Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers Colts Predictions

danlhart87

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Steeler defense is too much and now their offense is clicking. Bad news for a Colts team that is not doing much on either side of the ball.

There offense is really not scoring a lot.  I like us in this match up actually.  With some smart play calling and getting AR more involved in the run game I think we win this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I read a theory that makes sense that Russell Wilson isn’t really hurt. It made sense because if he was really hurt he wouldn’t be fully dressed in uniform and and instead would be in street clothes and or rehabbing away from the team. It’s a roundabout way to give Justin Field the starting role without hurting his ego.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I read a theory that makes sense that Russell Wilson isn’t really hurt. It made sense because if he was really hurt he wouldn’t be fully dressed in uniform and and instead would be in street clothes and or rehabbing away from the team. It’s a roundabout way to give Justin Field the starting role without hurting his ego.

He only signed a one year deal. When they traded for Fields I think it was with the hope he would be the starter.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, indyagent17 said:

AR faced a decent defense with Houston and one with Chicago but Pittsburgh is a different story. They will pressure every time and have a terrific front 7.  Talk about being baptized by fire along with 20k Steelers fans in the building. This will be Richardson's' toughest test so far this season. This is where AR has to make the plays and not miss on open receivers, which he has woefully done. It will be hard to run the football but I never underestimate Taylor but this game may fall directly on AR's back and I just see a bad day this Sunday. Pittsburgh will probably not score many points and I think interceptions will be the difference.

Steelers 20 Colts 9  

I hope this game is the game we will see AR legs more.  Because if he’s sitting in the pocket, Watt and Cam may feast.  We do have a good OL but they can only protect for so long.  

19 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I hope this game is the game we will see AR legs more.  Because if he’s sitting in the pocket, Watt and Cam may feast.  We do have a good OL but they can only protect for so long.  

100%. This is the game where we need to run and not get in passing situations. We need to take advantage of having both Taylor and AR back there.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts need this win. Texans are hurting right now. We will see if jags can get their crap together.

Tank Dell is a talented player but it seems like his size is a concern in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

100%. This is the game where we need to run and not get in passing situations. We need to take advantage of having both Taylor and AR back there.

Yup, I’m predicting this is a game where the run is going to have to slow roast.  This game is probably going to be ugly from the beginning.  They’re definitely going to sell out for the run and make us try to beat them through the air.  Going to need the WRs and TEs to get open quick.  And going to need Shane to not abandon the run.  If we’re looking at 3rd and longs constantly and early, this game may be over by the second qtr depending on how our defense plays.  

Run and play action are going to be big this game.  And honestly, it should be for every game for us.

• Like 1

Let Taylor cook then sprinkle in the play action. Sell out on the run. Win time of possession. I imagine the Steelers game plan is similar.

My biggest worry is our DEs holding their edges.

27 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Steelers will probably play us like they play Lamar. QB spy and QB Containment but probably more stacking the box

Based on how we used AR in the first three games using a spy is not necessary.  But if he runs a lot in the first half they will most likely have one for the second half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Yup, I’m predicting this is a game where the run is going to have to slow roast.  This game is probably going to be ugly from the beginning.  They’re definitely going to sell out for the run and make us try to beat them through the air.  Going to need the WRs and TEs to get open quick.  And going to need Shane to not abandon the run.  If we’re looking at 3rd and longs constantly and early, this game may be over by the second qtr depending on how our defense plays.  

Run and play action are going to be big this game.  And honestly, it should be for every game for us.

Steichen needs to let AR get out of the pocket to extend plays too. Colts have the better offensive weapons. But having A young QB might neutralize it. This is the game where he needs to let him be himself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Steelers will probably play us like they play Lamar. QB spy and QB Containment but probably more stacking the box

Interesting to see if they stack the box... and play man. That is actually dangerous for the big play. which is all it seems we're able to do  haha. I"m guessing they'll sick back in zone and bet on getting pressure with 4, and they do have the perfect pass rusher for it.

If i'm play calling. I'm running straight to watt's side the entire 1st qt..

30 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Interesting to see if they stack the box... and play man. That is actually dangerous for the big play. which is all it seems we're able to do  haha. I"m guessing they'll sick back in zone and bet on getting pressure with 4, and they do have the perfect pass rusher for it.

If i'm play calling. I'm running straight to watt's side the entire 1st qt..

If they play man AR will burn them. Young QB usually struggle with zone as we seen last week.  You are correct. You run towards watt. That’s how we neutralized him last season.

This doesn’t seem like it will be the week where the secondary is tested but if Kenny cant go it could be different. Our dline depth is being tested.