Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Pick Lavon Brazill (WR)

Andy

Strengths

Brazill is a savvy route-runner, quick and explosive off the line. He can sink his hips at the top of routes and vary his speed to keep defenders guessing. He has strong hands, able to focus when reaching for the ball, and is not much of a fumble risk. He is a deep threat not because of his speed but because of his ability to jump off one leg and extend for the ball.

Weaknesses

Brazill struggles when running technical intermediate routes, and will drift at times when the ball is thrown. He is a poor blocker in the run game, and needs to be much more physical in that area.

I don't know much about this kid but if he's fast I understand it. The Colts are trying to find a deep threat for Luck. The WR we took yesterday could be that but I think he got drafted mostly on his return skills.

Again for al the people getting upset with all the offensive picks there is no point to taking a franchise QB if you don't get him weapons. Had we been going defense people would be screaming that we weren't doing anything to help Luck out. This is just more proof that we just have too many holes to fill in one draft or one off-season.

Again the defense was much deeper to start with than the offense going into the draft add to that we took Luck and it's not shocking they are getting peaces to grow up with him. That's what you want players that are going to grow and develop with your rookie QB.

The defense had a pretty good core to start with. I also think the Colts think they can fill it in holes with free agency (Most of the free agency picks up were the o-line and defense which is why they aren't being addressed in the draft). That's not to say it doesn't have holes. However, unlike the offense for the most part the Colts have players on defense who can play at least for this season. No they aren't long term answers but they can get us threw till we have money to spend next off-season. We didn't have that on offense. We needed offense.

It also doesn't mean that the Colts haven't tried to get defensive help. Irsay was on the radio today telling a story of how they had a defensive guy targeted in the third round yesterday and trying to move up to get him and they "lost him" and Irsay said Pagano flipped out over it. There might have been other guys the Colts wanted and just couldn't get him. It happens in the draft.

With that said the Colts have done a very good job restocking the offensive skill spots in this draft for their new QB. Keep in mind going into the draft we had three real WRs on the roster (one of which is aging and the other two have some injury concerns) and one none pass catching tightend who is injury prone. The Colts have been filling needs. Right now, on paper, this has been a very good draft for the Colts.

Come on, you have to play along and shake your pom poms, dont u know that by now???? :) (j/k)

I'm the one that likes the first five picks, a lot. Might not have drafted Allen in the 3rd, with the corners and linebackers that were still on the board, but we needed tight ends and he's a good one. I like everything else we did. Until you get to Ballard and Brazill. Nothing against either of them, I just don't like the picks. Ballard I'm okay with, but I don't see room on the roster for Brazill, not unless someone else gets hurt.

I don't know much about this kid but if he's fast I understand it. The Colts are trying to find a deep threat for Luck. The WR we took yesterday could be that but I think he got drafted mostly on his return skills.

Again for al the people getting upset with all the offensive picks there is no point to taking a franchise QB if you don't get him weapons. Had we been going defense people would be screaming that we weren't doing anything to help Luck out. This is just more proof that we just have too many holes to fill in one draft or one off-season.

Again the defense was much deeper to start with than the offense going into the draft add to that we took Luck and it's not shocking they are getting peaces to grow up with him. That's what you want players that are going to grow and develop with your rookie QB.

The defense had a pretty good core to start with. I also think the Colts think they can fill it in holes with free agency (Most of the free agency picks up were the o-line and defense which is why they aren't being addressed in the draft). That's not to say it doesn't have holes. However, unlike the offense for the most part the Colts have players on defense who can play at least for this season. No they aren't long term answers but they can get us threw till we have money to spend next off-season. We didn't have that on offense. We needed offense.

It also doesn't mean that the Colts haven't tried to get defensive help. Irsay was on the radio today telling a story of how they had a defensive guy targeted in the third round yesterday and trying to move up to get him and they "lost him" and Irsay said Pagano flipped out over it. There might have been other guys the Colts wanted and just couldn't get him. It happens in the draft.

With that said the Colts have done a very good job restocking the offensive skill spots in this draft for their new QB. Keep in mind going into the draft we had three real WRs on the roster (one of which is aging and the other two have some injury concerns) and one none pass catching tightend who is injury prone. The Colts have been filling needs. Right now, on paper, this has been a very good draft for the Colts.

I'm curious as to who they were targeting in the third

I think a lot of teams started reaching from round 2 based on need and we may have missed out on D players staying true to our board. I remember Polian taking players with perceived reaches. Angerer and Hayden come to mind, both projected round 4 or later. Sometimes, it is OK to make a perceived reach if you believe in the player. Just my two cents.

I'm curious as to who they were targeting in the third

For what its' worth Phil B. just tweeted that he is talking to Irsay and said it happened to them again as the two defensive players they wanted went right before they drafted. Again it's just falling so offense players are at the top of the Colts draft board when they pick.

For what its' worth Phil B. just tweeted that he is talking to Irsay and said it happened to them again as the two defensive players they wanted went right before they drafted. Again it's just falling so offense players are at the top of the Colts draft board when they pick.

I can bet they were Asa Jackson and Billy Winn. I was touting them for No.170 ans No.206, they went a spot before

I don't think a team should be reaching the entire draft, but letting impact players repeatedly slip though our fingers by not occasionally reaching in some situations is just as bad.

I don't think a team should be reaching the entire draft, but letting impact players repeatedly slip though our fingers by not occasionally reaching in some situations is just as bad.

That's the thing you think he reached and let impact players slip. The Colts board might very well disagree with you. That's the important thing to remember they are using their board not ours and not the media's. Just because Mel Kipper or whoever says player xxx was better doesn't mean that's the case.