestion that Kyle Pitts is reportedly available and the Colts would be interested if he was.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah it's odd as they all cannot be busts 

I think it’s more they’re being asked to block more than play receiver. But they did target Cox and Mallory today and both made big catches. They were also open on a couple other plays but AR was being hit both times so that doesn’t help

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I like the Colts.  I like when the Colts win.  So I am not going to rip them when they win.  If people want to be overly negative have at it but I am not joining in it.  Note I didn’t say people can’t be negative, I said overly negative.

There is a big difference between being negative and being critical of  poor performance - even when you win.

Not a very interesting or aesthetically great game, but I will always take a boring win as opposed to an exciting loss. 

My thoughts...

- Good job by the defense (specifically Franklin, Olubi and Bryan) of forcing and/or recovering fumbles.  Those are probably the key plays of the game as combined they led to a 10 point swing in our favor.  

- AR was mostly meh today, but I thought he was a lot more accurate with throws starting with the last drive in the 1st half.  Hopefully, it is something to build on going into next week.  I am still not a huge fan of him playing "battering ram" on the some of the designed QB runs.  That stuff is playing with fire IMO and its only a matter of time he gets hurt again doing that.  

- I was not a huge fan of the play calling in the red zone on the drive which ended in a FG for us to go up 13-10.  Part of me wonders if Steichen is leery of ARs accuracy for the intermediate to short throws and especially in an area where the defenders are more condensed did not want to risk an INT in that situation.  

- If they are going to have any chance next week in Houston, a lot of areas need to be better and it starts with the offense.  Doing pretty much next to nothing for the 1st half until there is 30 seconds left is not going to cut it.  It was very similar to the GB game in that regard, except this time the defense did a decent job to keep us within striking distance and creating some turnovers for short fields, etc. 

48 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Based on what?

keep in mind, I was anti-draft AR on draft night and all off season last year. But I see gradual improvements. Enough to where I’m no where near ready to call this kid a bust. Health is my primary concern. He stays healthy and continues to show improvements in areas of weakness, that’ll equal success at some point. 

Well yea. Staying healthy and getting better is my whole point. It’s something he hasn’t done. I don’t know how you can watch his play today and have any semblance of confidence in this kid. I hope I’m wrong, but I think the kid is a diaster 

Just now, csmopar said:

He’s a bust

Except for those 3 pesky Super Bowl rings he owns

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

Well yea. Staying healthy and getting better is my whole point. It’s something he hasn’t done. I don’t know how you can watch his play today and have any semblance of confidence in this kid. I hope I’m wrong, but I think the kid is a diaster 

You may turn out to be right, but there’s a long way to go before we can make that decision.  I think he’s the youngest and least inexperienced QB in the league if you count college and pros.

So let’s not rush to judgment just yet.  

• Like 1