Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: 2024 Schedule drops May 15. Update ***Schedule posted on page 5***

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not realize that the Colts were playing the Giants at Met Life Stadium. I may go to that game, as my friend, a Giants season ticket holder, may take me. I have been to two Colts @ Giants with him. He and I are going to the Giants season opener against the Vikings at Met Life Stadium.

I'll be at that one as well again..👍.

Pretty funny how they scheduled it the same again (2nd to last game).

I'm also definitely going to get to the nyj game as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I'll be at that one as well again..👍.

Pretty funny how they scheduled it the same again (2nd to last game).

I'm also definitely going to get to the nyj game as well.

I have a lot going on this year (lots of traveling for various reasons), but I'm considering going to Minnesota for the Colts at Vikings game.

I would like to see a game in Indy one year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One bad thing is their are a few road games that we might have to worry about weather late in season.

We’re built for bad weather games. Big punishing offensive lineman, JT, AR… plenty of options. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Houston is one of the 4-5 biggest cities in the country.  Here’s the top-6 list. 

NY, LA, Chic, Hou, Phoenix, Philly

Talking about sport cities

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Talking about sport cities

It’s got a football team, a baseball team, a basketball team.   What is it lackkng?   

The biggest city in Texas is not sports friendly?   

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s got a football team, a baseball team, a basketball team.   What is it lackkng?   

The biggest city in Texas is not sports friendly?   

Do we look at Houston in the same sense as California? New York? Only Dallas is looked at in that light.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If colts start hot the back half of the schedule isn’t as hard as the first half.

All I can say is that we had a chance to meet Houston last game of the season if our quarterback thrown a decent ball. So as good as Houston is they beatable 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Do we look at Houston in the same sense as California? New York? Only Dallas is looked at in that light.

You just compared Houston, a city to California, a state.   And the only reason you can point to Dallas is the Cowboys have been around roughly 70 years while the Houston franchise is only 20-25 years old.  Not a very good comparison.  

Houston is bigger than Dallas and compares favorably to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland and San Diego. 

Sorry, not trying to give you a hard time.  Just trying to understand your meaning. 

13 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

NY is not as safe as it was even 4 years ago

I have seen the Giants/Colts play in that stadium but not the Jets/Colts

Colts at Jets is one of my last remaining "bucket list"  

Will probably miss Jets game but go to Vikings game

Lol I have 3 chances to see the colts since they are coming up to New England.. was hoping for September or October.. and nope I get late November, December and January 😑

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You just compared Houston, a city to California, a state.   And the only reason you can point to Dallas is the Cowboys have been around roughly 70 years while the Houston franchise is only 20-25 years old.  Not a very good comparison.  

Houston is bigger than Dallas and compares favorably to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland and San Diego. 

Sorry, not trying to give you a hard time.  Just trying to understand your meaning. 

My point is Houston isn't touted as this big marketable premier city. This is purely hype over a guy that yea had a good season, but didn't put up numbers better then Love to justify 3 possibly 4 prime time games

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I did not realize that the Colts were playing the Giants at Met Life Stadium. I may go to that game, as my friend, a Giants season ticket holder, may take me. I have been to two Colts @ Giants games with him. He and I are going to the Giants season opener against the Vikings at Met Life Stadium.

I'm considering  going from Maryland to Indy for the Buffalo  game on Nov 10th, but not sure how the flex schedule  works

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

My point is Houston isn't touted as this big marketable premier city. This is purely hype over a guy that yea had a good season, but didn't put up numbers better then Love to justify 3 possibly 4 prime time games

I’m at my wits end.   Your argument has changed with each post you’ve made.  NOW it’s Houston is NOT a big marketable premier city (According to WHO?) and that CJ Stroud isn’t that much better than Jordan Love.  (Neither of whom we’ve said a word about until now!) 

Here’s the problem with that argument….  Stroud was a rookie.  Love had his first good year in his fourth season, his first full year as a full time starter.  So Stroud is objectively better. 

So….  I’m likely done here.   You’re free to say whatever you like.   I don’t want to say something I’ll regret.  This has been hugely disappointing.    Sorry. 

3 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

I think the team is better than last year  but the schedule is tougher than last year as well. Sadly, I see us being a 7-8 win team and being a game or two away from a wildcard spot. 

But we also get our QB back. Don’t underestimate that impact.

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m at my wits end.   Your argument has changed with each post you’ve made.  NOW it’s Houston is NOT a big marketable premier city (According to WHO?) and that CJ Stroud isn’t that much better than Jordan Love.  (Neither of whom we’ve said a word about until now!) 

Here’s the problem with that argument….  Stroud was a rookie.  Love had his first good year in his fourth season, his first full year as a full time starter.  So Stroud is objectively better. 

So….  I’m likely done here.   You’re free to say whatever you like.   I don’t want to say something I’ll regret.  This has been hugely disappointing.    Sorry. 

59 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Nothing to argue about. The Jets got 7 games and didn't deserve it.

@CR91, you don't think Stroud played better than Love? We must have watched different games. Stroud was one of the best QBs last year. Love had some bad games early on.

Houston is the 4th largest city in the USA,  following NYC, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Nothing to argue about. The Jets got 7 games and didn't deserve it.

@CR91, you don't think Stroud played better than Love? We must have watched different games. Stroud was one of the best QBs last year. Love had some bad games early on.

Houston is one of the biggest cities in the USA.

I said Love put up better stats not that he was better

Just now, CR91 said:

I said Love put up better stats not that he was better

I would not say Love had better stats. Love had less than 100 passing yards and he played 17 games. Stroud missed at least one game. Stroud also had a better QB rating and fewer than half of the Interceptions that Love had. Love had more TDs but he played more games.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would not say Love had better stats. Love had less than 100 passing yards and he played 17 games. Stroud missed at least one game. Stroud also had a better QB rating and fewer than half of the Interceptions that Love had. Love had more TDs but he played more games.

Love threw 32 tds to Strouds 23. Pretty sure Stroud missed one game and didn't finish one 

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

If texans is our first game our secondary  will get tested right away

The Texans have a tougher schedule their opponents won 526% of their games. The Jags are in the top ten toughest schedule. Colts were not shown because the list was top ten only. I think a lot of predictions will call Houston better than Indy which doesn't make sense because AR played well hi first two games ana the Colts have outstanding OL & DL players. Stroud is the new darling of the AFC so predictions will reflect that.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Love threw 32 tds to Strouds 23. Pretty sure Stroud missed one game and didn't finish one 

According to Pro Football Reference, Stroud missed two games. He may not have finished a third.

In 2023:

Stroud: 15 games, 4108 yards, 23 TD, 5 INT, QB rating: 100.3

Love: 17 games, 4159 yards, 32 TD, 11 INT, QB rating: 96.1

Anyway, going back to topic, the point should be that the Colts should have more nationally televised games. The Colts have some really exciting players that NFL fans should have frequent opportunities to see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Texans have a tougher schedule their opponents won 526% of their games. The Jags are in the top ten toughest schedule. Colts were not shown because the list was top ten only. I think a lot of predictions will call Houston better than Indy which doesn't make sense because AR played well hi first two games ana the Colts have outstanding OL & DL players. Stroud is the new darling of the AFC so predictions will reflect that.

It makes sense as they added diggs and beat us without dell for the division. Of course we didn't  have Richardson,  but that is an unknown at this point.

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

You mean they aren't like the fans on the forum who quadruple over analyze every single thing about football?? Lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

You have to pay your cable provider buddy 

No I don't Buddy, if i didn't have cable, it's called an antenna. I have cable so I can watch everything. Not only that I can get every game on the radio on 107.5. TWEEZY gave you a trophy for your post, too funny. Happy Homer Simpson GIF

• Like 1