Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

23 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That’s not really twisting what Ballard said. It’s actually what he did say. It was an organizational philosophy and he meant it. And it seemed to influence future decisions. 

But the reason that quote gets brought up is because many Colts have and still do use the Luck retiring excuse as to why Ballard hasn’t been successful. And these are Ballard’s own words basically saying that it’s not an excuse. 

I don’t share that view. 

Ballard’s comment about the 53 man roster is a comment directed at the back half if the roster.   That if they play hard they can make a difference between winning and losing, like with special teams, a core Ballard belief.   

It does not relate to his comment about not getting the quarterback right.  It’s nit like Ballard is unaware that quarterback is the most important position in the roster.  

By the way, you’re not the first person to state your argument this way.  @Yoshinator first tried that several years ago and it went down in flames.  This is common for the Ballard-haters club.  

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

To be fair, none of the QBs in that draft class were worth higher than a 3rd round pick. I’m just of the opinion you pick a QB until you hit or you’re currently developing a young QB as your franchise QB. 

Both Ridder and Willis got a shot at the starting job, Eason was always intended as a backup. I think there’s a big difference. 

Suppose a big deal will be made about Ridder and Willis being 3rd rounders. 

Willis and Ridder were QB2 and QB3. They were on Day 2 dart throws because it was a weak draft class. 

Eason was QB6 in a class that featured (4) R1 QBs. No QBs were taken between mid R2 (Hurts) and mid R4 (Eason).

They’re all dart throws to a degree, but not really the same. Eason was like tier 3 and not really a serious pick for a team that needed a QB long-term. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

There is no rule about it, I just thought it funny you using hindsight when you call people (incl. me) out for using it. Pot meet kettle and all that. 

I think you’re confusing me with someone else.   Seriously.   I’m sure you’ll disagree. 

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

I didn't like it? I couldn't care less, I expected it.

Where was the insult? Lol 

What are you even talking about, a hole got poked in your narrative and you moved the goal post.  That's not a petty insult, that's an accurate description of what happened.

So quick to throw shade and hate towards Ballard for 80 some pages, but can't handle 1-2 post of getting holes poked in your narrative and called out for it.

As far as intent, if Tennessee and Atlanta intended for Willis and Ridder to be starters, then they had extremely bad evaluations. As the Titans drafted a new QB a year later and started Dobbs over Willis when presented the opportunity. Falcons moved onto Cousins and traded Ridder.

I think it's more accurate to say, they hoped they could become their starter long term at some point. Same with the Colts, they would've loved for Eason to get here and show he could be the starter in year 2 or 3. You never know till they get in your system and start working.

Bottom line is all 3 dart throws were unsuccessful. 

I mean, you pretty much brush my explanation aside and told me I’m just moving goal posts. In fact you didn’t expect anything different. That’s insulting to me.

Like I said, all the QBs that draft were pretty terrible compared to other draft classes. 3rd round was about as good as it got and you can’t just pass on drafting a QB when your team doesn’t have an answer there.

I think the Colts drafted Eason to be a backup and didn’t expect anything else. I don’t think The Falcons and the Titans drafted Ridder and Willis with the intent of sitting them on the bench or to hold clipboards. It may have been a long shot for them, but the intent was to start them, because they didn’t have anything. Everyone hopes their player turn out to be start players, but that’s not intent. Suppose you think I’m moving the goal posts again. Don’t bother answering. 

We can disagree, I don’t have a problem with that, but don’t insult me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t share that view. 

Ballard’s comment about the 53 man roster is a comment directed at the back half if the roster.   That if they play hard they can make a difference between winning and losing, like with special teams, a core Ballard belief.   

It does not relate to his comment about not getting the quarterback right.  It’s nit like Ballard is unaware that quarterback is the most important position in the roster.  

By the way, you’re not the first person to state your argument this way.  @Yoshinator first tried that several years ago and it went down in flames.  This is common for the Ballard-haters club.  

What argument? It’s what the man said at his opening day presser. He said it twice, including when being asked about having Luck at QB. 

Nobody’s twisting what he said. He gave his thoughts. 

He made other comments over the year about drafting a QB, but his actions support that he actually felt it wasn’t about one guy, hence the approach. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t share that view. 

I hate Ballard because he makes watching the Colts an unenjoyable experience. I would prefer he do well (even if his approach is bad) because it would mean the Colts are doing well. 

On the contrary, any playoff team that's a contender loves Chris Ballard because they know he isn't going to be a threat to beat them or make the playoffs (the Chiefs in the regular season not withstanding). 

The only people who are Ballard-haters are Colts fans who want to win and are frustrated with the team since 2019. 31 other teams fanbases love Chris Ballard not because he's good at what he does, but because he makes sure the Colts are stuck in mediocrity and that's one less team that will contend for the SB. Texans fans really love Chris Ballard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stitches said:

Oh I know perfectly well what he meant and there is no twisting in his words. The more contentious part of my post is whether he indeed is relying on one player to now make the difference for him. I think all the puff pieces (Nate Atkins, Holder) we've had trying to explain how what he's doing (7th year in a row) is good, while the opponents are losing talent(conveniently omitting to assess if the lost talent is better than the gained talent), are making a pretty good case for the essence of my post - Ballard's main hope for this team to be better next year is AR. Which is pretty ironic.

Damn... I guess now that the sad emoji is out you decided it's time to open the vault with long held inside gripes. 

I crucified Ballard? I mean... I guess I will have to rely on your memory here and hope they are better than mine and not at all influenced by grudges or inability to take criticism of ... the team's GM. I don't have that memory because my memory is that at the time I actually liked a lot of those picks. Notice, this is not to be mistaken with me wishing he'd take a shot on one of those QBs in the 3d. And I don't consider that a mistake, either. Both Tennessee and ATL made the right decision to take a shot on a talented QB when they knew they didn't have their long-term guy on the roster. It didn't work for them... it's normal, a lot of picks don't work out and not just at QB and it doesn't automatically make the decision wrong or a mistake. This is something you don't seem to understand - the process is much more important than the low level details. I've said a ton of times - I care about what Ballard does on a philosophical level, much more than the specifics... I defer a lot to him and the scouting department on specific players. And I don't expect every player to hit... and I don't consider every miss a mistake. 

what a great post 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I hate Ballard because he makes watching the Colts an unenjoyable experience. I would prefer he do well (even if his approach is bad) because it would mean the Colts are doing well. 

On the contrary, any playoff team that's a contender loves Chris Ballard because they know he isn't going to be a threat to beat them or make the playoffs (the Chiefs in the regular season not withstanding). 

The only people who are Ballard-haters are Colts fans who want to win and are frustrated with the team since 2019. 31 other teams fanbases love Chris Ballard not because he's good at what he does, but because he makes sure the Colts are stuck in mediocrity and that's one less team that will contend for the SB. Texans fans really love Chris Ballard. 

I agree texans fans are benefiting from ballards method of filling the roster. they should love ballards bargain bin method while they watch caserio turn a losing team into the elite of the afc south with his smart deals and draft picks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

f4318f9578fd0fac3b164ba00b9f796b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I agree texans fans are benefiting from ballards method of filling the roster. they should love ballards bargain bin method while they watch caserio turn a losing team into the elite of the afc south with his smart deals and draft picks.

Yep. The sad thing is we don't even really benefit from not signing FAs with the compensatory pick system. We rarely ever have extra picks. I think maybe 2-3 extra picks since Ballard took over. No other FAs sign for enough money to qualify most of the time, and if they do, we cancel it out with the 2nd tier FAs we do sign. 

So it's not like we are just signing our own to gain extra picks, we are just stuck in neutral and paying more to stay the same. 

Sneed would have been nice. If Mitchell and Arnold get drafted before us, we may be in some trouble at the CB position for the draft and next year.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

You pretend like Ballard has a trophy case. That was Polian, let me remind you. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

What argument? It’s what the man said at his opening day presser. He said it twice, including when being asked about having Luck at QB. 

Nobody’s twisting what he said. He gave his thoughts. 

He made other comments over the year about drafting a QB, but his actions support that he actually felt it wasn’t about one guy, hence the approach. 

This is your interpretation of comments Ballard has made about the team.   The Ballard detractors twist his meaning.  The Ballard defenders do not. 

We see this differently.   Just like we do when you think Ballard now wishes he had done things differently.  That’s your opinion.  I think Ballard has been proven right that he and Irsay and Frank made the best decisions they could for a team viewed as in “win now” mode.   

Im sorry we don’t agree more often, I think you’re one of the smartest people here.  I’ve said that publicly a number of times.   But we rarely seem to find enough common ground.  Wish it wasn’t so.  

1 hour ago, w87r said:

There's no difference.

I fully didn't expect you to acknowledge the facts you were just faced with, and for you to try and move the goal post. A dart throw is a dart throw. I don't care if it's a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

But it isn't for a 6th rounder? Come on man... this is so obtuse and you know it is. You know what he meant, you know what I meant. Should we expand on every single caveat that can be made about a pretty simple and intuitive statement only so someone wouldn't catch you in a technicality "well, you actually didn't explicitly say this or that". This is stupid. Lets talk like adults here. Did you get what is meant when me or @Solid84 wrote our posts? Do we really need to go into whether a 3d rounder is "taking a shot" or the 4th rounder is "taking a shot", but the sixth rounder after that isn't... but in one of the years there were legit 1st round QBs to be taken and in the other one there weren't...  etc.

If you want to be really technical... EVERYTHING in the draft is a dart throw. From the no. 1 pick to the UDFAs. Doesn't mean we cannot talk colloquially and understand eachother without "gatchas". Ballard did NOT seriously address the QB position in the draft until last year. This is the essence. And a pick in the 3d might not have been enough either... but it would have been better than nothing. When you have no long-term QB on the roster, you do what you can to find that guy.... in the 1st.... or in the 3th or as UDFA... just different expectations for players drafted in different ranges. 

I'm sorry but this whole thing is so freaking pointless and doesn't serve anybody except for us to bicker over meaningless minutiae and waste our time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Since the 2002 re-alignment:

Division Championships

Colts 9

Texans 7

Titans 4

Jags 2

AFC Title Game appearances

Colts 4 

Titans 2

Jags 1

Texans 0

SB appearances

Colts 2

Jags 0

Texans 0

Titans 0

SB Championships

Colts 1

Jags 0

Texans 0

Titans 0

I pretty much think the Colts are Laughing at these the other teams over the last 22 seasons. Not too mention, they barely beat us to win the Division last season and we had a backup QB and they had their franchise QB. We could easily be up 10-6 in Division Championships had the luck of the ball bounced our way at the end of last years game. 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- we have the Ring too, those either 3 teams do not, hit it Freddy Mercury = WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND - top that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yep. The sad thing is we don't even really benefit from not signing FAs with the compensatory pick system. We rarely ever have extra picks. I think maybe 2-3 extra picks since Ballard took over. No other FAs sign for enough money to qualify most of the time, and if they do, we cancel it out with the 2nd tier FAs we do sign. 

So it's not like we are just signing our own to gain extra picks, we are just stuck in neutral and paying more to stay the same. 

Sneed would have been nice. If Mitchell and Arnold get drafted before us, we may be in some trouble at the CB position for the draft and next year.

ballard seems to like the young corners that he drafted he liked their ras scores like he did with all the failed wrs and pass rushers he drafted who are no longer on the team. he needs to be better at drafting if he builds only through the draft and bargain bin free agents. his method is keeping us and average team. delayed gratification should have kicked in after almost a decade of waiting. he said he was going to change but he has not done it as of now. we need upgrades at pass rush pressure, wrs who can get open, tight ends who can change games, cbs who can cover  and pass defending lbs. we need upgrades everywhere, meanwhile he resigns his average talent.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Since the 2002 re-alignment:

Division Championships

Colts 9

Texans 7

Titans 4

Jags 2

AFC Title Game appearances

Colts 4 

Titans 2

Jags 1

Texans 0

SB appearances

Colts 2

Jags 0

Texans 0

Titans 0

SB Championships

Colts 1

Jags 0

Texans 0

Titans 0

I pretty much think the Colts are Laughing at these the other teams over the last 22 seasons. No too mention, they barely beat us to win the Division last season and we had a backup QB and they had there franchise QB. We could easily be up 10-6 in Division Championships had the luck of the ball bounced our way at the end of last years game. 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- we have the Ring too, those either 3 teams do not, hit it Freddy Mercury = WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND - top that. 

Unfortunately, Ballard contributed to none of this, and that is the problem. I praise Polian and Manning for what they did for this team. 

• Like 2

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard seems to like the young corners that he drafted he liked their ras scores like he did with all the failed wrs and pass rushers he drafted who are no longer on the team. he needs to be better at drafting if he builds only through the draft and bargain bin free agents. his method is keeping us and average team. delayed gratification should have kicked in after almost a decade of waiting. he said he was going to change but he has not done it as of now. we need upgrades at pass rush pressure, wrs who can get open, tight ends who can change games, cbs who can cover  and pass defending lbs. we need upgrades everywhere, meanwhile he resigns his average talent.

The pass rush would be passable if we blitzed more. Unfortunately, we don't get pressure, and last years sack total is the exception and not the norm. Pittman can catch the ball well and run routes, but he doesn't separate. Pierce is just bad right now, and his potential is based on Richardson. Downs is good. The tight ends are a bunch of potential guys who have done nothing. You almost have to give the group a year with full health, but there's no telling how they do. The secondary is bad. Sneed would have done wonders for us. Mitchell is a perfect scheme fit at 15, but the Vikings, Broncos, and Raiders are all threats to take him. 

Situation sucks for Colts fans who want to win and have put up with this crap for years. We have to hope Richardson can stay healthy or it's more of the same before we even know he's good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Unfortunately, Ballard contributed to none of this, and that is the problem. I praise Polian and Manning for what they did for this team. 

Andrew Luck also was a huge factor, having said that I gave a 22 season sample size and all we have is history. We are the best in the South until our records are broken. 

By your logic that would be like telling a Pats fan that is ticked off over the last 4 seasons from 2020-2023 because of their terrible play, that the 6 SB wins don't mean squat because it was all Brady. They have stunk for 4 seasons now let that sink in but they still are the kings in the AFC East since 2002 until someone breaks their records. 

I get your anger and disappointment; I am not happy with the Ballard era regarding winning, but we still have the best franchise under Irsay in our Division.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

But it isn't for a 6th rounder? Come on man... this is so obtuse and you know it is. You know what he meant, you know what I meant. Should we expand on every single caveat that can be made about a pretty simple and intuitive statement only so someone wouldn't catch you in a technicality "well, you actually didn't explicitly say this or that". This is stupid. Lets talk like adults here. Did you get what is meant when me or @Solid84 wrote our posts? Do we really need to go into whether a 3d rounder is "taking a shot" or the 4th rounder is "taking a shot", but the sixth rounder after that isn't... but in one of the years there were legit 1st round QBs to be taken and in the other one there weren't...  etc.

If you want to be really technical... EVERYTHING in the draft is a dart throw. From the no. 1 pick to the UDFAs. Doesn't mean we cannot talk colloquially and understand eachother without "gatchas". Ballard did NOT seriously address the QB position in the draft until last year. This is the essence. And a pick in the 3d might not have been enough either... but it would have been better than nothing. When you have no long-term QB on the roster, you do what you can to find that guy.... in the 1st.... or in the 3th or as UDFA... just different expectations for players drafted in different ranges. 

I'm sorry but this whole thing is so freaking pointless and doesn't serve anybody except for us to bicker over meaningless minutiae and waste our time. 

you are so right , the nitpicking of words and posts is not enjoyable on this forum and some of these posters are not kids but they are adults who act like children. it would be a better forum if the post and word bashing stopped and we all acted like adults, we can disagree on here without being rude or combative. we are all colts fans  lets try to treat each  other with respect.

• Like 3

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew Luck also was a huge factor, having said that I gave a 22 season sample size and all we have is history. We are the best in the South until our records are broken. 

By your logic that would be like telling a Pats fan that is ticked off over the last 4 seasons from 2020-2023 because of their terrible play, that the 6 SB wins don't mean squat because it was all Brady. They have stunk for 4 seasons now let that sink in but they still are the kings in the AFC East since 2002 until someone breaks their records. 

I get your anger and disappointment; I am not happy with the Ballard era regarding winning, but we still have the best franchise under Irsay in our Division.

I'm saying our history doesn't matter under Ballard specifically, because he accomplished 0 of it. As Colts fans with Polian as the GM, it does mean something. We can enjoy past accomplishments still, but we can't contribute them to Ballard or think because we won in the past, it means we have a better chance to win in the future because everything is different besides Irsay. 

The current GM has never won anything but a playoff game that's meaningful. We have a 2nd year HC that's still green (although with potential), the team has never won anything together that's meaningful. Everything is different from our past success, and the only constant is Irsay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

you are so right , the nitpicking of words and posts is not enjoyable on this forum and some of these posters are not kids but they are adults who act like children. it would be a better forum if the post and word bashing stopped and we all acted like adults, we can disagree on here without being rude or combative. we are all colts fans  lets try to treat each  other with respect.

Yep, it's like WWE wrestling. The posters who describe themselves as the biggest positive people are a lot of time the biggest heels, and the people who are the most negative people (heels) generally are the people who want the best for this team and are the most rational. We wish the best for the team, but we are frustrated and won't pretend everything is good when it isn't. It's like when you are in pain in real life and need to go to the doctor and brush it off as everything's okay. Ballard is that pain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Great post. What would be the best thing is when someone just respects your opinions and when they are wrong, they can be woman or man enough to apologize to you when they are wrong, instead of never admitting they are wrong or just ignore you. That is the worse thing you can do to me. That is why I have avoided social media most of my life, this is social media but not like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.. I don't even mess with those sites. This world be a much better place if people can just express their freedom of speech but some can't handle the truth and get butt hurt when you try that mad homer simpson GIF.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I'm saying our history doesn't matter under Ballard specifically, because he accomplished 0 of it. As Colts fans with Polian as the GM, it does mean something. We can enjoy past accomplishments still, but we can't contribute them to Ballard or think because we won in the past, it means we have a better chance to win in the future because everything is different besides Irsay. 

The current GM has never won anything but a playoff game that's meaningful. We have a 2nd year HC that's still green (although with potential), the team has never won anything together that's meaningful. Everything is different from our past success, and the only constant is Irsay.

I get it and respect your opinion. Hard to beleive we have 0 Division Championships under Ballard. If you would have told me 7 years in that was possible, I would have laughed. Well, it is true :thmdown:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get it and respect your opinion. Hard to beleive we have 0 Division Championships under Ballard. If you would have told me 7 years in that was possible, I would have laughed. Well, it is true :thmdown:

21 teams out of 32 teams have won a Division title since Ballard became GM of the Colts. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yep, it's like WWE wrestling. The posters who describe themselves as the biggest positive people are a lot of time the biggest heels, and the people who are the most negative people (heels) generally are the people who want the best for this team and are the most rational. We wish the best for the team, but we are frustrated and won't pretend everything is good when it isn't. It's like when you are in pain in real life and need to go to the doctor and brush it off as everything's okay. Ballard is that pain.

I am positive but I also at least call out our team when fit. I have admitted that Ballard has been disappointing lately. I am just against posting negative crap over and over, it brings down the morale of the Forum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great post. What would be the best thing is when someone just respects your opinions and when they are wrong, they can be woman or man enough to apologize to you when they are wrong, instead of never admitting they are wrong or just ignore you. That is the worse thing you can do to me. That is why I have avoided social media most of my life, this is social media but not like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.. I don't even mess those sites. This world be a nuch better place if people can just express their freedom of speech but some can't handle the truth and get butt hurt when you try that mad homer simpson GIF.

you are one of the good posters on here who is not rude , you are one of the most positive posters on here and I would like to be that positive myself. I just get frustrated because I see where we need upgrades and nothing seems to get done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

you are one of the good posters on here who is not rude , you are one of the most positive posters on here and I would like to be that positive myself. I just get frustrated because I see where we need upgrades and nothing seems to get done.

I can read people pretty well. I have always had a sense you are good hearted and just post what you think is best for the team. That is why I have never called you on anything. You seem genuine and I respect that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank you. I respect yours as well. It's crazy that we have no division titles and only 1 playoff win. In 2018, I thought this team was going to be so good after the draft. Crazy how it all came crumbling down.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am positive but I also at least call out our team when fit. I have admitted that Ballard has been disappointing lately. I am just against posting negative crap over and over, it brings down the morale of the Forum.

Yeah, you are a top poster on here for sure. You tell the truth whether it's positive or negative. I wish we would start winning. I like being positive, but I won't sugercoat things either. If the team sucks, I'll call it out. If they do something great, I'll praise them. That's how it should be.

• Like 2

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Thank you. I respect yours as well. It's crazy that we have no division titles and only 1 playoff win. In 2018, I thought this team was going to be so good after the draft. Crazy how it all came crumbling down.

You are another one that gets a raw deal in here at times. I really don't see you as negative but more frustrated with what is going on. That is why I rarely get upset with you either. I also respect your knowledge of the game on different subjects as being a younger guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Your Broncos made a ton of free agent moves and also traded for Wilson. You jumped on that bandwagon. Did you jump off that wagon when that strategy backfired?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is common for the Ballard-haters club.  

Its getting harder to keep liking the guy.  Some people do take it to the extreme but i think its fair that football fans want results.  Carson and Matt Ryan were both big mistakes tbh.  AR is a big question mark.

I think it's out of line when people bring up "spoiled colts fans" because we won with Peyton and Polian.  This thread is meant to be about Chris Ballard.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, you are a top poster on here for sure. You tell the truth whether it's positive or negative. I wish we would start winning. I like being positive, but I won't sugercoat things either. If the team sucks, I'll call it out. If they do something great, I'll praise them. That's how it should be.

I try to be real with people. Mike Tyson is a person like that for example, does the same thing, he will just say how he feels towards something, but that can also be a downfall because you can offend many people in doing so. I figure if someone doesn't like you for who are you than it is what it is. Not everyone in life will love you but the people that really know you will if you are a good person :thmup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Not saying you’re wrong but… I’m saving this post for when the Texans strategy blows up in their face.

I think Ballard is too conservative but I think Caserio is too reckless. It’s gonna bite them harder than us when it back fires. As history has shown time and time again.

as I’ve said for years, we are the mid 2000s chiefs under Alex smith. A team that is on the edge of the playoffs but need the right guy at the right time. Entirely plausible that AR is that guy, but we don’t know. If he turns out good to great and we own the Texans again, I hope you and others come back to eat some crow. Likewise, if the Texans somehow win a ring, I’ll eat my crow.

• Like 1

Im not mad about this free agency specifically but Im not confident in where the team is going either.

So we are hoping AR is going to be amazing?  If hes not we could be looking at a big rebuild 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think Caserio is too reckless.

Hes a new GM taking swings because they were not going to be good if he was conservative.  He may not have survived long enough to play it slow.  The texans are known for regime changes

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Its getting harder to keep liking the guy.  Some people do take it to the extreme but i think its fair that football fans want results.  Carson and Matt Ryan were both big mistakes tbh.  AR is a big question mark.

I think it's out of line when people bring up "spoiled colts fans" because we won with Peyton and Polian.  This thread is meant to be about Chris Ballard.  

I think it’s an interesting position to take.  Because from my perspective, the Colts are coming off one of the most enjoyable seasons of my nearly 13 seasons of Colts fandom.   Nearly making the playoffs with a backup QB starting for the vast majority of the season.   I think Steichen is an interesting coach to watch.  I think he coached the heck out of the team.   I think there’s the likelihood of a promising future for the team.   If 2022 was a bad job by Ballard, and I’ve said it was, I think 2023 was one of his best.   

But I’m sure my point of view will it be popular, and if they were still available, would earn me some laughing emoji’s.   Thats life here.  

15 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

As he should be. In my opinion AR5 has to save his job for him. 

It’s always has been about the quarterback.  You have a good one and a lot of jobs are saved.  That’s just the way it is.