Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #5, Colts @ Jaguars, October 6, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @ Jaguars  

22 members have voted

1. 1. With JT out today, how many yards do you expect from the backup running backs?

• fewer than 50 yards
    • 50 to 100 yards
    • 101 to 140 yards
    • 141 yards or more
  2. 2. How many sacks do you expect from the Colts defense?

3. 3. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2024 at 05:15 PM

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah after the first drive the Jags secondary did a great job adjusting and taking away the Colts receivers.  Now the Colts have to counter.  The dink and dunk with the backs isn’t going to cut it.  The lack of Taylor and symbolism of a running game is really showing.  The Jags pass rush is stating to t off on a non mobile QB in a one diminutional offense.  

ballard should have kept moss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jz0204945 said:

See for everyone that was calling for AR to be benched for Flacco you get what you asked for he isnt doing any better than AR...

He throws more accurately, doesn't run the ball as well but does less things to lose the game, every QB in the NFL suffers strip sacks but at least he isn't flinging it to the other team like AR has a tendency to do.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

They have a defense,we don't 

I think the injuries on defense are really showing up today.  The Colts are starting at least five backups and are without at least two of if not their two best defensive players in Moore and Buckner.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

You’ll believe it too in a couple years from now when AR experiment is over.

We'll believe Flacco is the guy? Lol...

AR may not be the guy, but we don't know that yet and Flacco definitely isn't the guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really, he had no time to throw. We also could have just run the clock out and Flacco has no run game. I can't stand it when you post like this because you bring so much to the site and then just go on these silly rants. We are only down 3 and he has been accurate for most of the game.

time to take a break for a minute.

Not a bad first half. Defense looks okay. The scheme will continue to hurt us. It’s too easy for most QB’s.

We need to start getting the run game going & keep the flow of the game in our favor. That Sermon run behind overturned to 4th & inches really hurt our momentum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

You’ll believe it too in a couple years from now when AR experiment is over.

Could be.

For now, it’s a ridiculous idea.  For one thing, Richardson needs live reps more than anything.  And the offense usually operates well enough when he’s in there…especially with Downs back.

• Like 1

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Not a bad first half. Defense looks okay. The scheme will continue to hurt us. It’s too easy for most QB’s.

We need to start getting the run game going & keep the flow of the game in our favor. That Sermon run behind overturned to 4th & inches really hurt our momentum. 

We need to get pressure on TL.  Have gotten precisely zero thus far.

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Yeah, I really hate Bradley's philosophy of we do what we do and are not gonna alter our game plan for the defense we play. When Belichick was talking about Bradley's defense he just confirmed what I thought was the problem.

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

He could be the guy “right now”.  We can worry about the future qb next season.

No he couldn't. We're not winning the Super Bowl this year with Flacco. Come on. You'd have to be a next-level Homer to believe that. We're not going anywhere with Flacco which is why you aim to win in the future with AR and he needs reps.

Just now, Zoltan said:

Yeah, I really hate Bradley's philosophy of we do what we do and are not gonna alter our game plan for the defense we play. When Belichick was talking about Bradley's defense he just confirmed what I thought was the problem.

I didn’t catch BB’s comment.  What did he say?

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

We need to get pressure on TL.  Have gotten precisely zero thus far.

Not disagreeing but he’s also getting the ball out in less than three seconds.  It’s hard to get any pressure in that kind of time.  The Colts secondary needs to do a better job making Lawerence think a little more on the pass rush has a chance.

Just now, Zoltan said:

I hate that it’s built not to give up the deep pass but they give up the deep pass all the time.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

No he couldn't. We're not winning the Super Bowl this year with Flacco. Come on. You'd have to be a next-level Homer to believe that. We're not going anywhere with Flacco which is why you aim to win in the future with AR and he needs reps.

IMG_4007.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

I didn’t catch BB’s comment.  What did he say?

During the interview, Belichick had some less-than-flattering remarks about Bradley's defense.

"It's been a couple of weeks the Colts have had a hard time stopping the run," he said. "They stay in the same front for the most part. They don't really make a lot of defensive adjustments. They kind of do what they do. Gus Bradley believes in execution and doing the same thing over and over again, but I think, in some respects, that simplifies things for the offense, and so they just didn't do a good job at all in the running game, and I think everybody kind of knew that that was the kind of game it was going to be."

https://horseshoeheroes.com/posts/bill-belichick-just-roasted-gus-bradley-and-the-colts-defense-01j88gjfgsyt

• Thanks 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Not disagreeing but he’s also getting the ball out in less than three seconds.  It’s hard to get any pressure in that kind of time.  The Colts secondary needs to do a better job making Lawerence think a little more on the pass rush has a chance.

Then change coverage!

He’s got to adjust to what they’re doing against us.  And it seems like he refuses to do that.

They’re moving the ball on us with ease.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

AR had never had stars this good. 

Both AR and Flacco have flaws but one thing I do know is that I hope I don't see qb3 (Sam Ehlinger) who's been here three seasons stealing money!! Never good enough to elevate but he knows the playbook!! Lol 

Shannon Sharpe said Sam couldn't play dead in a horror movie... Wow!

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

Agree, Gus has to pressure him into mistakes and remind him why he's winless on the season.

missing lewis, paye, samson

Just now, bluephantom87 said:

Both AR and Flacco have flaws but one thing I do know is that I hope I don't see qb3 (Sam Ehlinger) who's been here three seasons stealing money!! Never good enough to elevate but he knows the playbook!! Lol 

did he really? lmao

Just now, Zoltan said:

During the interview, Belichick had some less-than-flattering remarks about Bradley's defense.

"It's been a couple of weeks the Colts have had a hard time stopping the run," he said. "They stay in the same front for the most part. They don't really make a lot of defensive adjustments. They kind of do what they do. Gus Bradley believes in execution and doing the same thing over and over again, but I think, in some respects, that simplifies things for the offense, and so they just didn't do a good job at all in the running game, and I think everybody kind of knew that that was the kind of game it was going to be."

https://horseshoeheroes.com/posts/bill-belichick-just-roasted-gus-bradley-and-the-colts-defense-01j88gjfgsyt

Spot on from the GOAT.

Will Bradley listen?  If not, will Steichen or Ballard?

• Like 1

There very well may be a curse on the Colts in Jacksonville, but we definitely shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly as well. 

I “wanted” to have zero expectations going into this game with a bunch of our starters out, but we still could be the better team if we played good football.

EJ Speed has missed about every open field tackle that’s come his way. Linebackers can’t cover RB out of the backfield for easy first down passes. Can’t stop the 4th & 1 on obvious QB sneaks multiple times, can’t bear down and give Flacco protection on an obvious pass play at the end of the half, Flowers “forgetting” he has deep coverage in that scheme on the touchdown, etc.

If we actually played good football and got beat, I’d be perfectly happy. But this sloppy, unprepared Colts team that I’ve seen in Jacksonville the last decade is just unacceptable.

I would love to see some half time adjustments and maybe some of the leaders step up and show that we can in fact win this game if we play like we should. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

Then change coverage!

He’s got to adjust to what they’re doing against us.  And it seems like he refuses to do that.

They’re moving the ball on us with ease.

But he won't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluephantom87 said:

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

• Like 2

Just now, Lancer1 said:

A creative, Superbowl winning defensive coordinator should be able to still find a way - heck, send a few corners after him on blitzes!

maybe we can send Lammons since he isn't covering anyone anyways

• Like 2

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Spot on from the GOAT.

Will Bradley listen?  If not, will Steichen or Ballard?

He won't he's been that way his entire career, frankly I think it holds back our defense and doesn't let our Star players shine.

• Like 1