Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC defensive player of the week?

cdgacoltsfan

16 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

JJ has been named AFC defensive player of the week?? How can this be?? This must be an error...right??? This has to be an AI thing. Our forum GMs wanted him replaced. 

It was the Bears. Match him against literally any QB and WR of marginal skill difference, and I guarantee he isn’t even in the realm of conversation for this. 

With that being said: congrats to Jones. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Damn give credit when credit is due some of you guys are unbearable lol.

Some just can’t take being wrong.  JJ’s two ints were huge and dare I say it the secondary has been the strength of the defense through three games.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The expert forum GMs are having a tough couple of weeks:

Oline rated best in league

JJ is named AFC defensive player of the week

Cross leads league in tackles

C'mon Ballard!!! Do better!!!!

Olline is pretty good and maybe in the conversation as one of the better but not sure of elite status yet. JJ played a horrible Bears offense and a rookie qb. He was in the right place at the right time. Having your safety leading the league in tackles is a testament to how bad your front 7 has been playing. It is not a testament to how good Cross is. However, Cross is exceeding my expectations but he hasnt really been tested in pass coverage

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some just can’t take being wrong.  JJ’s two ints were huge and dare I say it the secondary has been the strength of the defense through three games.  

If we wernt getting torched by RBs the first two games, our secondary would not be the "strength". They got torched by Caleb Williams that went for almost 400 yards on them... by far a strength. 

Just now, tweezy32 said:

If we wernt getting torched by RBs the first two games, our secondary would not be the "strength". They got torched by Caleb Williams that went for almost 400 yards on them... by far a strength. 

That yardage tends to happen when any NFL QB throws it like 50+ times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Olline is pretty good and maybe in the conversation as one of the better but not sure of elite status yet

Again, best in the league does not automatically equate to elite.  Not sure why you keep insisting on this.

6 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Of the line, the linebackers, and secondary which group has played the best of the three through three games?  I am not saying they are world beaters by any means but they have been the best group of the three layers of the defense through three games.  

7 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

52 passes like come on..

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

49 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Now if Richardson  is named offensive  player of the week versus steelers defense  they you can make a statement  like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Cross leading the league in tackles isn't a good thing.  Good for JJ!  Those 2 INTs were game changers (even if it was against the Bears).

I just wish he didn't have so many opportunities.  Let's switch that ToP number!

• Like 1

Good for him.  He earned it. Why can’t people just be happy for someone that did well? This nonsense about if it was against anyone else.  Well, he did it against who the Colts were playing.  It’s like when someone takes away the best 2-3 plays a player makes and says their stats aren’t very good without them. Well, games come down to 2-3 plays all the time. Be happy people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The kid is a play maker.  He is only going to get better as he learns to read and react better.  That will come with more playing time.  That’s what Kenny and Blackmon are good at.  Read and react.  That will give us three in the secondary.  Cross is the hit man.  I think our secondary is developing nicely.

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Damn give credit when credit is due some of you guys are unbearable lol.

I did give him credit. But I’m not acting like he picked Mahomes or Rodgers off twice. He picked off a dude that had his best game against our secondary and had more yards and touchdowns in that game than the previous two combined. 

That’s like playing dodgeball against the kids in Billy Madison. It means nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I did give him credit. But I’m not acting like he picked Mahomes or Rodgers off twice. He picked off a dude that had his best game against our secondary and had more yards and touchdowns in that game than the previous two combined. 

That’s like playing dodgeball against the kids in Billy Madison. It means nothing. 

Rap Game No GIF by Lifetime

• Thanks 1

The first INT was great footwork. Jones was on that second one before Williams let it go. Like taking a home run hack at a fat curveball. 

It's well-deserved for JJ, but the victory lap stuff after one game seems really unnecessary. It's a long season.

And it's true that Williams is a rookie in his 3rd game...playing behind a terrible OL. The Colts took advantage...and that's a good thing.

But I was actually surprised how good he looked after only seeing bits of the first two weeks. If he can start hitting some of those passes he missed, he is going to be fun to watch. Glad he's in the NFC.

Sometimes this can be the strangest fanbase I have ever seen. Dude wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week and some are saying - It's only the Bears though. It is hard to win in the NFL no matter who you play. It seems like every time we win a game, some in here don't appreciate it. Crap is getting old. Some people are just miserable.