Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

On 2/29/2024 at 8:19 PM, krunk said:

Way too early to deny what we saw from Woods in year one.

I think people were wondering what the heck happened with him last year.  Had what sounded like a minor injury and then went out for the year without much explanation from anyone 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think people were wondering what the heck happened with him last year.  Had what sounded like a minor injury and then went out for the year without much explanation from anyone 

It was really weird. There were some rumours he wasn’t taking it seriously, but I don’t know if that was ever confirmed. 

• Like 1

After watching the combine here are my thoughts:

- I’d be happy with either Arnold or Bowers at 15 if they fall to us.  Both had good combines.  My gut tells me they’ll both be gone by 15 however so hopefully we either trade up if needed or the draft goes off the rails.  I’d also be very happy with BTJ at 15 also if Arnold or Bowers are gone.  

- Quinyon Mitchell looked pretty good.  That 4.39 he ran was impressive!  He is coming from Toledo and idk how I feel about that.  He had a good senior bowl but I think about rock ya-sin coming from temple.  Idk, mixed feelings about Quinyon.

- i am still torn about getting a receiver in the second after the combine.  Yes, it’s great that multiple receivers outside of the top 3 showed out but that also means they’re more coveted now.  For example, worthy breaking the record has definitely moved him into the first round and I can see a team like the chiefs or ravens grabbing him so that means one less receiver in the second for us to grab.  If leggette is still there in the second I’d say get him.  He is a Ballard player, 220 and ran a 4.39.  But once again, he might’ve moved himself into the first also.

All in all, we’re in a tough spot at 15.  I would honestly hope we could grab Arnold or bowers at 15 and then trade back up into the late first round to grab leggette or worthy.  That’s where I’m sitting now.  I do think a DE is a need also but at 15, I don’t think who’d be left would be worth picking.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:57 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Go ahead.   Please list the “so many failures in the first two rounds.”

Failures or not meeting expectations for their draft slot

1st: Malik Hooker, Paye and trade for Wentz. Would have to look deeper into the 2 other trades out of the first round to see what that actually turned into. 

2nd: Turray, Banogu, Rock, Paris, Pierce, Dayo, Wilson, Lewis

These are all players I feel have under performed for all types of reasons including injuries and scheme. I believe Lewis could be viewed either way depending on the person. He had a great year as a rotational guy. Will also say the jury is still out on Dayo and Pierce.  This year is pivotal for both of them. I may have missed some players bc I’m not that invested in this. 

I don’t think Ballard has been bad in the first two rounds but I do think it’s top heavy with the Nelson, Leonard, MPJ, Taylor and Smith picks. He really knocked it out of the park with those.  5 stars and 9-11 so so to bad picks. It really depends on the person if they view that as acceptable. I get both sides. Personally, stars win games and those 5 players are/were studs and that matters. Wish  we could have found an answer at DE with all the draft capital spent but overall I think Ballard drafts very well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

1st: Malik Hooker, trade for Wentz andPaye. Would have to look deeper into the 2 other trades out of the first round to see what that actually turned into. 

These are all players I feel have under performed for all types of reasons including injuries and scheme. I believe Lewis could be viewed either way depending on the person. He had a great year as a rotational guy. Will also say the jury is still out on Dayo and Pierce

if the jury is out on Dayo, then you shouldn’t list Paye as a failure or underperformer. He is not, even if you believe him to be. 

Turay was very promising but injuries- and that can be said for several of those you listed- derailed their growth and careers. 

i will agree that scheme could be said for the perceived failure here. If you look at the players Ballard has drafted since 2017, the number that stands out is how many years in the league the vast majority of them played. Just because they don’t work here, doesn’t mean they are unsuccessful or untalented professional football players. I argue that their failures might be more coaching related than anything.

• Like 2

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/03/indianapolis-colts-nfl-draft-rome-odunze-meeting-combine-trade-up/

"Let’s look at some of the teams he met with. The Patriots, the Cardinals, the Giants, the Titans and the Bears are among the intriguing ones for me because those are all the top 10 teams,” said Rapoport. “Also, he spent some time with the Colts, the Jaguars, the Rams and the Steelers. The reason why those are interesting is those would be potential trade-up teams. Rarely do you see a huge trade-up for a receiver, but not never. Obviously, that is something to keep an eye on.”

Colts as a complement to Michael Pittman Jr., but he certainly has the upside to turn into a team’s WR1. Given how impactful the passing game has become, a team can never take too many shots at wide receiver.

The big question isn’t whether Colts are interested in Odunze. That part has become clear. The question now becomes whether Chris Ballard would be willing to pull the trigger on a trade-up if the opportunity presents itself."

Probably just more of Colts doing their due diligence, in case he got to them, or maybe if he gets within range? 

Probably need to be at #8 or #6 at least, to get in front of Bears at #9 or Titans at #7.

Top pick options for trade up with:

15(1050pts)

46(470pts)

2025 2nd(270pts)

82(180pts)

2025 3rd(112pts)

82(180pts)

118(58pts)

Most likely spot we need to trade to:

8(1400 pts)

6(1600 pts)

I think to get to #6, a deal would need to look something like this:

#6(1600 pts)

#185(17.4pts)

2025 6th(7.4pts)

(1624.8pts)

For

#15(1050pts)

#46(470pts)

2025 3rd(112pts)

(1632pts)

You know Ballard will fight to get every bit back he can. As far as #8 below, they 

#8(1400pts)

#110(74pts)/ or #142(35pts)

2025 5th(25pts)

(1499pts)

For

#15(1050pts)

#82(180pts)

2025 2nd(270pts)

(1500pts)

Depending how much Ballard could get back in return.

Still think bigger chance we move back, but man there is going to be a lot of great options available at #15. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

if the jury is out on Dayo, then you shouldn’t list Paye as a failure or underperformer. He is not, even if you believe him to be. 

Turay was very promising but injuries- and that can be said for several of those you listed- derailed their growth and careers. 

i will agree that scheme could be said for the perceived failure here. If you look at the players Ballard has drafted since 2017, the number that stands out is how many years in the league the vast majority of them played. Just because they don’t work here, doesn’t mean they are unsuccessful or untalented professional football players. I argue that their failures might be more coaching related than anything.

I listed them bc I think they are each underperforming by about a round each. I’m interested to see if Paye has his option picked up. Usually if it isn’t people consider that a failure. I made sure to add underperforming bc I don’t think they are failures. Main reason why I said Dayo is still undecided is bc I’ve been very vocal about not wanting him. I recognize my bias on him and I can’t objectively rate him with any fairness. Also the whole injury perspective is always in the the eye of the viewer if that counts against the GM or not. I take the position it’s not the GMs fault but ultimately their responsibility so take it with a grain of salt. 

There are so many angles to discuss this group of players. There are arguments from both sides. I respect both positions but did add that I feel overall Ballard has done well. Finally, coaching can be the main cause of a lot of this. 

22 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

1st: Malik Hooker, Paye and trade for Wentz. Would have to look deeper into the 2 other trades out of the first round to see what that actually turned into. 

These are all players I feel have under performed for all types of reasons including injuries and scheme. I believe Lewis could be viewed either way depending on the person. He had a great year as a rotational guy. Will also say the jury is still out on Dayo and Pierce.  This year is pivotal for both of them. I may have missed some players bc I’m not that invested in this. 

I don’t think Ballard has been bad in the first two rounds but I do think it’s top heavy with the Nelson, Leonard, MPJ, Taylor and Smith picks. He really knocked it out of the park with those.  5 stars and 9-11 so so to bad picks. It really depends on the person if they view that as acceptable. I get both sides. Personally, stars win games and those 5 players are/were studs and that matters. Wish  we could have found an answer at DE with all the draft capital spent but overall I think Ballard drafts very well. 

Paye is NOT a bust or wasted pick. I’ll give you Wentz, that was beyond stupid

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Paye is NOT a bust or wasted pick. I’ll give you Wentz, that was beyond stupid

I don’t think he is a bust or wasted pick either. I do think he has underperformed but not by much. Why I added underperformed part. If he was a 2nd round pick I would have left him off the list. I will admit I value first round picks heavily and recognize that is my opinion only. 

13 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Appreciate the post.  

The vast majority of the players you listed I would not call a bust.  Banogu is the most obvious bust without a doubt. 

The rest I’d grant to some level of under performance.  But personally, I don’t downgrade players because they suffered injuries.  Some people do, I just disagree.   When some of these guys were healthy they played pretty well.   

I don’t understand how someone like Dayo is on the list.   Drafted after having surgery on his Achilles.  Hurried back and played half way thru his rookie year.   He was OK for a year and a half and this year popped for 11 sacks.    I don’t want to go on and on about guys who were pretty good when healthy.   I’d say Hooker, Paye, Rock, Paris and Lewis played well.  They just were healthy enough.   Sucks for the Colts but it’s the NFL and stuff happens. 

Thanks again.   With your post the other day, just wanted to say you’ve got a new friend.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/03/indianapolis-colts-nfl-draft-rome-odunze-meeting-combine-trade-up/

"Let’s look at some of the teams he met with. The Patriots, the Cardinals, the Giants, the Titans and the Bears are among the intriguing ones for me because those are all the top 10 teams,” said Rapoport. “Also, he spent some time with the Colts, the Jaguars, the Rams and the Steelers. The reason why those are interesting is those would be potential trade-up teams. Rarely do you see a huge trade-up for a receiver, but not never. Obviously, that is something to keep an eye on.”

Colts as a complement to Michael Pittman Jr., but he certainly has the upside to turn into a team’s WR1. Given how impactful the passing game has become, a team can never take too many shots at wide receiver.

The big question isn’t whether Colts are interested in Odunze. That part has become clear. The question now becomes whether Chris Ballard would be willing to pull the trigger on a trade-up if the opportunity presents itself."

Probably just more of Colts doing their due diligence, in case he got to them, or maybe if he gets within range? 

Probably need to be at #8 or #6 at least, to get in front of Bears at #9 or Titans at #7.

Top pick options for trade up with:

15(1050pts)

46(470pts)

2025 2nd(270pts)

82(180pts)

2025 3rd(112pts)

82(180pts)

118(58pts)

Most likely spot we need to trade to:

8(1400 pts)

6(1600 pts)

I think to get to #6, a deal would need to look something like this:

#6(1600 pts)

#185(17.4pts)

2025 6th(7.4pts)

(1624.8pts)

For

#15(1050pts)

#46(470pts)

2025 3rd(112pts)

(1632pts)

You know Ballard will fight to get every bit back he can. As far as #8 below, they 

#8(1400pts)

#110(74pts)/ or #142(35pts)

2025 5th(25pts)

(1499pts)

For

#15(1050pts)

#82(180pts)

2025 2nd(270pts)

(1500pts)

Depending how much Ballard could get back in return.

Still think bigger chance we move back, but man there is going to be a lot of great options available at #15. 

To me, my takeaway that we interviewed Odunze is that might suggest the Colts are considering WR at 15.   I think the chances of trading up are close to zero for all Ballard reasons we know about.  

But I think it’s intriguing that WR might seriously be in play at 15.   Personally, Brian Thomas at 15 sounds very appealing.  And I’m sure there others as well. 

Fascinating draft. 

• Like 6

On 3/1/2024 at 11:00 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Ballard let Autry and Houston leave when they produced like Kwity did last season. Good sack number with low pressures. 

Ballard let Autry and Houston go because the salary cap went DOWN nearly $20 million due to a thing called Covid.  You may have heard about it,  was all the news.  

They were both over 30 and if you have to cut players in that circumstance that’s who you cut.  We’ve been talking about it here for years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To me, my takeaway that we interviewed Odunze is that might suggest the Colts are considering WR at 15.   I think the chances of trading up are close to zero for all Ballard reasons we know about.  

But I think it’s intriguing that WR might seriously be in play at 15.   Personally, Brian Thomas at 15 sounds very appealing.  And I’m sure there others as well. 

Fascinating draft. 

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it at the moment.

So deep at WR(12-13 top 50), do you wait till the 2nd? Take top 5 option at #15. Not till 3rd or later for next wave after top 12-13?

That's not even including all the other options at other positions.(CB, Edge,DT, TE)

The time is soon approaching.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fascinating draft. 

I agree that Thomas Jr at 15 would be solid. I don’t see a trade up in the 1st which likely eliminates Odunze but neither do  I see the Colts

trading down. There will be some excellent players there for the taking at 15. The Colts need impact players. I suspect Steichen will be clamoring for one, especially a receiver. Thomas would be that guy. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I agree that Thomas Jr at 15 would be solid. I don’t see a trade up in the 1st which likely eliminates Odunze but neither do  I see the Colts

trading down. There will be some excellent players there for the taking at 15. The Colts need impact players. I suspect Steichen will be clamoring for one, especially a receiver. Thomas would be that guy. 

It’s fun to talk about this stuff now but we really need to see what happens in FA.  What we do or not do will make a huge impact on the draft.

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fascinating draft. 

I’m trying to figure out his angle of constant mention of the depth of the receiver class. 

is he hoping others view it the same/see them as a viable threat to take one at 15? Are they looking to possibly trade up, or down and take one? Is he just laying the groundwork for why he takes a defensive lineman at 15, and waits until later for a receiver? 

there’s little doubt he’s working smoke and mirrors

54 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it at the moment.

So deep at WR(12-13 top 50), do you wait till the 2nd? Take top 5 option at #15. Not till 3rd or later for next wave after top 12-13?

That's not even including all the other options at other positions.(CB, Edge,DT, TE)

The time is soon approaching.

I think it depends on how Ballard and the team grades the players.

if a receiver they have, let’s say 3rd on their board, is there at 15 but a player they have at another position is rated higher (ex. Maybe arnold), I’m thinking they’ll take Arnold and then draft a receiver in the 2nd.  That’s where the depth comes into play.  But I’d say if 1 and 2 on their board is gone at 15 and BTJ is there, I think we’re definitely grabbing him.  

Personally, I think the writing is on the wall, the position ballard is thinking about is pass catcher.  Who is left at 15 will determine if we go pass catcher first.  One thing I will say with confidence, we’re double dipping in receiver.  

47 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’m trying to figure out his angle of constant mention of the depth of the receiver class. 

is he hoping others view it the same/see them as a viable threat to take one at 15? Are they looking to possibly trade up, or down and take one? Is he just laying the groundwork for why he takes a defensive lineman at 15, and waits until later for a receiver? 

there’s little doubt he’s working smoke and mirrors

I think most anything you listed is possible except one thing.    Trading up in the 1st. 

Otherwise I think the colts have tons of options, and they’re all good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Appreciate the post.  

The vast majority of the players you listed I would not call a bust.  Banogu is the most obvious bust without a doubt. 

The rest I’d grant to some level of under performance.  But personally, I don’t downgrade players because they suffered injuries.  Some people do, I just disagree.   When some of these guys were healthy they played pretty well.   

I don’t understand how someone like Dayo is on the list.   Drafted after having surgery on his Achilles.  Hurried back and played half way thru his rookie year.   He was OK for a year and a half and this year popped for 11 sacks.    I don’t want to go on and on about guys who were pretty good when healthy.   I’d say Hooker, Paye, Rock, Paris and Lewis played well.  They just were healthy enough.   Sucks for the Colts but it’s the NFL and stuff happens. 

Thanks again.   With your post the other day, just wanted to say you’ve got a new friend.  

On my list I would only consider Ben Banogu and Quincy Wilson bust. The rest have reasons such as injury, slight underachievement or there is still time. Those on the list aren’t an indication of my personal opinion of them but an objective try to see both sides.  They are all up to personal reasons why someone grades a player so very subjective. I will say I’ve been very pleased except the DE position. That one I grade Ballard out as average between his drafting and FA. That’s pretty darn good in my book if that’s your “black eye”. The QB spot I put on Reich. I said the moment they went the veteran route someone would ultimately lose their job over this…I think we saw who did and why. 

Always enjoyed discussing topics with you even when on opposite sides. Always respected your positions and look forward to your responses. I hate echo chambers and enjoy a bit of push back with others ideas and opinions with hobbies, work and personal life. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think most anything you listed is possible except one thing.    Trading up in the 1st. 

Otherwise I think the colts have tons of options, and they’re all good. 

I don’t see him trading up at all. And especially for a receiver. the only possibility in my opinion of trading up is to secure the first pass rusher off the board, but I don’t see that either. 

I’d like to see him hold and see who they take at 15. 

10 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

The funny thing is Malik Hooker isn’t really a bust, he has really developed into a solid starter for the Cowboys. PFF had him as the 14th best safety this year and last year called him the most underrated player on the cowboys for allowing only 0.19 yards per coverage snap.

8 hours ago, smittywerb said:

One thing I will say with confidence, we’re double dipping in receiver.  

I don’t think so on the double dipping, because if we draft one our WR group will look like: Pittman, Downs, Pierce, Draftee, Dulin. That would be a solid group and I don’t think we keep more than 5 WRs but I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I don’t think so on the double dipping, because if we draft one our WR group will look like: Pittman, Downs, Pierce, Draftee, Dulin. That would be a solid group and I don’t think we keep more than 5 WRs but I could be wrong. 

Not for nothing….   But I thought I should tell you I have a new man crush.   You’re big right tackle.   Saw tape of him today and immediately fell in love.   I don’t think Braden Smith would want to move to RG,  but if he was willing, and your guy lasted to 15, I’d love to take him.    Man crush alert!! 

But after his combine work, I don’t see him lasting to 15.   I think he goes sooner.  Oh well….  Just a sweet dream….   Sigh…. 

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not for nothing….   But I thought I should tell you I have a new man crush.   You’re big right tackle.   Saw tape of him today and immediately fell in love.   I don’t think Braden Smith would want to move to RG,  but if he was willing, and your guy lasted to 15, I’d love to take him.    Man crush alert!! 

But after his combine work, I don’t see him lasting to 15.   I think he goes sooner.  Oh well….  Just a sweet dream….   Sigh…. 

Oregon State had a really underrated team this year, all credit goes to Jonathan Smith. It was a shame that he left but he was great at finding good players and what is even more underrated he built a staff that was fantastic at developing players. Theres a lot of good Oregon State players coming out this year and the rest are transferring unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Possible also.  I’m just going off what Ballard says and his tendencies.  Like last year, he loved the depth of the CB position and we ended up drafting 3 in an already deep CB room.  Granted, losing Rodgers also opened up that opportunity.  So I see us doing the same with his recent remarks regarding the depth of this class.  Idk, I just can’t see us walking away with one pass catcher when playmakers are desperately needed on the offense.  I can see us getting one WR if we can get Bowers.  But if we can’t get Bowers, definitely see us going with 2 WRs, with the second WR being selected in the 4-7 rounds.

Ballard also likes building depth for competition.  I think only Pittman and Downs and maybe Dulin due to his ST talents are safe.  Ballard didn’t give Pierce the best feedback in his EOTY presser.  So I could see us doing something similar this year.  Drafting 2 WRs, with one most likely being apart of the 5 and the other either moving to the PS or maybe even being cut or going to the PS.

11 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Possible also.  I’m just going off what Ballard says and his tendencies.  Like last year, he loved the depth of the CB position and we ended up drafting 3 in an already deep CB room.  Granted, losing Rodgers also opened up that opportunity.  So I see us doing the same with his recent remarks regarding the depth of this class.  Idk, I just can’t see us walking away with one pass catcher when playmakers are desperately needed on the offense.  I can see us getting one WR if we can’t get Bowers.  But if we can’t get Bowers, definitely see us going with 2 WRs, with the second WR being selected in the 4-7 rounds.

Ballard also likes building depth for competition.  I think only Pittman and Downs and maybe Dulin due to his ST talents are safe.  Ballard didn’t give Pierce the best feedback in his EOTY presser.  So I could see us doing something similar this year.  Drafting 2 WRs, with one most likely being apart of the 5 and the other either moving to the PS or maybe even being cut or going to the PS.

True, with how much he talked up Dulin makes me think he will add only one because he expects Dulin to be a big contributor when he returns 

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard let Autry and Houston go because the salary cap went DOWN nearly $20 million due to a thing called Covid.  You may have heard about it,  was all the news.  

They were both over 30 and if you have to cut players in that circumstance that’s who you cut.  We’ve been talking about it here for years. 

Once again you are mis-rememebring Ballard's own words regarding the change in direction. He publicly stated that they didn’t pressure at the level we needed. Autry also stated we offered the same money, but he was upset with how the offer was handled. And the Titans was the right place for payback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

True, with how much he talked up Dulin makes me think he will add only one because he expects Dulin to be a big contributor when he returns 

I wish they would give up on the Dulin experiment but oh well hopefully it works.

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

53 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I wish they would give up on the Dulin experiment but oh well hopefully it works.

Seems he was mostly talking Dulin up from an ST perspective and the fact he can play 3 WR positions. I guess that’s fine as long as that doesn’t prevent them from bringing in better WR talent. 

20 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t see him trading up at all. And especially for a receiver. the only possibility in my opinion of trading up is to secure the first pass rusher off the board, but I don’t see that either. 

I’d like to see him hold and see who they take at 15. 

Who do you think will be the first pass rusher off the board?

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Who do you think will be the first pass rusher off the board?

Turner. Based on everything I’ve read. But I would wait for Verse… I think Chop could be a surprise similar to how the Raiders (not without controversy) took Clelin Ferrell in 2019. I don’t necessarily see any of them top 5, but you just never know… 

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Turner. Based on everything I’ve read. But I would wait for Verse… I think Chop could be a surprise similar to how the Raiders (not without controversy) took Clelin Ferrell in 2019. I don’t necessarily see any of them top 5, but you just never know… 

I don't think Turner is a good scheme fit for the Colts, so I wouldn't see them drafting him in the first, let alone moving up for him. I'm unenthused about Verse; he can't bend, it's on his tape, and his three cone and shuttle times back that up. His explosives are good... Chop seems like the traits guy the Colts would love, but he's unrefined, and seems like a trade back target more than a trade up target.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zoltan said:

The funny thing is Malik Hooker isn’t really a bust, he has really developed into a solid starter for the Cowboys. PFF had him as the 14th best safety this year and last year called him the most underrated player on the cowboys for allowing only 0.19 yards per coverage snap.

Yeah, I don't understand the repeated posts about Hooker being bust or any less for his draft position. He had good years with Colts before injury set him back, I thought Colts should've paid him as it would've been cheaper than when healthy. He has played really well with Cowboys, on par for his draft slot. 

One may even have to question if Cowboys scheme and coaching staff on defense got better out of him than that of Colts?

Remember, even very good players could get drafted in a less than perfect fit team or with the coaching staff that don't utilize their talent to the fullest, and their performance could take a hit to a point we call them bust or bad for their drafted position! 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, I don't understand the repeated posts about Hooker being bust or any less for his draft position. He had good years with Colts before injury set him back, I thought Colts should've paid him as it would've been cheaper than when healthy. He has played really well with Cowboys, on par for his draft slot. 

One may even have to question if Cowboys scheme and coaching staff on defense got better out of him than that of Colts?

Remember, even very good players could get drafted in a less than perfect fit team or with the coaching staff that don't utilize their talent to the fullest, and their performance could take a hit to a point we call them bust or bad for their drafted position! 

I don't think it's as much him being a bust as it's him being a bad pick. Ultimately the outcome is the same for the Colts - he's no longer here and that's been a thing for quite a few picks for us.

Doesn't really matter if it's talent, scheme-fit or whatever else - if early round picks don't stick they're bad picks in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Seems he was mostly talking Dulin up from an ST perspective and the fact he can play 3 WR positions. I guess that’s fine as long as that doesn’t prevent them from bringing in better WR talent. 

Ballard has made it known they see as more than a special teams performer and they see him as a big contributor to the WR room.  It’s the later part I wish would stop. He might be depth at WR but that’s it in my opinion.  I hope I am wrong though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't think Turner is a good scheme fit for the Colts, so I wouldn't see them drafting him in the first, let alone moving up for him. I'm unenthused about Verse; he can't bend, it's on his tape, and his three cone and shuttle times back that up. His explosives are good... Chop seems like the traits guy the Colts would love, but he's unrefined, and seems like a trade back target more than a trade up target.

You are right about Chop… He’s the guy I think that can be a surprise 1st pass rusher off the board, way ahead of projections. If he is who I were targeting, I’d be afraid to move back hoping he was still there… 

I’m not necessarily enthused about Verse. I just think he’s the better of the bunch for an early rotation and development aspect. I don’t necessarily want to take one at 15. I’m getting more on the receiver train, especially if we can’t nail a deal down with Pittman. It seems that would be smart, if the right guy is there for our taking. Idk what to expect. 

5 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Wouldn’t rule out Latu at 15 too. He had a solid combine and would be suited to Bradley’s Leo defensive end role. Very refined pass rusher.

PFF guys were gushing about him

19 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Wouldn’t rule out Latu at 15 too. He had a solid combine and would be suited to Bradley’s Leo defensive end role. Very refined pass rusher.

I'd cross Latu off the list for the Colts. He's older, his explosive testing is below average, arm length is below average, and he has a rough medical history.