Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers Colts Predictions

danlhart87

Like Willis, Fields is a mobile QB, which I think opens up the run game a bit more. 

PIT also has Arthur Smith as OC. When he was the OC in TEN with Tannehill starting, he put 93 pts in 3 games (31 ppg) against the Colts. The game where DeFo missed, TEN put up 45 pts. 

Then last year with Heinecke at QB, ATL put up 29 pts.

So basically 30 ppg in 4 games over 5 year against IND. For whatever reason, Smith seems to have the defense's number. And Tomlin is just a great HC with a great defense.

I think PIT will win 20-13. But I hope they can pull one out here.

I didn't realize that 3 of the first 4 games were at home. With PIT being an AFC team, this is very much a need-to-win. After this game, the Colts will play 8 of their last 13 on the road. And with how they looked in GB, that doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yea it’s going to be ugly. Need to limit his passing attempts.

I’m curious if they are working on his mechanics throughout the week outside of scheduled practice time. 3 1/2 or 4 hours of practice each week isn’t enough.

He should be watching tape & have an accuracy coach work with him every single day throughout the week 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I’m curious if they are working on his mechanics throughout the week outside of scheduled practice time. 3 1/2 or 4 hours of practice each week isn’t enough.

He should be watching tape & have an accuracy coach work with him every single day throughout the week 

The coaches only have so much time with nfl rules. They can’t really work with him much outside of practice. 

So much defeatist attitudes in this thread. This team even when playing not good was in every game this season. Steelers are beatable. Look at the Panthers beating the Raiders or Broncos beating the Bucs. Let’s go Colts.

• Like 1

Not that confident we win unless we can put consistent drives together. Run defense definitely needs to b on point. Pitt is going to try and pay us back from last year's match up where we ran it down their throat. Pitt is going to try and run it down ours.

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Now 1.5 underdogs. Some have us at +2. 

The site I use has the Steelers -2 and you have to lay $120 to win $100. If you take the Colts + 2 you lay $100 to win $100.  Looking at the different Vegas sites , it's mostly 2 now and you lay more then the $110 to win $100. Opened at 1 , so pretty strong action on the Steelers.

AR faced a decent defense with Houston and one with Chicago but Pittsburgh is a different story. They will pressure every time and have a terrific front 7.  Talk about being baptized by fire along with 20k Steelers fans in the building. This will be Richardson's' toughest test so far this season. This is where AR has to make the plays and not miss on open receivers, which he has woefully done. It will be hard to run the football but I never underestimate Taylor but this game may fall directly on AR's back and I just see a bad day this Sunday. Pittsburgh will probably not score many points and I think interceptions will be the difference.

Steelers 20 Colts 9  

4 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

He needs to throw at tires moving over and over. The main focus at practice is working on his tough and decision making 

Steelers faced a 35 year old QB coming off a achilles injury, Bo Nix and Justin Herbert coming into the game with a high ankle sprain. I’m not guaranteeing a victory but this Steelers team is beatable if we play a clean smart game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Maybe AR can go to a hotel parking lot with a few friends and just throw a few passes  around 10yards away lol

Most of it is he is just speeding thibfs up in his head. Once the game slows down he will be fine. I have a feeling by mid season things will settle down. Maybe even before that. He does not look overwhelmed.  He looks too amped up. This isn’t a Bryce young situation. Even stroud had two terrible int yesterday and looked like a rookie.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Steelers faced a 35 year old QB coming off an achilles injury, Bo Nix and Justin Herbert coming into the game with a high ankle sprain. I’m not guaranteeing a victory but this Steelers team isn’t team we  have no shot at beating at home.

This  is a good point.  We do know they will play physical and colts will have to match it.

• Like 1

The key to this game will come down to can colts run the ball at least effectively so Richardson does not have to throw all day. Can the colts defense stop fields deep ball and him running. One of two things will happen. Colts will be effective running and have a balanced offense or they will force Richardson to throw and it could be ugly.  But Richardson could surprise and could also pull out a rams game from last year. This game is very unpredictable. 

If this colts team can have leads going into the 4th quarter they will be hard to stop if Taylor is running well. Then add Richardson using his legs in the fourth. Which he did yesterday I believe.  

We also better hope Kenny and paye are ok.

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The key to this game will come down to can colts run the ball at least effectively so Richardson does not have to throw all day. Can the colts defense stop fields deep ball and him running. One of two things will happen. Colts will be effective running and have a balanced offense or they will force Richardson to throw and it could be ugly.  But Richardson could surprise and could also pull out a rams game from last year. This game is very unpredictable. 

If this colts team can have leads going into the 4th quarter they will be hard to stop if Taylor is running well. Then add Richardson using his legs in the fourth. Which he did yesterday I believe.  

We also better hope Kenny and paye are ok.

Shane had no news on the injury front today which has me concerned actually.  We need more designed runs for AR this game.  They will be keying on JT.  Time to get Richardson going to keep them honest.  More players in motion at the snap too.  Don’t let their defense settle in.

I'm not certain we will win this one, however what I'm looking for is improvement putting drives together and marching down the field. You can't beat anybody other than Chicago if you can't do that. Let's get some execution consistency on Offense and March to the end zone. I want to win but I will feel pretty good if I can see this even in a loss. Let's improve the execution starting with AR.

6 hours ago, JediXMan said:

So much defeatist attitudes in this thread. This team even when playing not good was in every game this season. Steelers are beatable. Look at the Panthers beating the Raiders or Broncos beating the Bucs. Let’s go Colts.

That's  because  Richardson  can't  throw ints  versus steelers and win. Throwing  ints or fumbling is the number 1 way teams like the ravens and steelers beat us. If we have a clean game turnover wise we have a chance  but multiple  turnovers will result in  blow out