Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #7, Dolphins @ Colts, October 20, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Miami @ Colts  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Richardson is expected to play against the Dolphins. Keeping in mind that he is returning from injury, how many total yards passing and running do you expect from him?

• Less than 175
    • Between 175 and 250
    • over 250
  2. 2. Which statement best describes what you believe?

• Colts need to play the players that give them the best chance to win now.
    • The Colts should play their young players (Anthony Richardson, Alex Pierce, Latu, Mitchell, etc.) even if it is means losing games, as these players need to play to develop. (This is a year to develop players.)
  3. 3. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Dolphins
    • The game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2024 at 05:15 PM

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I agree they need a franchise QB. I never said it was Flacco but you act like we’re doomed if Flacco starts but we have a very high probability with AR of being in the same boat. We’ve got a lot of talent on this team that we are wasting by not being aggressive enough in finding our new QB either in the draft or via free agency.

We're not finding a franchise QB in free agency or via trade. That's not happening.

The only thing that matters is getting that franchise QB. Until we know we have that playing has-beens just to end up in the middle of the draft and out of reach of potential coming franchise QBs is quite frankly laughable.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s been since Jeff George that the Colts had franchise QB not work out.  A lot of Colts fans have never seen it and don’t know how to handle it.  I am not saying Richardson won’t work but at this point we’ve established he’s not Manning or Luck who showed you they were going to be the answer from the word go.  I mean both guys first passes, all be it pre-season games, were touchdowns.

I will say the Colts coaches aren’t doing Richardson any favors by trying to make him something he’s not but you have to find out if he’s the guy or not.  If he’s not Ballard and Shane are going to get fired anyways so you might as well find out.  Flacco is a slightly better version of Minshew and we saw what happened when teams figured out how to attack Minshew last year and we saw the Titans starting to expose Flacco’s short comings last week.  It would be one thing if I thought Flacco could win you a Super Bowl but the best case scenario with Flacco is getting into the playoffs and probably getting waxed and then moving on at season’s end and you are back to is Richardson the guys or not?

I’m with you on this.  Flacco may give us a better chance to win a few more games this year and MAYBE the playoffs. Still, we have to figure out if AR is a franchise QB.  That’s how you have a chance at a SB. I don’t think AR is the answer but the franchise is all in on him. You have to try and see if it pans out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

In the AFC this year? Yes we do have a chance with a competent QB.

Yeah I’m sure the Ravens, Bills, Texans, and Chiefs are quivering in fear of the thought of January Joe Flacco. I bet the all pray multiple times daily not to have to face that horror. I bet Andy Reid hasn’t slept since the season started out of sheer terror. 

Tired Over It GIF

• Like 1

Just now, basspapaw said:

Okay I'll say he looks better than flowers but why did it take so long for them to evaluate there corners sucked?

ballard being stubborn, but to be fair Jones hasn't been bad this season, hes actually been good all things considered

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

We're not finding a franchise QB in free agency or via trade. That's not happening.

The only thing that matters is getting that franchise QB. Until we know we have that playing has-beens just to end up in the middle of the draft and out of reach of potential coming franchise QBs is quite frankly laughable.

Free agency is a possibility. Not easy but still doable.

And teams in the middle have absolutely found their Franchise QB. Packers anc Chiefs are prime example.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

And teams in the middle have absolutely found their Franchise QB. Packers anc Chiefs are prime example.

Oh, you think Ballard can build like the Packers and Chiefs?

I’d like your dealer’s number, too. 

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

No it's not, get real man. Franchise QBs don't hit free agency.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yeah I’m sure the Ravens, Bills, Texans, and Chiefs are quivering in fear of the thought of January Joe Flacco. I bet the all pray multiple times daily not to have to face that horror. I bet Andy Reid hasn’t slept since the season started out of sheer terror. 

Tired Over It GIF

Ah changing the goalposts lol. Nice try! Colts absolutely have a shot to make the playoffs with what we’ve seen our offense do under Flacco.