Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

18 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

If there is a special player that you think is gone for sure at 15, just do it.

Would you?

Situational of course…

For Nabors/Odunze or potentially Turner, hell I guess I will throw Mitchell in there as well.

Wouldn't for Bowers, but that's because I like our room more than most. Won't be upset with picking him at #15, but wouldn't move up for him.

We already have to get rid of one as long as no one gets injured before the season starts. If we draft Bowers we will have to get rid of a 2nd one in the room. 

None of them will make it to the PS, I know we can get some kind of compensation for whoever we decide to move on from, if need be. Even think we could get late round pick swap for Mo.

At the end of the day I won't be mad at any move. I will be pumped up, ready for whoever we pick to come in and do their thing. Then look forward to Day 2 and do it again.

As of now, kind of pulling for the trade down and get additional Day 2 pick, as long as we stay in range for one of the round 1 targets on Ballard's board.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

49ers rec:

#15 - 1050pts

2025 2nd - 270pts

Total - 1320pts

Colts rec:

#31 - 600pts

Aiyuk

Puts 720pts value on Aiyuk(25th pick value)

?

And a huge extension 

41 minutes ago, w87r said:

49ers rec:

#15 - 1050pts

2025 2nd - 270pts

Total - 1320pts

Colts rec:

#31 - 600pts

Aiyuk

Puts 720pts value on Aiyuk(25th pick value)

?

I really don’t want us paying 2 receivers +$20mill.  This team will be cash strapped and we have holes to fill.  I know we can’t keep everyone and sign everyone, but if we have the chance to get an impact receiver on the cheap for 4-5 years, I’d rather do that.  For example, if we can’t find our DE in the draft, definitely will have to pay for one.  Rather put that $20mill towards a DE.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

After just giving Pittman a new deal,  I don't see Ballard doing that

Probably not, but if there ever is a time, it's when QB is on rookie deal, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Give up next years 1st and go to 4.  

I may be a bit more conservative here but if we trade away next years first and find out that Richardson is NOT the guy … (it could happen)

We could be giving up another swing at QB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I may be a bit more conservative here but if we trade away next years first and find out that Richardson is NOT the guy … (it could happen)

I hear you but Richardson is getting at least 2 seasons from here. Not a chance we give up on him after 1 year of playing. 

Even if Flacco plays, he throws a far better ball than Gardner. I could us winning more games with Flacco then we did with Gardner. So I don’t think our pick next year is going to be very high regardless. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I don't think it's smart to give up on any QB that is essentially in their rookie year in regards to playtime. Ballard already noted when AR is drafted that he'd take some time.

The only way I see AR being gone next year is if there's a clean sweep of Ballard and Steichen. I doubt that happens even with an awful season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Here we go.....

Will be anxiously awaiting our pick tonight.  I Would love to have Junior join the team but honestly don't see it happening. 

Yeah, it probably won't happen but if it did, that would awesome. I just grilled out some food, a couple of qtr pound Burgers with Cheese and Garlic powder and a 6 pack of Hotdogs. My friend Brent is over now, he loves the draft, he brought the Baked Beans and Potato Salad over. I have my 9.5% Voo Doo beer, I am ready. Brent thinks we just stay at 15 and he likes Bowers a lot. Who knows what is going to happen?? I would love to trade up and get Marvin.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, w87r said:

Probably not, but if there ever is a time, it's when QB is on rookie deal, right?

I guess. But he isn't the speedster many are hoping for.   Aren't he and Pittman very similar?

Just now, csmopar said:

@Nadine @NFLfan @Superman

are we operating on the no poster the pick until announced on TV rule again this year? Didn’t see the ticker at the top this year

I won't be online, and I wasn't last year, so I don't remember how it was done. 

But yeah, that's a great way to go, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

I won't be online, and I wasn't last year, so I don't remember how it was done. 

But yeah, that's a great way to go, IMO.

Thanks! I had no intent otherwise but some on here live on tweeter and like to snipe the Tv

• Like 1

@NewColtsFan

By the way, Taven Bryan's contract in 2023 was one year, $4.5m. In 2024, it's one year, $2.25m (including all incentives), with $1.125m guaranteed. I was confused on this earlier, finally got a chance to track it down. Don't know if that changes your reasoning on his roster standing or not.

2023: https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/15/colts-free-agency-taven-bryan-signed-contract-nfl-2023/ 

2024: https://overthecap.com/player/taven-bryan/6914

Just now, Solid84 said:

Will we be discussing the 1st round picks in this thread or?

I'd say it's time for a new thread...

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I guess. But he isn't the speedster many are hoping for.   Aren't he and Pittman very similar?

Seems like he was slightly faster than Pittman .02, not a lot. Looks like he plays quicker though, with be eye test.

I know he averaged 17.9 ypc last season, to  Pittman's 10.6 ypc.

Now everything isn't all apples to apples, but that is a big gap.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'd say it's time for a new thread..

What's your thoughts?

Nflfan and I were just talking about what to do.

Start a new one in the Draft or NFL Gen section? Post one here, keeping the 15th thread open for Colts only talk?

Or using the current thread in the Draft section, linked below.

Game for whatever.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

What's your thoughts?

Start a new one in the Draft or NFL Gen section? Post one here, keeping the 15th thread open for Colts only talk?

Game for whatever.

Everyone is used to this one.  Why mess around?

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

What's your thoughts?

Game for whatever.

I think a thread in NFL General for the league wide draft is good. And a separate thread for the Colts tonight would be good. It's a new event, stuff is happening right now, and not having to wade through 80 pages to find the new info is probably a plus. That's based on some of the feedback from the FA thread.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, it probably won't happen but if it did, that would awesome. I just grilled out some food, a couple of qtr pound Burgers with Cheese and Garlic powder and a 6 pack of Hotdogs. My friend Brent is over now, he loves the draft, he brought the Baked Beans and Potato Salad over. I have my 9.5% Voo Doo beer, I am ready. Brent thinks we just stay at 15 and he likes Bowers a lot. Who knows what is going to happen?? I would love to trade up and get Marvin.

You can’t beat burgers and hotdogs on the grill, I’m a slacker just ordered takeout.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

@NewColtsFan

By the way, Taven Bryan's contract in 2023 was one year, $4.5m. In 2024, it's one year, $2.25m (including all incentives), with $1.125m guaranteed. I was confused on this earlier, finally got a chance to track it down. Don't know if that changes your reasoning on his roster standing or not.

2023: https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/15/colts-free-agency-taven-bryan-signed-contract-nfl-2023/ 

2024: https://overthecap.com/player/taven-bryan/6914

I'd say it's time for a new thread...

Since I’m a big believer in both Ballard and Steichen it’s been my viewpoint this whole off-season that I will support the pick no matter what.   

Doesn’t mean that I’ll like the pick, but I’ll support it and not trash it in the years to come.   

I’m as curious as anyone over what the Colts do.   The pick should be made roughly 2 to 2.5 hours from the start.  

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Got stung in the eye by a bee, whole side of my face is swollen up. Still here. Listening in to Pat's show with Bill. Belichick sounds so much happier and youthful. 

Wow, hope you're okay?

Just now, Solid84 said:

Wow, hope you're okay?

Yeah. Walked past my family's bee hives this afternoon wearing a Cincinnati Reds shirt. It was my own stupid fault, wasn't thinking. For those who don't know: don't wear red around bees. They friggin' hate it!

• Like 1