Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

Steichen and staff has been out coached two weeks in a row.  Going for it on 4th was moronic.  Don’t get me going on that option call.  OMG what a terrible play call. 

I think the offense will improve as AR grows and Downs returns.  However, I see nothing out of this defense that makes me feel that way. They’re down Ebukam, Brents, Blackmon, and Buckner.  Whatever Gus and Partridge are doing up front isn’t working and without Buckner I don’t see the personnel to fix it. 

Five drops!

2 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

im usually really patient even while people are calling for Ballards head, or getting on players like Alec last year. 

but today the packers had 130+ rushing yards in ONE QUARTER. Among many other complaints. I’m getting tired of being embarrassed because of this teams lack of performance. 

also, Bradley lost yet again to a back up QB. 

Look at my first post.  I want Bradley fired,  still his defense gave up 16 points.  Going into this game if I told you that would happen you would have expected the colts to win by double figures.  The defense in the first half was not acceptable.  The offense all game outside of Taylor was also not acceptable.

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

After the college careers of Manning and Luck, having them throw int's and be a little inaccurate in their rookie year is a lot less concerning than a QB who had 13 college starts.

That’s why he shouldn’t be starting.  The NFL is a win now league.  Men are going to lose their jobs if he doesn’t deliver wins.  Starting rookies who played a lot in college makes sense.  Playing only 13 games is asking for trouble.  Owners and fans don’t have patience for the 4th overall pick.  He has to play.  It was a calculated risk.  Let’s see if everyone has the patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I was expecting a 1-1 record today. What was the statistic for teams starting 0-2 getting to the playoffs? I can’t even take solace in the fact that the titans and jags lost today. The Colts took my heart and stomped out any “glass half full” outlook I usually have. 

Since 1990, teams that start 0-2 have a 24% of making the playoffs. Only 1 team started 0-2 and won the SB since then, that was the 93 Cowboys, and they had Troy, Emmitt, and Michael lmao with Jimmy Johnson coaching them.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

That’s why he shouldn’t be starting.  The NFL is a win now league.  Men are going to lose their jobs if he doesn’t deliver wins.  Starting rookies who played a lot in college makes sense.  Playing only 13 games is asking for trouble.  Owners and fans don’t have patience for the 4th overall pick.  He has to play.  It was a calculated risk.  Let’s see if everyone has the patience.

Your going to far and having an emotional reaction. Steichen has to get back to what made him successful. He isn’t Joe burrow 

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

We're not winning anything with Flacco. At this point you're just taking reps from AR to get the 15th pick instead of the 10th.

If the Colts can't win with Flacco, then why is he on the roster? Then give the keys to Elinger. Ok, if we can't win with Elinger then why have any of these athletes under contract? lets just run Richards on the QB running plays and use him as a RB until the end of the season, have a top 5 pick in the draft. Then Ballard can either drop out of the first round or pick another center and convert him to a tackle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The only way he’s going to improve is to play.  Those men that are going to lose their jobs if they don’t win are the same ones who decided to put their faith in Richardson by picking him.  

Irsay has shown he has a lot more patience than most fans do so I am not worried about that.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

If the Colts can't win with Flacco, then why is he on the roster? Then give the keys to Elinger. Ok, if we can't win with Elinger then why have any of these athletes under contract? lets just run Richards on the QB running plays and use him as a RB until the end of the season, have a top 5 pick in the draft. Then Ballard can either drop out of the first round or pick another center and convert him to a tackle.

Flacco or Ehlinger should not be anywhere near the field if AR is healthy. This is the process a team must live through to take the next step at the position , and as an offense.  Some other players should sit, but not AR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ADnum1 said:

ARs body language at the end of the game was not good.

It's like he was dragging and didn't want to be there

Other than driving us down the field twice (the first we had. 3rd and 1 and Shane messed that up), running for a big first down and throwing a TD pass it seems like he was not doing anything but dragging (Sarcasm)

1 minute ago, JMichael557 said:

Other than driving us down the field twice (the first we had. 3rd and 1 and Shane messed that up), running for a big first down and throwing a TD pass it seems like he was not doing anything but dragging (Sarcasm)

I think he tweaked a hammy or something on the last possession. He was a little gimpy.

9 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

Don't be dense. What I'm saying is if people want to play Flacco (or Ehlinger) because they think that gives us a bigger chance at the playoffs or Super Bowl they're kidding themselves.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Come on man.

He threw 4 ints today, one that was dropped out of our own endzone late in the game.

I agree with you on the 3rd and 1 that Shane messed up and the running play to make the 1st down late in the game was heroic

16 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I was expecting a 1-1 record today. What was the statistic for teams starting 0-2 getting to the playoffs? I can’t even take solace in the fact that the titans and jags lost today. The Colts took my heart and stomped out any “glass half full” outlook I usually have. 

0-2 is not an insurmountable hurdle by any means, several Superbowl Championship teams have begun the season that way. The 1992 Chargers began the season 0-4 and came back to win their division & a playoff game but they had a veteran at QB, not a raw psudeo rookie.

20 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Steichen and staff has been out coached two weeks in a row.  Going for it on 4th was moronic.  

Yep.

Front office, coaching, QB, offense, defense...  Moving forward, I don't have a ton of confidence in anything, to be honest.  

1 hour ago, Dobbinblitz said:

The Average NFL GM tenure is 3 years. Ballard is in year 8 with nothing that really matters to show for it.

He has all but said he is not changing anything about the way he builds the Colts; So ……. Just more of the same incoming.

The only other people I have seen hang on to their job with that type of record is a politician.

When reading some of the content on this forum, it sure does smells of political maneuvering and blame fixing. Bradley is being used as a fall guy by the head coach because he is Ballard's guy who is going to be an excuse to insulate Ballard from blame. Fire them all. Is coach Fox still on the payroll?

Just now, ImissPeyton18 said:

When reading some of the content on this forum, it sure does smells of political maneuvering and blame fixing. Bradley is being used as a fall guy by the head coach because he is Ballard's guy who is going to be an excuse to insulate Ballard from blame. Fire them all. Is coach Fox still on the payroll?

Unless we make the playoffs, Ballard needs to go, I am at my breaking point. Our franchise is about winning, this crap needs to stop.

• Like 1

You guys crack me up on AR. He is the youngest QB in the league and you want him to win the games all by himself with little or no help including his coaches. Everyone says he has a bad game. By what standard? His staats were 17 for 34 for 204 yards. He had 6 passes dropped that hit his receivers in the hands and Alex fell down on a pass that whould have hit him between the numbers. Catch those passes and he is 24 for 34 for about 280 yards or around 70%. Here is the truth. Ballard cannot or will not evaluate players. Pittman cannot get open past yards. Mitchell appears to be afraid of contact. We do not have a tight end.  All that being said we were down 16 to 3 (it should have been 13-3 but Shawn decided to give Green Bay three points.) AR takes up to the 30 and its 3rd and 1. What does Shane to an option for a 5 yard loss. We then bring in our defective kicker (everyone knows that but Ballard). MISS. AR then takes us down for a TD which would not be possible except for a great run.  Being so young he will make some bad throws but he has to be perfect in his throws because even at that his receivers cannot catch or seperate except for Alex. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

You are putting way too much stock into this we were bad overall today 

Whole team is probably feeling down like 95% of fan base

He obviously isn't very confident with his play

Remember when Shac got a pay raise, he was hurt but was never the same. They have gone out and paid Pittman. Now he is not playing up to expectations. How about paying #44 linebacker. He continues to make tackles 6 yards down the field.

These might be the best players at the time on this team but, the bar is not very high.

AR on the road versus AR at home, the ceiling flashed is night and day, it looks like. The only very good thing AR did was convert for a first down on 4th and 11. Need a better QB coach, IMO.

Steichen calls plays like he’s calling it for a seasoned QB, plus too many throws between numbers for my liking. They were just manning up our WRs and no one could really separate lots of times.

At least 9 points left on the field with 2 picks and a missed FG. Not to mention not punting on 4th down twice to make Willis and company go down the field farther, we’re not playing against Josh Allen or Mahomes, Mr. Steichen.

Go with the devil you know, just kickoff instead of an onside kick, and hope Gus and his unit get the ball back with slightly better field position. The D was actually doing a better job the second half. 

JT is not a very good East West back for the catching game or reverses but definitely happy he took outside lanes in a long time. First time I felt Steichen was outcoached considerably.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The only way he’s going to improve is to play.  Those men that are going to lose their jobs if they don’t win are the same ones who decided to put their faith in Richardson by picking him.  

Irsay has shown he has a lot more patience than most fans do so I am not worried about that.  

That’s Shane obviously.  Ballard too.  I would be shocked if any coaches are fired.  Gus too unless the defense has a total meltdown.  I’m not expecting that so I expect they will all come back.