Corley- Doesn’t fit (gadget maybe?)

Coleman- please lord NO

Baker- don’t know much about him

Burton- background/attitude

Washington- another slot not needed

Walker-can’t catch & zero route tree, major project

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

Alright so the Colts have (2) of the next 50 picks:(unless we traded back, but in most likely good would still have 2 in next 50.

Best available:(no particular order)

WR:(11)

Mitchell 

Mcconkey 

Franklin 

Polk

Wilson

Corley

Coleman

Baker

Burton 

Washington 

Walker 

CB:(8)

Kool-Aid

Melton 

Dejean

Rakestraw 

Tampa

Jackson

Lassiter 

Hart

S:(7)

Bullard

Nubin 

Hicks

Taylor-Demerson 

Bishop

Green

Kinchens 

LB:(5)

Cooper

Wilson

Colson

Gray

Trotter Jr 

DL:(5)

Newton

Fiske

Jenkins

Isaac

Sweat 

OL:(6)

Jackson-Powers

Haynes

Beebe

Frazier 

Puni

Van Pran 

There is 42 players

This isn't including all kinds of guys at other positions that will go in the next 50 picks.

So more than likely 2 of the guys on this list could end up on the Colts next season.

Miss anyone? 

Anyone shouldn't be on the list?

Like I said there is probably 10-15 players not even at these positions that will probably be locked in that 50.

So some of these could end up around 4th round pick range.

Corner, Linebacker, or OL. Imo nothing left worth taking at WR. Rather don’t fit or projects. Don’t waste a pick, just address the WR position with a premium pick next year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Mitchell- questionable attitude 

Mcconkey- doesn’t fit with downs

Franklin- drops & no contested catches

Polk- I could see this 

Wilson-like the player don’t see the fit

Coleman- please lord NO

McConkey is versatile... he can lineup everywhere. I don't think the fit with downs is that big of a problem. 

• Like 2

If the Colts are thinking of trading up, I think the 2nd is the time to do it. I fully expect the Bills to take Mitchell, but there is still 1st round talent available. The two players I would trade up for are Iowa CB Cooper DeJean and Texas A&M LB Edgerrin Cooper, both players are first round talent. I think DeJean is falling because of his injury and some teams see him as a safety not a CB and Cooper is a LB where it's very rare for teams to take LBs in the first round yet he is one of the best overall players in draft in my opinion. If we can somehow trade up for one of these two players, it would instantly improve our defense and our coverage ability.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

McConkey is versatile... he can lineup everywhere. I don't think the fit with downs is that big of a problem. 

I think most of his damage came from the slot. But I could be wrong. He’s been injured a lot as well. 

16 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Polk- I could see this 

Coleman- please lord NO

Agreed for the most part.  Its why the WR draft isn't really as deep as advertised as far as Colts needs.

I think Polk and McMillian, who you did not list, are both solid receivers.  I don't know if they are much different than AP or Pitt, but they are solid, IMO.

6 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Corner, Linebacker, or OL. Imo nothing left worth taking at WR. Rather don’t fit or projects. Don’t waste a pick, just address the WR position with a premium pick next year. 

Definitely at the moment, I'm looking to the 3rd-5th before looking at WR.

Not liking how it lines out in the 2nd.

There are WRs after what I listed that I still wouldn't mind.

McCaffrey 

Rice

McMillan 

I'm thinking:

#46 - CB/LB/OL

#82 - CB/S/OL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stitches said:

BTW was reading somewhere that the 49ers are looking to trade Deebo rather than Aiyuk. This is interesting... is it possible Ballard trades for him? 

Deebo is very physical but I think they want more of a take the top of the defense type of guy so they cannot bring their safeties down

27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Agreed for the most part.  Its why the WR draft isn't really as deep as advertised as far as Colts needs.

I think Polk and McMillian, who you did not list, are both solid receivers.  I don't know if they are much different than AP or Pitt, but they are solid, IMO.

would you do a trade for Higgins? 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

How many PAC 12 OL went in Round 1? How many Big 12 and how many SEC?

Just trying to understand the competition Latu played and who he went against. You touched upon pressures and pressure percentages as lacking with Colts DL, Ballard heard it  :) and Latu is at the top there.

Don’t know, the whole college system is weird to me lol. 

I hope Latu is what we need, because our pressure numbers were pretty low. He’s the best shot at improve those numbers though. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

How many PAC 12 OL went in Round 1? How many Big 12 and how many SEC?

Just trying to understand the competition Latu played and who he went against. You touched upon pressures and pressure percentages as lacking with Colts DL, Ballard heard it  :) and Latu is at the top there.

Pac 12 - 3(included Fautanu)

Big 12 -1

Big 10 - 1

SEC - 2

Independent - 1

Pac 12 led the way.

• Thanks 2

According to uSTADIUM, the NFL Network broadcast on Friday, April 26 mentioned multiple teams interested in trading up to kick off Day 2. The Packers were named, along with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Philadelphia Eagles.

We’re now hearing some concrete reporting on this courtesy of the Boston Sports Journal’s Mike Giardi. He notes that Buffalo has joined the New England Patriots as two teams who are interested in San Francisco 49ers All-Pro wide receiver Deebo Samuel.

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

If the Colts are thinking of trading up, I think the 2nd is the time to do it. I fully expect the Bills to take Mitchell, but there is still 1st round talent available. The two players I would trade up for are Iowa CB Cooper DeJean and Texas A&M LB Edgerrin Cooper, both players are first round talent. I think DeJean is falling because of his injury and some teams see him as a safety not a CB and Cooper is a LB where it's very rare for teams to take LBs in the first round yet he is one of the best overall players in draft in my opinion. If we can somehow trade up for one of these two players, it would instantly improve our defense and our coverage ability.

Getting up to pick 40 would give us several good options for future starter prospects.  Or a bump back into the 2nd for our guy.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Alright so the Colts have (2) of the next 50 picks:(unless we traded back, but in most likely good would still have 2 in next 50.

Best available:(no particular order)

WR:(11)

Mitchell 

Mcconkey 

Franklin 

Polk

Wilson

Corley

Coleman

Baker

Burton 

Washington 

Walker 

CB:(8)

Kool-Aid

Melton 

Dejean

Rakestraw 

Tampa

Jackson

Lassiter 

Hart

S:(7)

Bullard

Nubin 

Hicks

Taylor-Demerson 

Bishop

Green

Kinchens 

LB:(5)

Cooper

Wilson

Colson

Gray

Trotter Jr 

DL:(5)

Newton

Fiske

Jenkins

Isaac

Sweat 

OL:(6)

Jackson-Powers

Haynes

Beebe

Frazier 

Puni

Van Pran 

There is 42 players

This isn't including all kinds of guys at other positions that will go in the next 50 picks.

So more than likely 2 of the guys on this list could end up on the Colts next season.

Miss anyone? 

Anyone shouldn't be on the list?

Like I said there is probably 10-15 players not even at these positions that will probably be locked in that 50.

So some of these could end up around 4th round pick range.

Good list!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Would you trade pick 46 for Aiyuk if we extended him right away?

if they have to make a move, I would see them offering Samuel's. Aiyuk is a field stretcher and Samuel has been beaten up because of the type of game he plays. Aiyuk will not be going anywhere. We need a field stretcher 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

if they have to make a move, I would see them offering Samuel's. Aiyuk is a field stretcher and Samuel has been beaten up because of the type of game he plays. Aiyuk will not be going anywhere. We need a field stretcher 

Yeah, not too interested in Deebo.

I am interested in Aiyuk, but he probably isn't going anywhere.

I'm still good with Pierce, take us another guy to compete with him in 4th or 5th round.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Deebo is very physical but I think they want more of a take the top of the defense type of guy so they cannot bring their safeties down

I wouldn’t trade for any of the wide receivers you’ve been talking about for at least a month.  

Do you think Ballard wants two WR’s making a goal of roughly $50m. ?!?   Not me.  

And you’ve been told several times that Cincy management promised Burrows that Higgins would be on the 24 Bengals.  You’re either forgetting this or ignoring this.  

No, I would prefer a rookie contract for any new WR.   If we were closer to the SB window, I might add another $20M+ WR contract then.

And Deebo seems to get dinged up, not sure I'd take him with the money he would demand.

Overall, without seeing AP with AR, I'm not certain that either Aiyuk, Deebo, or Higgins is $17M (plus a draft pick) better than AP at this point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

My expectations have always been for the Colts to add a really promising WR prospect sometime on Day 2. I'm starting to think that might not happen. The late run on WRs kind of sucked the value out of the second round, IMO. There are some guys, but a couple that I thought would be there are gone already, and I bet a couple more go early tonight. Plan A has been severely compromised.

Beyond that, I could easily see DeJean or Cooper being BPA when we're on the clock, and if so, those picks would make perfect sense. And we're still without a significant add at WR.

So if it goes that way over the next couple days, I wonder what Plan B would be. Find a trade for a young guy, maybe Drake London? Maybe a Diggs-like deal for someone that isn't on our radar? Any chance the Bears are thinking about moving DJ Moore? 

If the Colts do target Cooper in the 2nd ,they might have to jump in front of the Titans. Some noise there. Although, Junior Colson was their only Top 30 LB visit.

Colts use over 90% of pre draft (Official) visits on players projected in rounds 3-6

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes, Cooper or DeJean at 46 would improve the back seven.  I think we still go defense at 46, since that seems to be where the value is.

Damn Doug.  I am agreeing with a lot of your takes today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What field stretcher did the Chiefs have last season?   You don't need a field stretcher ,  you need an accurate qb.  If AR pans out, our recievers are good.    What we NEED is a LB that can cover, a FS and maybe a corner.   I put WR down the list on needs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes, Cooper or DeJean at 46 would improve the back seven.  I think we still go defense at 46, since that seems to be where the value is.

I think the Colts would have move up for either of them, but 100% agree on the picks

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I think the Colts would have move up for either of them, but 100% agree on the picks

Yeah, 14 picks is a long time.  I'm at a loss of ideas if both of them are gone.  Maybe its a good year to use later picks to move up in rounds 2 and 3.

Perhaps Melton, the pure CB, but I don't think its time to give up on Jones and JuJu with another second round rookie.  Seems redundant.

I still like the OT from Yale at some point, Kiran Amegadjie.  But we drafted Freeland last year.   

We really need some upgrades at certain positions, not more of the same ceiling guys.  Seems hard to do that past about pick 40, I think.

Maybe a better RG...any ideas there?

2 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Polk- I could see this 

Coleman- please lord NO

So draft no wrs is what you saying 

5 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

According to Tony Pauline the Colts are worth watching for Georgia WR Ladd McConkey in round 2.

I saw that, then I saw him say that about 5-6 other players. So tried to forget that I saw it. 

• Like 1

This is also a reason Malachi Corley can’t reproduce what he did in college and might have to be used a little differently. He compares the closest to Deebo Samuel.

31 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I'll take another shot at this.

Since this team needs upgrades more than holes filled, I'd consider trading pick 46 for another teams 2025 first round pick if the right player isn't there.  It happens.  Teams have made that trade before.

Then next year, hopefully if its a better draft, we can get two upgraded positions with two first round picks.  And probably have more clarity on AP, TEs, and CBs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What field stretcher did the Chiefs have last season?   You don't need a field stretcher ,  you need an accurate qb.  If AR pans out, our recievers are good.    What we NEED is a LB that can cover, a FS and maybe a corner.   I put WR down the list on needs

Kelce in the middle. In all serious, I have said we can go into the season with the current wr and te's and i could live with it. To me this draft was about building the defense. My point about a field stretcher was in comparing Samuel and Ayiuk. I prefer the field stretcher if I had to make a choice between the two.

• Like 1